Surgery--Again

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:21 am
I'll sure miss them animal photos!

Good luck with the slice 'n dice :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:37 am
Hi Roberta, I think it's normal to have anxiety when any medical procedure is going to intrude on our body. I'm now completing radiation therapy for prostate cancer, and have only two more treatments to go.

Before the treatment began, the urologist and oncologist told me about all the possible side-effects of radiation treatment. I have followed the recommendation of my oncologist to take Glutasolve and Acidophilus, and followed this regimen. The radiation therapist told me today that many of the patients he sees has problems with their stomach from early on in their treatments, and are bent over from the pain..

The only negatives I've had so far is the urgency to urinate more frequently during the day and night, and had some burning sensation a couple of times last week with a small splotch of blood on my underwear.
The nurse told me not to worry, because it's normal.

I meet with the oncologist once a week, and she told me recently she wished all her patients were like me!

All the pretreatment anxiety was for naught - so far.

I'm one of the lucky ones, and every patient reacts differently to radiation treatment.

Think positive.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:21 am
Roberta--

I've been thinking about this latest indignity that the fates have chucked in your lap.

You should have time off for good behavior. You should be able to spend your extra cash on wild dissipation rather than body repairs.

At the very least, your asthma should except you from all artificial sleep.

Awhooooooooooo.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:25 am
ptooey

~~~

The goils and I will be thinking of you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:22 pm
I'm hopeful that you will feel a lot better medically as well as funk-wise when this is over.

Will be thinking of you these week and next Monday, and sending you a lot of virtual chocolates from Sjaak's.

J
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:05 pm
We keep our fingers crossed for you on Monday, Roberta. Everything
will be fine, just think positive thoughts.

Do you have help afterwards at home? Is there someone cooking for
you and helping around the house? Can we send kicky over with his
apron? Or Joe Nation with his good nursing skills?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:59 pm
Oy gevalt. Surgery.

Will definitely be thinking of you, and hoping that the surgery is a success, the recovery a breeze, and that the post-recuperation you feels better than ever.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:03 pm
msolga, Diversions? Nice thought.

swimpy, Thanks for the good wishes.

Noddy, Upbeat? ROFLMAO. I don't pretend upbeat. However, I'll take the yowl and provide one in return. BTW, I don't have "extra" cash.

JPB, I had major surgery a couple of years ago. Considerable attention was paid to my breathing situation. It's likely that I'll be given a steroid to open my breathing passages. And I'll talk with the doc on Wed and see what he/she has to say. I've been distracting myself with online games. An addiction is forming.

Walter, Thanks for the good wishes. Vacancy at the hospital sounds good to me.

dadpad, Glad you came through the surgery ok and got the free vasectomy. Love dem freebies. Chances of my getting a free anthing are slim to none.

Roger, Never ends. You noticed that, did you? Me too.

Reyn, Thanks for the good wishes. I hope your wife is ok.

Mame, Appreciate the positive vibes. As for the no stewing, fuggedaboutit. I stew even when there's nothing to stew about. As good as I am at kvetching, I'm almost as good at stewing. It's a gift.

BBB, The doctors will be under stress. Just so they don't forget to wash their hands.

Coolwhip, You'll miss the animal photos? I appreciate hearing that. You could throw in a few in my absence. Or not.

c.i., Glad you're getting through the radiation well. I went through it two years ago. Still have some lingering side effects. I've been informed that they may always be with me. Rooting for you.

Bethie, Thanks for the thoughts from you and the goils.

osso, Virtual chocolates? Love dem--virtual and actual. Thanks, kid.

Jane, Thanks for the crossed fingers. Yes, I'll have someone to look after me. If she can't make it, I'll opt for kicky or Joe. Either one is fine with me.

Big phooey. Had to turn down a job. The due date was iffy. I have no idea how much time I'll need to get my head functioning. I coulda used that money. Did I say phooey? Saying it again.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:05 pm
soz, Saw your post after I posted the longie response. Thanks for the good wishes.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:12 pm
Yikes.
I feel for you.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Sending the postive ooooohhhhmmmms your way.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:53 pm
I'm sorry to hear you have to do this, Roberta. I'll be gritting my teeth for you.

I hope the time passes quickly and it's over before you know it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:12 pm
caribou, Thanks for the ohms.

Eva, Thanks for the teeth gritting. Don't let your dentist know about this. They frown on this sort of thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:20 pm
Roberta - sorry to hear about your back surgery! If it makes you feel any better, my sister's dog just had a similar procedure done and is recovering fine so long as he doesn't jump or twist. Seriously, I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:23 pm
littlek, Nothing wrong with my back (that I know of). The surgery is for a hernia (in the front). However, I appreciate your good wishes. And I'm glad the dog is doing well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:32 pm
Boida, no real chocolates right now. Better to ship 'em in winter. I'll see what I can do about that...

Or I bet ehBeth knows the bestest places in NYC, and I can place a relatively teeny gift certificate. I'd rather wait and send from Sjaak's though, for sentimental reasons between me and them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:46 pm
Aw, Roberta, that stinks. Best wishes from here.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:22 pm
Gee, Roberta, I'm sorry you've had all this on your mind for two months now. The anticipation has got to be the worst thing!

It won't be long now, and you'll have this done and overwith. Get some rest and take good care of yourself. I'm sending out some warm and fuzzy kitty hugs your way!

Love,

Stray Cat
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:25 pm
Roberta wrote:
littlek, Nothing wrong with my back (that I know of). The surgery is for a hernia (in the front). However, I appreciate your good wishes. And I'm glad the dog is doing well.

Oh! Embarrassed Sorry, I didn't take enough time to read properly.....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:25 pm
Well, Roberta, we'll all be kvetching and stewing with you until we hear some good news.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:28 pm
Quote:
we'll all be kvetching and stewing with you

I'm feeling verklempt.
0 Replies