No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:07 pm
yes, he should, hypocritical bastard.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:43 pm
I am waiting for him to claim that he was merely signaling a lack of toilet tissue.

Looking at Sen. Vitter, I guess the feeling these days is "so what." I imagine that this super-conservative's constituents are reeling.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:45 pm
Many will say that Craig should resign. But his crime is so insignificant to those of Bush, which include lying us into a war costing hundreds of thousands of casualties, untold treasury, etc.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:33 pm
No, I think who he solicits is his own business assuming he's not paying for it. On the other hand, I think he needs to explain his positions regarding gay rights in light of the revelation that he is gay or bi. If I lived in Idaho, that's what I would ask for.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:23 pm
Craig will blame the incident on the evils of homosexuality and alcohol. Further, he will claim that he found Jesus (although few knew he was lost).
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:36 pm
I am beginning to believe that the whole damn bunch of corrupt clowns that now people congress should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. In addition the moron who now occupies the oval office should be at the head of the line. We do not need a change we need an upheaval.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:37 pm
Quote:
"I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."

In other words, he hoped that by pleading guilty it would all be kept quiet and nothing more would be said. Now that it is on the front page, he wants to change his mind.

Looks like he's had various allegations of sexual misconduct going back to the 1980's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:44 pm
Thanks for the Wiki cite. It included the following, which supports the charge of hypocrisy.

The American Conservative Union gave Craig's 2005 voting record 96 points out of 100. Americans for Democratic Action gave him 15. Considered a social conservative, Craig has long been an advocate of adoption. Craig supported the Federal Marriage Amendment, which barred extention of rights to same-sex couples; he voted for cloture on the amendment in both 2004 and 2006. Craig voted against cloture on a in 2002 which would have extended the federal definition of hate crimes to cover sexual orientation.[15] (This was later passed in the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007).
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:06 pm
I just heard his vehement denial of his homosexuality on NPR. Now I think he should resign.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:03 pm
He shouldn't resign for cruising in the men's room.

http://static.firedoglake.com/2007/08/craig.thumbnail.jpg
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:50 pm
nope.

what a man does in minneapolis stays in minneapolis.

while it really is fun to afflict hypocrites with public reprobation larry craig did not hurt anybody or stole from anyone.

if he is what i consider him to be, an anguished and tortured man with homosexual proclivaties who has spent a lifetime pushing down his sexual urges he has suffered at his own hand more than anything anyone else could do to him.

leave the poor guy alone.

i think he should remain in the senate speaking for his vision of a conservative world, but they should make him go to the bathroom outside, just in case.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:56 pm
I agree with Kuvasz. Craig didn't rape anyone or attack anyone. Granted he was showing exceptionally poor personal judgement and he's probably a five-star hypocrite, but he's not a danger to the public or to the electorate.

I'd hope that someone would warn the Senate pages that Craig was interested in male dalliance, but this alert could be informal.

If the man continues to insult my intelligence with flimsy explanations, I might change my mind.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:04 pm
He shouldn't resign for cruising the men's room, he should resign for blaming his guilty plea on an Idaho newspaper and not taking responsibility for his own actions.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:05 pm
"Thank you all for... coming out ...today..."

Did he REALLY start his speech that way?

Yep!

Who is advising this guy?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:06 pm
He's a tragic lost soul. Since he was cruising for a grown-up I can't condemn him for that. He deserves to be condemned for being a hypocrite, even if it's not a crime. I think his own party will stick the knife in him eventually and he will feel the need to spend more time with his family.

So am I the only one who didn't know you tap your right foot if you want lewd sex? Did I miss that lesson the day it was taught in Street School? What must people think of me while I'm waiting on long grocery lines tapping away Embarrassed .
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:17 pm
Green Witch wrote:
So am I the only one who didn't know you tap your right foot if you want lewd sex? Did I miss that lesson the day it was taught in Street School? What must people think of me while I'm waiting on long grocery lines tapping away Embarrassed .

Actually its a bit more complicated than that...um, so I've heard.

More like....

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around

That what it's all about.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:30 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I'd hope that someone would warn the Senate pages that Craig was interested in male dalliance, but this alert could be informal.

I suspect they already know.

Quote:
"Over five months, the Statesman examined rumors about Craig dating to his college days and his 1982 pre-emptive denial that he had sex with underage congressional pages. The most serious finding by the Statesman was the report by a professional man with close ties to Republican officials. The 40-year-old man reported having oral sex with Craig at Washington's Union Station, probably in 2004. The Statesman also spoke with a man who said Craig made a sexual advance toward him at the University of Idaho in 1967 and a man who said Craig "cruised" him for sex in 1994 at the REI store in Boise. The Statesman also explored dozens of allegations that proved untrue, unclear, or unverifiable."

The pages usually know what's what. They just 'know' not to talk about it publicly. They've got their own future careers to protect.

In my hometown, back in the 1970's, we knew which young gay men were going to Ottawa and Toronto to work for a couple of local gay politicos long before (decades before) anyone "came out". It just wasn't something you talked to grown-ups about.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:30 pm
engineer wrote:
He shouldn't resign for cruising the men's room, he should resign for blaming his guilty plea on an Idaho newspaper and not taking responsibility for his own actions.

Except that he is lying and covering up a private matter. (Had he actually performed sex in the toilet that would be another matter) The guy needs help dealing with his repression and shame.

I have nothing but compassion for him, the guy is going through hell. OTOH he is the worst kind of hypocrite and karma caught up with him.

I have said it time and time again, most anti-gay males are repressed homosexuals.

Oh, Larry began his denial speech by saying "Thank you all for coming out today!" Smile Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:34 pm
kuvasz wrote:

Actually its a bit more complicated than that...um, so I've heard.

More like....

You put your right foot out,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around

That what it's all about.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies