The Police Murdered Him

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:55 am
Of course he/they should have done that. Cuffed hand and foot, why the need for tasers? The cops should have left the room until he calmed down. That's just common sense.

Yes, cops have a hard job, but you have to use good judgement, and it appears it was lacking in this case. I suspect many cops become brutalized through working with certain segments of society, much like prison guards. After a while, you often can't tell the difference between the two.

Of course, we don't know the whole story - will we ever?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:36 pm
Linkat wrote:
Miller wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Kicking with both feet is very difficult to do while standing. And if he's not standing, where is the threat?

If the police put cuffs on his wrists and ankles I'd think the man was on the floor.

Couldn't the police officers simply stepped out of the reach of his kicking legs seeing he was on the floor?

And how were the Police supposed to get the man into the squad car?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:41 pm
Police on Cops carry folks out all the time when they're cuffed hand and foot and still struggling.

Of course, they're being filmed....

Part of the tasering slap-happiness is that they've got this new toy they've just got to try out, I think.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:44 pm
Mame wrote:

Yes, cops have a hard job, but you have to use good judgement, and it appears it was lacking in this case.

I don't know if good judgement was lacking in this case or not, as I wasn't in the home, when the man was being arrested.

Neither you, nor I know the mental or the physical capabilites of the man being arrested. Likewise neither your nor I know anything about this person's physical or mental health, isssues that are important to any cop trying to make an arrest.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:09 pm
Plus you don't know what drugs he's on. Some give super human strength.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:58 pm
So they managed to get the cuffs on despite his super-human strength then had to taser him because he was too dangerous once he was cuffed.

Am I getting this right?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 02:06 pm
Miller wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Miller wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Kicking with both feet is very difficult to do while standing. And if he's not standing, where is the threat?

If the police put cuffs on his wrists and ankles I'd think the man was on the floor.

Couldn't the police officers simply stepped out of the reach of his kicking legs seeing he was on the floor?

Wait until he stopped kicking. Then drag him to the car - if he starts kicking again, drop him until he stops again. I guess being impatient is a good reason to taser some one until they die.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 02:09 pm
DrewDad wrote:
So they managed to get the cuffs on despite his super-human strength then had to taser him because he was too dangerous once he was cuffed.

Am I getting this right?

Bodily fluids and bites could be a major concern. But as I've said, I wasn't in the room at the time.

I remember once, in a hospital, when a patient handcuffed ( or restrained ) managed to slide himself out of the bed and remain slightly elevated above the floor. An RN rushed to put the man back in bed, at which time the patient bit the RN on the arm.

The patient was hepatitis (+) at the time. I don't know what his HIV status was.
0 Replies

Xenoche

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:28 am
Miller wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Am I getting this right?

Bodily fluids and bites could be a major concern. But as I've said, I wasn't in the room at the time.

I remember once, in a hospital, when a patient handcuffed ( or restrained ) managed to slide himself out of the bed and remain slightly elevated above the floor. An RN rushed to put the man back in bed, at which time the patient bit the RN on the arm.

The patient was hepatitis (+) at the time. I don't know what his HIV status was.

What the heck? Shocked

Are you suggesting the RN should of called the police instead and had the patient tazered to death?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:34 am
http://i19.tinypic.com/4xwc57k.jpg
Sun-Times, August 8 2007, page 6

Related article online: Jackson to mayor: Meet victim's mother
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:57 am
There are some (some) cops who get off to tasering people. They always managed before the taser, why not now?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:19 am
Tasering is the lazy way to take care of business. Like the cops who tasered a 65 lb. girl a couple of years ago.

I was wondering who'd get to Miss Lula first. Rev. Jesse or Rev. Sharpton who, I understand, was actually in Chicago last weekend for some type of summit. I guess they've got a turf agreement of some kind. Rolling Eyes

In all honesty, I'm not opposed to either one helping her manuever through the **** that the CPD will throw her way once charges are filed. You haven't quite lived until you've been shut down and steamrolled by a big city police department.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:48 am
eoe wrote:
I was wondering who'd get to Miss Lula first. Rev. Jesse or Rev. Sharpton who, I understand, was actually in Chicago last weekend for some type of summit. I guess they've got a turf agreement of some kind. Rolling Eyes

In all honesty, I'm not opposed to either one helping her manuever through the **** that the CPD will throw her way once charges are filed. You haven't quite lived until you've been shut down and steamrolled by a big city police department.

I wondered the same thing, eoe. I'm not a bit surprised that it's the Prince of Photo Ops. I agree with you though that she should have the support of those who can help her, but what charges are being filed?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:56 am
Which charges should be filed? Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:57 am
cjhsa wrote:
Plus you don't know what drugs he's on. Some give super human strength.

Yes ,they do.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:58 am
DrewDad wrote:

Am I getting this right?

Please read all the posts.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:00 am
Linkat wrote:
Miller wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Miller wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Wait until he stopped kicking. Then drag him to the car - if he starts kicking again, drop him until he stops again. I guess being impatient is a good reason to taser some one until they die.

Kicking isn't the only issue. What about a human bite or spit in the face ( from a drug addict)?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:02 am
edgarblythe wrote:
There are some (some) cops who get off to tasering people. They always managed before the taser, why not now?

In criminal law, we always managed without DNA analysis, why NOW?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:03 am
Xenoche wrote:
Miller wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Am I getting this right?

What the heck? Shocked

Are you suggesting the RN should of called the police instead and had the patient tazered to death?

You missed the obvious point. Please re-read post.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:04 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
http://i19.tinypic.com/4xwc57k.jpg
Sun-Times, August 8 2007, page 6

Related article online: Jackson to mayor: Meet victim's mother

While old Jesse's praying, perhapes he could send a few of his "prayers' to the trapped Utah miners. Cool Cool
0 Replies