Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 12:38 am
@Izzie,
Happy New Year back atcha, querida. I'm wishing you a happy, healthy, peaceful, and relaxing new year. Is such a thing possible? Let me know.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 08:08 am
@Roberta,
enjooying my own temporary reprieve of health problems.
Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 10:19 pm
@farmerman,
These reprieves are good while they last. Glad to hear you're in the middle of one.
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 08:03 am
@Roberta,
Yes!! (Just don't read Nostradamus...) heh
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 04:41 pm
@Roberta,
Any news?
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 10:56 pm
@Borat Sister,
I had a breathing test last week and a bunch of blood tests earlier today. Results? Bupkis.

I'll let you know when I know. I promise.

Have you decided on work yet or are you still ruminating?
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:33 am
@Roberta,
Focusing on getting well again and on what calls me. I’m starting to adapt to leisure.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 06:19 am
Fulfilling my promise.

I got the results of my blood tests. Everything is normal except for my blood sugar level. The top end of normal is 5.7. Mine is 5.8. The doc told me to cut back on my sugar intake. I told her I'd cut out chocolate candy, but there is no way in hell I'm cutting out my cookies/cake and milk before I go to bed. A person has to draw the line somewhere.

I still haven't gotten the results of my breathing test, and there are still more tests to come.

I've been kvetching that my cognitive abilities are deteriorating. The doc gave me a quick cognitive test. The last time I took it, I got everything right--and fast! This time--one wrong (a memory question). Oh, the humiliation; the ignominy. I'm gonna go in a corner and sulk. I'll be back when I know more.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 08:53 am
@Roberta,
Thank you. Lucky you’ve got cogs to spare if you’re gonna be losing some.

You know, we’re not just interested in results of tests, we’re interested in everything about you

How are you?

Dog still visiting?

Still in book group?

How’s mit?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 08:58 am
This is one of the first threads I look to when I come online.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 04:31 pm
@Borat Sister,
How am I? I'm eh. Not great, not bad.

Joe and Winston visit me every week. I love dem guys. Joe gave me a kindle book thing. One of the best presents I ever got. I give him a list of books I wanna read. He enters them in the kindle, and I start reading.

The book group still exists but it's degroupifying. I lose my patience with the bunch--mostly. Old, old people who can't remember nuttin'. Who don't show up when we're supposed to meet. And who don't read the steenkin' books. When our oldest member mentions Rose, I've stopped telling her that we don't have a Rose because I know she means Gerry. When she calls a member Upstairs, that's Caroline. I love this woman--fascinating life. Good good person. She told me recently that "Rose" couldn't remember my name so she referred to me as the smart one. Hey, Rose. I didn't get 100 percent on the cognitive test.

Joe got engaged and is getting married in September. I'm invited to the wedding. Usually when a woman says she doesn't have anything to wear, she means that she's not happy about the selection in her closet and wants to go shopping. When I say I have nothing to wear, I mean I have nothing to wear. I don't own a dress, skirt, or slip. I also have no appropriate footwear. I know that I won't go nekkid. I just have to figure out what I'm gonna do.

I'm having lunch with Sue (semiotterly) next month. Although we both live in New York, we rarely see each other. I'm looking forward to spending some face time with her.

Nothing else is new. I'm gonna go read my kindle.

Borat Sister

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 06:29 pm
@Roberta,
So glad you’ve found kindle!!! Books much cheaper.

What would you like to wear to wedding? What size are you?

Must be another book group. They’re everywhere. You could google one in your area?

Can you walk much?
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 07:44 pm
@Borat Sister,
my wife had to co-host an awards thing last year and she rented a really neat outfit. Do they rent clothes in OZ?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:21 pm
@farmerman,
Roberta needs a dress, not Bunny..........but that's a great idea FM

By the way Roberta, what size shoe do you wear? And is it an evening or afternoon wedding?
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:25 pm
@glitterbag,
That could be a goer. Or second hand clothes are very cheap. Maybe eBay?

I wouldn’t be surprised if an a2ker somewhere had the right thing they are culling.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 08:04 am
Thanks for the clothing suggestions, you guys. I haven't bought clothes in a very long time. I don't know what size I am. I haven't bought shoes in an even longer time. Another size mystery. I don't know whether the wedding is day or night.

At the moment, I'm having an exacerbation of my COPD. I may end up in the ER. Phooey.
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 04:02 pm
@Roberta,
Well, bugger to ER. and bad breathing.

When you’re back, do you have a tape measure? Finding size isn’t that hard!

Could your dog friend’s owner bring one if you don’t have one?

Everyone in the world has a tape measure......except possibly you and me.

I lose mine, like I lose socks. One of each pair.

I got measured by a nurse yesterday. Sometimes they have tape measures!

Hope the exacerbation isn’t too bad.

Look after yourself.

Borat Sister

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2020 03:44 pm
@Borat Sister,
So what has February brung you?

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2020 04:46 pm
@Borat Sister,
Yes, I ended up in the ER. The exacerbation is bad. I'm gonna have to go for breathing exercises.

Yes, I have a tape measure. So what. I don't have money to buy anything even if I know what size I am. Not gonna be concerned now.

Tomorrow I see the gastroenterologist. I think another colonoscopy is in store.
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2020 06:08 pm
@Roberta,
Any news?