Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 11:36 am
@Thomas,
Mercy bow coo, Thomas, for the info. I'll be seeing the doctor soon.
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 04:10 pm
@Roberta,
The end is waving at you as we speak! Of the thousand page editing job.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 08:47 am
@Roberta,
How be thee Boida?

are you nearly there?

love you goil x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 08:56 am
@Roberta,
Oops, poor assumption on my part then.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 04:20 am
So I finished editing one book--not the big. This one was only 300 pages.

Sent it in. Now I gotta wait to get paid.

There's a good chance that I'll finish the big one later today.

Not feeling right. Steroids? Heat? Gotta see an internist, the throat docs, the endo doc, etc. Have some appointments; gotta make others.

Gonna take the weekend off. Then I have a mountain of stuff to do of a nonwork nature. Blech.

I hate gottas. It seems that life is filled with them.

Izzie

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 05:21 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Not feeling right. Steroids? Heat? Gotta see an internist, the throat docs, the endo doc, etc. Have some appointments; gotta make others.

Hey Boida...

gotta just take one step at a time goil. Glad you've got one book done and close to finishing t'other and yes, take the weekend to gather yourself and try and take some of the pressure off those shoulders.

When you get given the editing work - is it always hard copies, or do you get any electronically?

What dose of prednisone are you on?

Sorry, questions, I'm on a processing roll at the moment.

Love you Boida x

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 01:00 pm
@Izzie,
Iz, All editing is done on the computer. I can't remember when I worked on hard copy.

I'm on a graduated dose of prednisone. Down to 20 mg a day.

No need to apologize for questions.
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 08:45 pm
@Roberta,
So...Heute how's mit du?
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 09:31 pm
@dlowan,
Not great.

Running a low-grade fever, which may be a side effect of the prednisone. It comes and goes. Don't think it's connected to the fact that it's been over 100 degrees for a few days.

I think I'm just plain tired. Almost done with the BOOK.

Gonna rest and relax for a few days and then see how I feel.

Hate the heat. I'm a winter kid. Must be the Russian in my genes.

I could go for a lake right now. Paddling around. Sitting on the shore under a tree on some grass. A mechiah.

And how's by you, bunny?
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 05:23 am
I finished the damned thousand page book.

Now the question is, when will I be paid? (The project is farmed out to a company in India. Never mind that I'm being underpaid for the work.) I'm guessing I might see a check by Labor Day. Or maybe Thanksgiving.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 05:46 am
@Roberta,
YEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Here's to faaaaast payment.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 05:48 am
@Roberta,
Well done, Roberta!
Now for some much needed rest.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 06:51 am
@Roberta,
Congratulations!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Running a low-grade fever, which may be a side effect of the prednisone. It comes and goes. Don't think it's connected to the fact that it's been over 100 degrees for a few days.

Hey Goil

hmmm... I'm not sure if the pred would give you a fever per se (as opposed to hot flashes), as you say, it comes and goes... but your immune system is compromised from being on pred, so this could be a residual fever from the tummy bug / reaction the other day. You will be more likely to get infection being on the steroids and on the dosage you are. The sooner they can gradually lower the dose, the better - however, as I said before, there is a weighing up of options. If the breathing is easier - then, for you it may be better to be taking the higher dose. Any reduction in dosage must be very gradual depending on the time you have been on them.

Please do discuss the low grade fever with the internist. A quick blood test (ESR or PV) could determine any infection in your body which could be giving you the fever, should it continue. The doctor should be able to clarify if this could be a result of the pred.

However, from my experience and when I was living in CA - the steroids I was on, at 30mg, did result in hot flushes etc. I also notice a difference when I have IVsteroids - not so much with IMinjections tho.

Being in temps of 100 deg is going to effect you - please, do drink plenty of water so you are constantly flushing your system and putting fluids in. In those temps, you must drink plenty.

As a matter of interest - are you having regular kidney analysis checks! (wee checks)? PM me if you don't wanna talk about this out loud.

There are so many side effects to steroids - but sometimes the benefits outweigh the side effects. I know you know this already. Just part of my thought process as time goes on.

Thinking of you. Hoping you are having a well deserved rest this weekend. I am so glad for you that the darned 1000 pager is DONE and DUSTED. Do hope the payment comes through quickly.

Love you goil x
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
@Roberta,
Now that monstrous marathon is over with, how are you handling the horrible weather Roberta?
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:30 pm
@Izzie,
Foist, Thanks for the congratulations. I desoive them. The book was a killer--500 tables.

Izzie, I looked prednisone up on google. Fever is a side effect. But what you say makes sense. I have no idea when I'll be able to get an appointment with an internist. I'll mention this to the asthma doc and see what happens.

I'm down to 10 mg a day. Hardly a big dose. Still breathing.

My kidneys are checked regularly.

As for water--stand back! Unfortunately for you, one too many people (here and from afar) are telling me to drink water. I drink water. I carry a water bottle around 24/7/365 because of the dry mouth.

I'M DRINKING WATER. The NYC reservoir is being tapped out from all the water I'm drinking. It's a good thing we've had a lot of rain.

My plants are also getting sufficient H2O.

Sorry. Lost my cool. Hell, there ain't no cool to lose.

The temperature plummeted to 95 degrees today (down from 103).

My fans are running. I'm OK--except for when I'm not.

I'm gonna venture out tomorrow. Running low on key supplies.

Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsar, Oops. Missed your message. Busy yelling about water.

I'm using fans, drinking water, and generally languishing in the heat.

Are you still doing all that walking in this heat. Or have you opted for public transport until things cool down?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:34 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm gonna venture out tomorrow.

don't forget to take some water.

ok ok ok... sorry, couldn't help myself then Razz

so so glad the tables are done - nightmare job, but hopefully they'll pay up quick. Hope you treat yourself tomorrow - you deserve it.

(sends cooling breezes across the poind - gentle hugs) x
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:26 pm
@Izzie,
Izzele,

I'll take the steenkin' water. Evil or Very Mad

And I'll take a cool breeze (not that I remember what one feels like) from wherever.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
Back from Bellevue. Had my annual post-endometrial cancer checkup. I'll have the results soon.

Unbelievable traffic mess on the way down. The taxi fare was twice the usual amount.

For further aggravational details of my day, see

http://able2know.org/topic/174360-5#post-4681011