Ladies, your thoughts on hysterectomy, please

Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:46 pm
Hey Urs

I do hope you have a lovely birthday. Just make sure they all remember it's YOUR day, and all other problems they can put to the side. Most important thing is, you enjoy your evening out. Smile

(I'm doing OK thanku - chin up - still smiling - no worries Smile )
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:59 pm
I will remember that, Izzie. Good night for now! I am off to bed...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 04:13 pm
Rest well Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 08:47 am
Urs--

Happy birthday, womb-less woman.

Don't you find you have more room in your new life?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:52 am
Noddy, I didn't think about it while I was on the pill. But after so many years it is great that I don't have to take a pill every single day. And no thoughts about having my period. How great is that????? Ok, my girlfriends get a bit tired about hearing this Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
IT IS SO GREAT!

I have an oest implant in my tummy once a year (I was on steroids for many years with the Rheum/Lupus so need to have bone density monitored - hence - have oest implant each year).

It's so great. ( 8+years of no monthlys - if I get crabby - it's just coz I wanna be crabby! No reasons required for anyone!) Laughing

Wombless Woman Smiles Big Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 03:23 pm
Once upon a time ('40's and '50's) menopause hormonal mood swings were attributed to women mourning the end of their True Womanhood.

Women have gained in rationality in the last 50-60 years--or perhaps it is the male researchers who have seen the light and improved their mind.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 03:33 pm
Noddy, I think a big part is due to male researchers improving their mind and more female researchers at work.

What's an oest implant, Izzie?

I am not missing a thing! And the tattoo to celebrate will be done on March 27! Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 05:36 pm
urs53 wrote:

But it's my birthday this week... Smile

From Dartmoor and Chez Izzie - I wish you a very Happy Birthday (25 minutes early but just in case you go to bed) - for the next 24 hours - enjoy your day dear lady.

Happy Birthday

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2264/piratecakezp8.jpg

Izzie x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 05:42 pm
urs53 wrote:

What's an oest implant, Izzie?

HRT! I have an annual (ish) oestrogen implant as I had the hyst. at the age of 34ish - (can't remember exactly when - but mid 30's). As I had been on steroids, which affects the bone denisty (osteoporosis in the future) and, due to my age, I was automatically given implants. Tiny little pellet in the tummy put in at the local surgery, inserted with this MASSIVE gun like horrible silver looking instrument (ooooh) - no worries!

It's so easy - don't have to think about anything.

How great is that? Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:27 am
Ah, that's interesting, Izzie. I have no idea what it is called in German...

And thank you for the birthday wishes.

I just got back from work. I admit I didn't really kill myself there today Very Happy One of my colleagues made an Oreo cookie cheesecake for me and it is good!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:46 am
Hey there Birthday Girl Very Happy

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5513/bdayvq7.jpg

Birthday Blessings

Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings,
As your birthday nears.

Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who've enriched your life
Just by being there.

Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

Wishing you lots of best wishes, a little rest before this evening's Birthday meal, and.... a big hug on your special day.

Enjoy your Oreo Cake Cake.

Say "Hey" to BigDice from me. Hope he's spoiling you today Smile

Love Izzie Smile

(HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:50 am
BigDice took the evening off so he can celebrate with me. Right now he is downstairs on the sofa. His hay fever is pretty bad and he is sneezing so loudly that the cats and I went upstairs Rolling Eyes Now I am trying to type while Nisse the cat is sitting in front of me, on the keyboard, on the computer mouse... Now he is trying to climb onto my shoulders. Hey, I am wearing my favourite cashmere sweater. Down!

I'll lie down a bit now, read or sleep. I will need some stamina for my family tonight. They are pretty noisy and we all talk a LOT!

Now, how to I enter this? Nisse is blocking the mouse again...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:37 am
Urs--

Hysterectomies don't solve all problems.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:03 pm
So true, Noddy!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 09:28 am
Almost three months have passed since my surgery. I lost some weight. I guess that's due to the fact that I am not on the pill anymore. And I am not sad about that - not being on the pill and loosing weight.

And last Thursday I got my tiger tattoo. It turned out great and I am very happy about it.

Right now, my belly hurts a little. Like almost everybody around me I have a bad cold and have been coughing for days. And I found out that it is really true what the doctor said. I should not lift heavy objects. The sofa is too heavy. Cases of mineral water are too heavy. Ok, I learned that.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 01:44 pm
Urs--

Coughing and weight lifting. You have your wild, abandoned moments, don't you.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 02:05 pm
Oh well, Noddy... BigDice was not happy with me. I am not allowed to lift heavy things, yes, yes.....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 02:47 pm
Urs--

After all, there wasn't anyone sitting on the sofa. Was there?
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 04:08 pm
urs53

I had a hysterectomy years ago and have never felt better. I was in pain all the time. I had my ovaries and tubes removed at Mayo Clinic.
The doctor removed my uterus a few years before my surgery at Mayo.
0 Replies