Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:39 pm
Back from Bellevue. Had my very last session with the art therapist. Got a lot ouf of that therapy.

I have two more session with my regular therapist. Then I'm done.

Certifiably sane. Oh, the ignominy.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:52 pm
@Roberta,
Cripes.
dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:39 pm
@Roberta,
Sane or not I'm sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Oops, my 'cripes' was about the traffic mess, not your sanity, Roberta.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:54 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Certifiably sane.

Well of course, Roberta.
Everyone know you are!

I'm sorry to hear that your therapy sessions will soon be a thing of the past, though.
You've talked so much about the art therapy, which you've clearly enjoyed & benefited from a lot.
A real shame you can't continue.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:31 pm
The progression of pictures I drew is a revelation.

Today I felt tall. Drew one picture in two parts. The first was a representation of what started me feeling tall. I was in an elevator with a bunch of people who were all shorter than me. I was able to look from one side of the elevator to the other without anyone's head getting in the way. This reminded me of when I was a child and was always the tallest girl. I liked that feeling.

The next thing I knew I drew a picture of a tall child (me) in a circle formed by little kids (like ring around the rosy or the farmer in the dell). Where did this come from? Not sure. What did it suggest? That I wasn't just taller, but that I stood out in other ways. I was in the middle--the center. I was the leader. True when I was a child.

I'm gonna miss these surprises--coming from my own head. I'm hoping that I don't stop forming images to analyze things. Woids ain't everything.

I also got an analysis from my therapist about my progression and how I managed to get to where I am. More revelations.

I love dem light bulb moments.
Izzie

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:46 pm
@Roberta,
(((((Boida)))))

you.are.just.brilliant.

time to fly - soar high.

massive RESPECT - love you goil x

ps... sane... hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhhahhhaahaa - are any of us completely... Wink
Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 12:50 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

ps... sane... hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhhahhhaahaa - are any of us completely... Wink

Never was. Never will be. But I'm coping better.
dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 02:19 am
@Roberta,
Damn Fine Thing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:09 pm
@Roberta,
You're amazing Boida, no no, you amaze me ! Love you goil, g'nite. x

<would love to see you artwork if it's not too personal to share>

x
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 03:35 am
@Izzie,
Iz, I don't have the pictures, and I won't be seeing the therapist again. I suppose I could get them if I hollered.

Sorry.
Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 03:20 pm
@Roberta,
Back from Bellevue. My next to the last visit with my therapist. (The art therapist is gone). I regressed. Turns out that's a fairly common occurrence for people who are finishing up. Now I have to return to being a semiresponsible adult. Feh.
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 05:50 pm
@Roberta,
Feh indeed.

A little kvetch would maybe help....and chicken soup.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:43 pm
Back from Bellevue. Saw the asthma doc. She's gonna wean me off the steroids. But she gave me a prescription for emergencies. My peak breathing level hasn't declined. And with some Albuterol and a spacer (you were right, bunny), I'm able to get around without panting.

Manana the endocrine doc. I was supposed to have had a zillion tests for this visit. Going anyway. Long story (on the Kvetch thread).

And next week the throat docs again.

Am I having fun or what?
Izzie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:49 pm
@Roberta,
I hope you'll be weaned slowly! I'm sure you will and I'm glad you've got the rx for emergencies.

Tiring, all those appointments...

How's the work schedule?

(((((Boida)))))x
Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:12 pm
@Izzie,
Got a new editing project today after two weeks with nothing. I'm spoiled. But I need the money.

I'm doing a job for the company in India that works for the company I work for in NY. Did you follow that? I'll draw you a map.

Gotta get myself in gear.
Izzie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:19 pm
@Roberta,
Ha, you just made me chuckle. So glad some work is coming thru.

Is your last session with the therapist on Friday?

I was thinking about the regression - I can equate that to your comfort blanket being drawn away (no pun intended) - it seems sad that for something that was so hugely beneficial for you, is now weaned away too... I know, we've talked about the ridiculousness of taking away counselling and all is then miraculously OK.... NOT!!!

We're here whenever we can help and tho we couldn't interpret - well, you are the best interpretor - but if you can scan and post in the future, that may help you wean off a bit... even privately if you'd be more comfortable.

Expression, in whichever form, has got to be better than "bottling"

Love you goil. xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. x <can you growl a little and put in a snarl to see if he can send you down a corridor to get them to do the tests whilst you're there? Not sure if this is just bloods or other - but mebbe he could pull rank!!!
dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:40 pm
@Roberta,
I'm with you. Hope they pay BIG!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 10:01 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, I already had my last session with the art therapist. My last session with the regular therapist is a few weeks away. She's on vacation.

I'm sufficiently knowledgeable about me to know that my regression was partly deliberate. I'll show them! I'm still needy. Fact is my need is only partially for the therapy. Part of it is for human contact. Often my therapist is the only person I talk to face to face for weeks on end.

I'm supposed to try to meet new people.

Right now my primary concern is making enough money to live on.

I'm sick and tired of worrying about money. Health too.

BTW, I could have had the tests today when I was at the hospital. Perntless. It takes a week for them to be processed. So having the tests tomorrow wouldn't help for my appointment tomorrow.

You can't actually believe that a test would be done and analyzed on the same day. Silly goil.

Not gonna start working tonight. I had only two hours of sleep, and I don't trust myself to edit when I'm this tired. I especially don't trust myself to start a project when I'm tired. Too many decisions to make at the beginning.

Manana is soon enough for me.

Manana: endo doc, dinner with cousin (not Howie), start new job.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 12:57 am
Back from Bellevue earlier today. New endocrinologist.

I have to have a special test at least a month after I finish the steroids. Why? Dunno. Shoulda asked.

Nothing much to report.

Enjoyed dinner with my cousin. She's a good kid.