Ladies, your thoughts on hysterectomy, please

urs53

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 02:44 pm
No, Noddy, nobody sitting on the sofa Laughing

jodie, except for the small pains I have now I already think it is great! No cramps anymore, no bleeding - I feel so liberated.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 02:48 pm
Double posting...
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:13 pm
urs53

I am glad to hear you are doing better. The pain that you are having now does your doctor think it is just a part of the healing process? I remember after my surgery I also had some pain but it went away.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 02:37 pm
jodie, I am pretty sure it is due to the coughing. Two more weeks until my next doctor's appointment... But I am not worried.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 02:56 pm
I'm glad you're feeling good, urs, and yes, coughing can give you almost
a muscle spasm if you cough over a prolonged time period.

One of my girlfriends had a hysterectomy last year, and she lost good
20 lb. later on. I guess it's one "side effect" she welcomed as well.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:31 pm
It is a nice side effect, CJ. Before the surgery, some people said that you gain weight, others said you will loose weight. One girl said her sister gained a lot of weight and her friend got really skinny. It was like - pick one!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:58 pm
Hey Urs Very Happy

I still claim the "forgetful memory" syndrome.....

now...... what was I talking about! Shocked

Glad to hear you're doing good hun. Hey to BigDice. Hope he's stopped sneezing now! Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 03:08 pm
Oh good, Izzie, so I can keep doing that, too!

We have cold and rainy weather so BigDice's allergies are better. It is a dilemma - I want spring and sun and flowers - but then he sneezes! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 04:06 pm
Urs - Pollen free Spring flowers for you....

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9779/sunflowerangelye5.jpg

Tissues for BigDice

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4808/tissuesbo2.jpg

xx
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
Thanks, Izzie! That's very thoughtful! Laughing
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 05:10 pm
Oh Urs, I can't believe I missed your thread until now.

You have been through so much and I wish that my oooohms could have joined the other's, although whenever I think of you I always have good thoughts--of BigD too.

It was reassuring to hear of your brain not working properly for some time after the surgery. I was horrified at how mushy brained I was. One week after I got home, I started to actually feel my brain really working again. Naturally, at 65, it isn't as fast as it used to be, but at least it works!

It was nice to read all the loving posts and to know that you were also surrounded by loving friends and family at home. Isn't a2k great? How wonderful to have friends around the world rooting for you.

Big smooches and hugs for both of you.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Diane
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 05:17 pm
Hey Diane, don't worry - I know you are thinking of us!

It was really great to read all these posts. Stefan printed them and brought them to the hospital. It was wonderful! And how strange on the other hand - so-called friends who live right around the corner did not call, ask or visit... And people all over the world, who never met me, cared.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:04 pm
This Thursday it was exactly one year since my surgery. So I thought it's time to write a bit...

I am still doing great. I did re-gain the weight I lost after the surgery. Oh well... For not one second do I feel that I am not a complete woman anymore. To the contrary - now that I am not on the pill anymore I can feel my monthly cycle a lot stronger. But without the cramps and the bleeding! Yeah! Before my surgery, I already had sciatic pain. After the surgery my hip hurt terribly. It was actually the worst pain of all - except for the day of the surgery. The hip is almost back to normal, no pain, just a bit of a numb feeling in the skin. It was most likely caused by the way they twisted my body during surgery. I don't want to think about it... Rolling Eyes

But the sciatic pain came back after a while and it really hurt. So I went to some doctors who couldn't find anything. This finally brought me to a lady who I now call my miracle healer. She looked for the root cause of the pain, not in my body but in my soul. I have seen her twice now for 1.5 hours each time and I feel a lot better - concerning the pain and concerning my soul Smile

Sometimes I still have to be a bit careful carrying heavy things although my gynecologist says it's all back to normal. Sometimes it hurts a bit. But I do all the things I want to do. And I cannot tell you how great it is to make plans without looking at the calender, packing pain killers, tampons... All the pills I took all those years...

So - this is all I wanted to say... Very Happy
roger

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:48 pm
@urs53,
I'm in favor of whatever works. Glad you found your miracle healer, and everything worked out.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:37 pm
@urs53,
urs, I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I had that same experience with hip pain. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it. The pain went away, like you said, but the numbness lasted a long time. I always blamed all of the shots they gave me in the same spot.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:40 am
@roger,
Yes, roger, if it works I don't care how it works. As long as it does not involve sticking long needles into my body as the doctor suggested... shudder....

Swimpy, isn't it interesting how we forget the painful things? I tend to say that I had no pain after the surgery. But in reality, for a couple of days it hurt like everything inside my hip joint was being torn apart. I could hardly breathe.
Swimpy

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 12:18 pm
@urs53,
re: forgetting pain, I suppose it's a survival mechanism.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 12:34 pm
@urs53,
urs, when pain goes away, it is very liberating, isn't it?

I had excrutiating intestinal problems for a long time, and it was resolved, I felt a miracle had occurred.

I'm very very glad you don't have to be in pain any longer.

and I guess that's all I have to say. Wink
0 Replies