The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:13 am
Imagine waking up one morning, putting on yr favorite pair of jeans - only to discover that they no longer fit. Or standing in the shower, and looking down - to discover that yr toes have disappeared, yr paunch prevents you from seeing them. Or finding out that small kids take refuge under yr stomach from the sun or rain. Or discovering that you don't need a in-bed tray -you can balance yr cup of tea perfectly on yr paunch. Or how abt the time when yr favorite aunt pinched yr cheeks and commented that you are more chubby now than when you were born. Or yr swan like neck disappearing behind yr multiple chins ? Or when you ask someone for a date, he/she asks - which one of you wants to go out with me ?

Horror of all horrors, I have ssuddenlydiscovered that all of the above have come true for me - and the recent photos of the A2K London meet have shown me, in stark reality, what I had been refusing to see for quite sometime. I am fat !!!

I had been a fairly regular gym go-er. But like many of us, lost motivation, interest and my love for food and booze overtook my love for keeping myself fit. The result is for all to see (and in some cases loathe !!!)

So welcome to the first virtual A2K weight loss club !! Here we will motivate, encourage, chide, and reward all those who want our inner butterflies to emerge from the ccocoonof fat...(WOW, I surpassed myself here). We will provide inspiration to each other in our quest for aachievingbodies like Adonis (well, nearly, and I don;t'tknow the female equivalent of Adonis).

The rules of the game are simple

You need to post yr current weight/size (if you want to) on this thread.

You need to update this thread with your escapades (or lack of them) in the gym - sort of web log. If you don't go to the gym on an evening, you should have a legitimate excuse for it, else you will be (virtually) beaten up.

At the end of every one month, we statistically prove our progress by posting our current weight and size (sort of virtual name and shame )

The winner gets a $25 Amazon gift certificate from me for the first two months. I will be the judge and my decision will be final (concession will be given to good looking men who will promise to take me out on a date)

Ofcourse, (virtual) honesty is implied in this whole thing to work.

In case you don't want to post yr vital stats, then you will need to prove yr progress by telling us the %age loss in a month. (no. of inches/kgs lost)/no. of inches/kgs original) - that way we can judge progress without having TMI

So here is to beautiful bodies and many hours of sweaty fun in the gym (didn't someone say that sweat makes us more attractive to the opposite sex - that should be inspiration in itself)

The competition starts from tomorrow - 1st of April 2003.

(any questions/concerns - PM me)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 265,168 • Replies: 5,820
Topic Closed
No top replies

the prince

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:15 am
And it is only fair that I go first.

Weight 71 Kgs
Waist 32''
Chest 40''
Height 5'7''

Goal is to get back to my original shape

Weight 64 kgs
Waist 30''
Chest 41''
Height (well keep same hopefully)
0 Replies

pueo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:16 am
if anything i could stand to add a few pounds, but i'm here for virtual support.
0 Replies

margo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:43 am
Gautam, m'boy - did you see this???

Hiama started it in your absence - but it bears your name Razz
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5727&highlight=
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:43 am
Hey, webcam with verification by impartial observer! And if Slappy takes his cam in the shower I'm calling the whole thing off!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:16 am
OK, I'll take the challenge and give you the stats I know:

Height: 180cm (5'11")
Weight: 99.4kg (219lbs) - long term target weight 85kg (187lbs) but I'll start each 5kg as a new challenge.
Waist: Sometimes struggling to be OK with 36" trousers - aim to get to comfortable in 34".

Now for the exercise!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:26 am
I threw my back out yesterday :-) that means i don't have to exercise for a few days!!! but i have started the challenge without you, i lost 10 pounds from january and am going for another round of that. do i still qualify for virtual support?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:34 am
Let's just say that I have an abundance of gravity. Very Happy I am with you guys on this. Actually, I have been back at the gym for the last few weeks, and I am seeing differences.

What I do is walk to the gym (probably about 1- 1 1/2 miles. I spend 20 minutes on the treadmill, and do some weight training and machines after that. I walk home. Spend about 45 minutes total at the gym.

I used to use the treadmill at the highest elevation (you really burn calories that way, it's like walking uphill), but I found that it was not doing my lousy back any good.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:35 am
Yep. (Arms outstretched to offer Dagmar virtual support!)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:39 am
awww, so sweet. consider yourself lucky that the support your outstreched arms are offering is only virtual. but in a few months, if all goes well, i'll be floating around light as a feather, fit as a fiddle (although when i try to visualise a floating fiddle, dunno if its all that appealing)
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:44 am
LOL!

Well, I am in no competition, but I want to encourage myself to get back into regular exercise - so - walked yesterday and the day before - not today!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:48 am
Since November, I've lost twenty three pounds and I have 37 pounds to go. Thus far my support has been from

http://www.hungerfighters.com/

Inspirational thoughts: You know all of the toxic wastes that accumulate in fatty fish? Pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals and other toxins get stored in human fat, too.

Count me in.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:52 am
As I said on Haima's thread, I've lost twenty-three pounds since November and have thirty-seven pounds to go.

I managed this loss in spite of getting three large boxes of expensive chocolate--one of them from my husband!

The idea of Virtual Support has me quivering with such anticipation that I've burned 2 1/2 extra calories since I found these threads.

Count me in.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:53 am
I'm really not terribly clever with computers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:54 am
LOL! Good night, Gautam and Noddy.
0 Replies

the prince

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:55 am
Welcome all !!

Remember the competetion starts tomorrow - so for yr chance to win $25 get moving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I fully intend to win this myself !
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:02 am
Cool, Noddy!

I have a very detailed, exacting exercise regimen, which has done wonders.

It involves:

1.) Lift 30-pound weight over head repeatedly.
2.) Do windsprints approximately 50 times per day.*
3.) Walk approximately 3 hours per day, holding a 30-pound weight for approximately half of that time.
4.) Do aerobics approximately 2 hours per day**.

* As the sozlet pulls over chair and attempts to climb into china cabinet, starts to put a suspect plant item in mouth, etc.

** Otherwise known as ring around the rosy, heads and shoulders knees and toes, and sundry silly dances.
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:18 am
what what? competition? $25?

Soz, that was my routine until the little weights started walking. My biceps were too big. Now, I'm not getting so much excersize at work.
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:21 am
Yeah what's the competition part?

This little (big) weight is walking, but that hasn't reduced my biceps. I'm still toting her around a LOT, or she's getting airplane rides, or whatever. (Ya think I chose my avatar arbitrarily? Rosie, c'est moi. Very Happy)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:21 am
Where do I get one of dem 30 pounds exercise aids?
0 Replies