Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2020 04:12 pm
@Borat Sister,
I didn't see the stomach doc. I broke another tooth and had to go to the dental clinic and get it pulled. I have very few teeth left. My speech is being affected. I sound like Daffy Duck without quacking. I'm tired of eating mush. Tonight I'm going to try chewing.

How's mit you and the woollies?

'
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2020 03:45 pm
@Roberta,
Whatever you do, do not, I repeat- do not try eating a slice of Sicilian pizza! It demolished most of what was left of one tooth on my usual chewing side.
(that was last September, still haven't seen to getting it fully yanked out...since the the remains are mostly under the gumline I have an uneasy feeling it'll involve some level of surgical procedure)
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 04:28 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear about tooth. Sebastian slowly being more his usual self. After the second operation his eye has stopped filling with fluid. Yay! He seems to have stopped losing weight.

We are having lots of sibling rivalry which is a bit wearing!

I had prep work for a crown yesterday. Have the crown done next week. Hoping I can pay for health cover next year as without the dental cover I’d be in the same boat as you.

We do have public dentistry here but I gather waiting lists are long and I don’t know what they will do and what they won’t.

0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 11:50 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Tomorrow I see the gastroenterologist. I think another colonoscopy is in store.

Ummm! Anatomy lesson. Colonoscopy is not in store!

Rats! Use vaseline.
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:57 pm
@margo,
I’m worried. This is the last time Boida posted. It was the 15th Feb. it’s now 25th Feb here in Oz.

Hoping you’re ok Boida....maybe in hospital?
Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 12:13 am
@Borat Sister,
Relax, bunny. I have nothing to report. I'm not in the hospital. I'm at home being careful about biting down on stuff.

I'm glad that Sebastian seems a bit better. (I worry.) Sibling rivalry among cats. Impossible.

Izzie

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 02:07 pm
@Roberta,
Hey Boida

Are you here? Worried about you and all that's going on out there... heartbreaking. I do hope you are keeping safe. Love love you 💗
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 02:50 pm
S'OK, found you, phew xx
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 07:47 pm
Hey Boida.

Good news for Dodi.

Her breast cancer was not advanced. She had surgery last week, had drain and stitches out today and, after the cancer cells were examined, has been told she does not require radiotherapy!

She also had the breasts evened out, because lefty, where she had the first cancer years ago, was a lot smaller than righty, which was annoying. Now they are similar size!

How you?

My enclosed back garden for woollies is now complete, except for paving. If we get some dry spells today I can plant the first plants!

It’s generally been pretty cool since the wire went up and the house shadows almost all of the back yard at this time of year, but there’s a little patch of sun available so I’ll pop a chair there for them.

Sadly it kept getting delayed because an owner at the back (I had to get consent from five neighbours at the back) ignored my attempts to contact him until I got the management committee involved. It would still have been warm and sunny if I could have gone ahead when I wanted to so the plants would have done some growing. The soil is likely too cold for that now.

But it’s up!

So...how’s mit du?
Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 02:23 am
@Borat Sister,
Very glad to hear that Dodi is OK. Also very glad that she doesn't need radiation. Additionally glad that both sides are even.

Is the garden for the woollies exclusively? Or do you get a chance to enjoy your backyard?

Speaking of gardens, I'm very good with houseplants and a disaster with garden flora. Many years ago I tried helping a friend do some gardening. Pull out the weeds, says she. Which are the weeds, says I. Dandelions are easy to spot says she. Ain't those flowers says I.

How's mit moi? Feeling trapped and dehumanized. Reading A LOT.

Is this not a good time for you to be job hunting?
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 05:41 am
@Roberta,
Job hunting...
Has become very complex

Garden is for me and guests as well as woollies.

Sorry you’re feeling that way. I have way more freedom than you, and it’s getting to me.

We are lifting some restrictions here because the curve has flattened so much, but everyone is concerned re a second wave, with vaccines very uncertain....I’m aware there’s a bit of testing, but a vaccine could be a long way away.
0 Replies