The Police Murdered Him

JPB

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 12:02 pm
No you're not, eoe. You're letting it out. I'm sorry this happened and doubly sorry it hits close to your heart.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 05:12 am
Chicago Tribune: page 7 http://i13.tinypic.com/62n89qc.jpg

Victim's family faults cops for using Taser

Sun-Times: Accusations fly in stun-gun case

Page 3:http://i11.tinypic.com/53kh4s9.jpg

Police adding more Tasers to arsenal
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:46 am
So sorry and how horrible.

I just don't understand - if some one has cuffs on his hands and ankles how can they be resisting arrest whether in the squad car or in her home?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:08 am
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:23 am
one day people will get it, power corrupts, and police have exactly that, power.

Power to take life.
Power to take property.

And the power to get away with it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:42 am
What's the world without the police, tho?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:43 am
It's all more than just a bit mysterious ..

Quote:
A family member had called 911, saying Johnson was breaking mirrors and damaging property, according to police spokeswoman Monique Bond. But Johnson's mother says her daughter called police because she wanted Gefery out of his room -- where he was holed up -- and out of the house.
... ... ...
Gefery Johnson moved back home July 31 after three months in jail on an aggravated battery charge. Last year, he attacked his sister and aunt. He was high then and no one was injured, his mother said. Police say he has been arrested 23 times on charges including drug possession, assault and domestic battery.

His sister and aunt had filed orders of protection against him, his mother said, while police say it was Lula Johnson and the sister. He violated one of those orders in March, police said.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:50 am
All of that, IMO, is inconsequential, Walter. Bottom line, Miss Lula let Gefery back in the house, restraining order be damned, Geff started his usual ****, his sister called the police to have him removed from the house and things got out of hand. What I gather from the story is one officer was trying to handle things peacefully but the other officer got impatient. Good cop/bad cop. The usual game they play.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:52 am
eoe wrote:
What's the world without the police, tho?

People defending themselves without having to rely on a supreme authority to grant power to a select few?

just a guess.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:53 am
Oh. You want to go back to the wild, wild west?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:54 am
Oh eoe, how horrible. I'm so sorry.

Something like that happened here not too long ago: A family called for help because their 17 year old son was high and making threats. The police shot him dead in his front yard.

It's heartbreaking when these things happen. No matter the history, no matter the drugs, no matter the jail time served, people want help but they never want their child dead and they blame themselves for calling the police.

My condolences to Miss Lula and her family.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
eoe wrote:
All of that, IMO, is inconsequential, Walter. Bottom line, Miss Lula let Gefery back in the house, restraining order be damned, Geff started his usual ****, his sister called the police to have him removed from the house and things got out of hand. What I gather from the story is one officer was trying to handle things peacefully but the other officer got impatient. Good cop/bad cop. The usual game they play.

Can be so. Or just one really was nicer and more patient, his colleague not.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:02 am
This death wasn't a Classic Suicide By Cop, but the damage to Gefery's body from years of recreational drug use may have contributed to his death.

His mother must be having a major case of the "What Ifs". What if I hadn't called the police? What if I'd been more understanding when Gefery was a child? What if....

My heart aches for her.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:16 am
yeah im sure needing armed para military groups to protect us from terror
is evidence of our advanced society. Please, its only been a few hundred years since the wild west, and i bet back then POLICE HAD MORE THAN POWER, THEY HAD RESPECT. THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES ACTUALLY PROTECTING PEOPLE FROM HARM, NOT JUST EXTRACTING MONEY THROUGH EXTORTION LIKE TACTICS.

Thanks for proving a point though Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:23 am
OGIONIK, I know this is an open forum and it might not be my place to say, but eoe is grieving the loss of her friend. I don't think this is the proper thread for you to air your distrust of the police.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:54 am
It's cool, Boomer. That's all a part of it, really. I got my seventeen year old ass kicked for resisting a Chicago police officer's sexual advances at a high school football game many, many years ago. Please. Don't get ME started on the police. I just thank God that the bastard didn't have a Taser back then to use on my smart ass.

My aunt, who's on her way to Chicago now, is afraid that this is going to kill Miss Lula. She hasn't been well at all. My thinking is, she might be just outraged enough to survive it but I am worried about her too. And his sister Candy (Karen), who was actually the one to make the call to the police.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 10:02 am
Okay then. I apologize to you and OGIONIK.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 10:04 am
No apology necessary, my friend. I appreciate your concern.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 10:06 am
I am so sorry, eoe.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 10:06 am
Thank you.
0 Replies