Surgery--Again

Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:14 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to see you had bad PET results! My thoughts are with you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:31 pm
@Roberta,
Cripes.
Don't know what to say.
Cripes!

I think you need a visit from the doggies.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, Roberta, I wish it had been better news. I'm very sorry your battles continue just when a bit of a reprieve was eminent.

I guess this explains the extraordinary breathing problems you've been having. Kudos to the folks who first noticed it.

You are a survivor and still have more than a little fight left in you. I know you are tired. We will be here to hold your hand. Lean on us when you want and need to.

Love you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:47 pm
@Roberta,
Oh My God!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:06 pm
@Roberta,
Very sad reading this news of your latest battle Roberta. From what I've seen of you, there's still a fighter inside and you have some hidden reserves for the fight as well...your animals thread never fails to bring a smile and some serenity, even on the tough days.
Thoughts'll be with you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:16 pm
@Roberta,
Oh Boida.

Hugs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:16 pm
@Roberta,
I honestly don't know if there's any fight left in me. There probably is not so much fight as just dealing with what comes.

Butrfly, I have no symptoms. The cancer was found during a standard check. My breathing problems are from emphysema mostly. Asthma also.

The tumor is in the midst of a major emphysema cluster, which may be to my advantage. I don't do much breathing there anyway.

Here's a reminder of previous tsuris from last week:

Roberta wrote:

I woke up to find a message from the doctor. I have an appointment for tomorrow. The scan place was supposed to call with details. No call. So I have an appointment, and I don't know where.

It took me all afternoon. I mean ALL afternoon, but I now know where.

I got a letter TODAY telling me where and when and giving me the phone number. Thud.

Looking forward to the dog visit on Friday.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:22 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I honestly don't know if there's any fight left in me.

I think there is.

Roberta wrote:
I would tell my body and my genes to **** off, but it's my body and they're my genes, so they'd probably come back with something equally snappy and X rated.

You keep fighting, you're a ******* inspiration, and most of A2K is rooting for you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:24 pm
@Roberta,
I tend to think all this talk of fighting cancer is silly anyway. Dealing is the way to go....day by day. I hope the dog visit is a joy.

Do you have any idea as yet of the next lot of appointments etc? I hope the hell they can actually schedule them AND communicate that schedule to you effectively.

Does your wonderful social worker know?

Love beaming across to you. And pissed offness! enough already. Give the woman a break!!!!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:26 pm
@Roberta,
Thank god for dogs, I tell ya.

The deal is, I want you not to have any damned hospital delay stuff going on with this. Maybe there could be ombudsman help if they pull the appointment mishugas (I always misspell, it keeps people on their toes) again?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:19 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I tend to think all this talk of fighting cancer is silly anyway. Dealing is the way to go....day by day.

deb, My pragmatic view as well.

I have the test appointment. Date, time, and place.

I have an appointment with the thoracic surgeon, but I'm gonna reschedule it for after the test. I got a big hello when I went into the Cancer Clinic to make the appointment.

I was talking with a dear friend (semiotterly--remember her?) I mentioned that my apartment is clean, I'm now in a book group, my big bills are being paid (I still have trouble with the day to day stuff), I have a clothing allowance (my pants are falling down), and I've got two dogs who love me and come to visit me. Things could be woise, and have been.

This doesn't mean that I won't kvetch.
Eva

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:23 pm
@Roberta,
Well, ****.

I hated to read that, but not half as much as you must've hated writing it.

Damn, damn, damn.

OK, what's next on the agenda? More tests? Surgery? Radiation? Chemo?

(Edit: We cross-posted. So it's another test. What & when?)
Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:45 pm
@Eva,
Eva, Good to see you, **** or no ****.

The test is on August 19. It's a breathing test. They need to determine my lung capacity before they go lopping off parts of my lung.

The surgery would entail either their cutting a wedge out of my lung or cutting out the whole top lobe. I would probably not need chemo or radiation.

If they can't do the surgery, then chemo or radiation may be the answer. (I'd rather have the surgery.)

This was caught very early. It hasn't spread or been terribly active.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:49 pm
@Roberta,
Following along and hoping for the best outcome.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:58 pm
@Roberta,
I'm SO glad to hear they caught it very early!!! Yes, if it were me, I'd prefer the surgery, too. I'll keep my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you on the 19th.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:22 pm
@Roberta,
I noticed your place looked good!!!!!!

What is your book group reading?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:23 pm
@Roberta,
Totally get you preferring surgery. Not that it's any picnic in the park!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:28 pm
Long time fond of semi-otterly here..

glad re some of the new comments - especially the one re early, Robbie, and the one re location. And the help happening. Friday's not far away. Good dogs..
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:40 pm
@Roberta,
Feh, at the news, Roberta. But it is what it is, so take it one step at a time. You have a lot of support here to help you field this latest curve ball--although I wish that pitcher would stop throwing them your way.

I'm so glad you have the dogs to bring a window of serenity into your life now.

0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 08:21 pm
Oh ****!
Deb told me.
Fingers crossed
0 Replies