Ladies, your thoughts on hysterectomy, please

roger

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 09:29 pm
No, Ursula, the dishes do not have to be done tomorrow. If he can't handle dishwashing, he can take you out - breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 10:30 pm
Yes, urs, let bigdice pamper you - just the way you deserve it! Very Happy

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/79/68/22576879.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:43 am
These pictures look very good, girls! I will pass the idea on Laughing

Roger, no taking out at the moment. I am not moving farther away from my sofa than to the kitchen or the bedroom. But BigDice did the dishes this morning, went shopping and will cook dinner for me tonight. No complaints!

I already feel pretty useless just hanging around not doing anything. That's tough! And what is also bad - if I talk too much on the phone I am in more pain. Not fair!!!!!!

BigDice says hi. He is also allowed to relax a bit and watch some TV.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:50 am
I also got my 'sick note' from my doctor today. I will stay home until February 1 and have a doctor's appointment on that day for the next examination.

Somebody mentioned a visit to a spa earlier. And yes, we will do that. In December I won a weekend at a nice hotel not far away. We had kind of a 'health' competition at work and I won the grand prize! Two nights for two people, a 5 course candlelight dinner, a 4 course dinner, massage, facial... Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:54 am
Quote:
I already feel pretty useless just hanging around not doing anything.

that sounds pretty good !
nothing wrong with "just hanging around" once in a while - i ought to know ; i've become an expert at it Shocked Very Happy
all the best, urs !

it's getting colder here again - high of MINUS 15 forecast for the weekend - snowing right now - so i have plenty of "just hanging around" to do (though i just finished vacuuming the house :wink: ) .
hbg

just hanging around !

http://www.davinciinstitute.com/new/admin/content/FCKeditor/uploads/CoatHangerCat.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:56 am
Hey, that's Nisse! Surprised

Thanks, Hamburger, I intend to learn from Nisse and Mysan, the masters of relaxation. But still.... Confused
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 12:06 pm
hi , urs !

the pix is labelled "Antigravity Cat." !

glad you liked it !
hbg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:48 pm
Urs--

The only time housework looks attractive is when houseworki forbidden. You'll survive.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 08:00 pm
Good to hear that you are gettting the rest you need. I'll let BD off the hook, then Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:24 pm
Update - I have been working for two weeks now and I am slowly getting used to being around people again. The first week at work caused some minor pain in my belly. Sitting at a desk is a lot more exhausting than I thought.

The second week was better - no pains. But I still get tired easily and cannot concentrate like I usually can. And what's very scary - I forget so many things! I can't remember names and of course I have no idea what the PIN code of my bank card is. So I was standing in the supermarket with not enough cash and my brain was a black hole! I had to leave the full shopping cart there at the cashier's and go home to get money. Well, well, well...

I went out a couple of times in the evening this last week. I am good for about two hours. Then I have to go home because all I hear are half sentences. So this weekend is a quiet one!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:28 pm
I know the "forgetful" stage (actually, may still be in it Confused )

It will get easier Urs. Just take the time you need - it will come in waves too - some weeks will be easier than others. Enjoy the quiet whilst you can.

Take care girl. Smile

Izzie x
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:34 pm
Thanks, Izzie! I thought that after a couple of weeks everything would be back to normal. As you can see I have no experience at all with surgery... Now I know better Rolling Eyes

But I am really lucky. I can leave early from work if I feel like it. My husband is so sweet and caring. My friends are great. And I have all of you here at a2k. And now I will open a small bottle of sparkling wine and will make myself a nice Saturday evening dinner. Cheers!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:46 pm
Cheers Urs

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6003/glassso0.jpg

Enjoy your quiet time. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 02:31 pm
Urs--

Major surgery is major surgery. Anesthesia does things to brains--usually temporary things, but all the same, brains are so personal!

This too shall pass--but count on some embarrassing moments until you're over the blue horizon.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:55 pm
Monday coming up Urs.... now remember what we've said to one another in our posts ....

"take it easy girl" Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
I went home from work at 4 pm today, took a nap on the sofa, went out to dinner with BigDice, dropped BigDice off at our favourite bar, went home to feed the cats and get ready for bed, read a little... Taking it easy, ey?

No plans for tomorrow! Plans for Wednesday and Thursday evening, though. But it's my birthday this week... Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
And you Izzie, taking it easy? I do hope...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:36 pm
Oh Urs girl - when is your birthday? Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:39 pm
Hope you like chocolate, dear Urs. If not, substitution is allowed.

Happy Birthday to you!!

http://en.summer.pitztaler-gletscher.at/static/cms/pitztal/bilder/kuchen_500.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:39 pm
Wednesday, Izzie. We will go out for dinner with my sister and her family and my parents (parents - difficult subject...). On Thursday I will go to watch TAO - the Japanese drummers and I am really looking forward to that. I love Japanese drummers.

How are you doing, Izzie? I just read your other thread...
0 Replies