Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 05:27 am
@neologist,
Clearly this is some new definition of fun I've never heard before.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 05:30 am
@izzythepush,
Not sure why.

You engage in it yourself often.

You are doing so right now.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 05:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think listening to a broken record is remotely fun.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 05:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't think listening to a broken record is remotely fun.

So be quiet...and you will not disturb yourself.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
Maybe that's why you have a head shaped like a. . . .
Ohmagawsh!
I just noticed. . . .

Just kidding, of course. I don't really think that
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 07:59 am
@neologist,
I'm not really Roger Mellie. I just use his image as an avatar. I don't look like him either.
neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
You are most highly esteemed, Izzy. And your avatar is one not to be forgotten.

But, as you probably already know, most people here think I'm whacko. Laughing
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:24 pm
@extra medium,
extra medium wrote:

Does anyone here know for an absolute certainty that the Bible actually states human souls in Hell have no chance for forgiveness?

Believe it or not, I did read the Bible, and I don't recall it actually explicitly stating "Once you are in Hell, you no longer have any chance for forgiveness, for Redemption."

That doesn't seem too Christian. Lets assume for a moment there's a Hell. Some people are down there praying to Jesus, begging for forgiveness, begging to be forgiven for not believing in the twisted corrupt Churches while they were on earth. And Jesus just ignores them?

The Jesus I imagine wouldn't ignore them, not even if they were in Hell. The Jesus I know wouldn't be that petty. He doesn't care if they screwed up & they're in Hell....He'd forgive them and go get them.

Well wouldn't it defeat the purpose of hell? I mean why even have such a place if you can reform? I mean if it's suppose to be endless torture and torment who would actually WANT to be there, if you could beg your way out?

Imagine if prisons worked that way? You get sentenced to sixty years but once you are there all you have to do is apologize and beg for release and you are out the following day? What would be the point?

Here in washington some of the liberal christian churches just teach that hell is the absence of god. There is no torment, you are just separated from his presence. If this is the case I would be fine with that. But I find it funny how there are two distinctly different versions. The Baptist lake of fire and agony and the hippy liberal christian of VIP entrance only you don't get to come to the party.

It would stand to reason that if god is suppose to be the most compassionate entity to exist then it would have to transcend even my level of compassion. I wouldn't want to punish a being indefinitely over a finite crime. It doesn't make any sense to do that. It would be petty to torture a being simply for not believing in it's existence. It get's even more absurd if you think you need to accept that Jesus was tortured so that you could get your golden ticket. What kind of god would actually think this was an acceptable method?

But after all that said, I don't think heaven or hell exist at all. It's just two concepts we came up with as an attempt to control the masses into behaving when human law enforcement fails. A way to force morality without the ability to protest it.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:53 pm
What we need to noses how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Izzie during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her recently, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being, which explains why Izzie kept shouting "Oh, my God, oh, my God!"

Anon
Amen
Adieu
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:00 pm
It's all too clear people: there is only a stairway to heaven and a road to hell.
Suffices to say where the majority of us is heading.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 02:09 pm
But a careful reading of the Bible indicates a large %age, likely the vast majority of those who have lived and died, will have an opportunity to live again on earth with no threat of death. - John 5:28-29 & others.

So why won't preachers preach that? Fear of unemployment, perhaps?
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:02 am
@neologist,
Perhaps it is not quite so profitable
0 Replies

Dropship

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 01:53 pm
In the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, Jesus makes it clear that hell is not fitted with a swing door, it's 'once in, never out'-
"between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us" (Luke 16:19-31)
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:53 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
vast majority of those who have lived and died, will have an opportunity to live again on earth with no threat of death. - John 5:28-29 & others.

So why won't preachers preach that? Fear of unemployment, perhaps?

How do you square your statement with the passage " Wide is the path that leads to distruction and many are those who go there but narrow is the path and few are those that find his way" . That's paraphrased but I'm sure you know the one I mean.
neologist

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Good point.
How do you read John 5:28-29?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:27 am
@neologist,
In reading that (in KJV) it seems clear.

All shall be resurrected.
The good go to their fate and the evil to theirs. In those two verses I see no mention of proportions, which was the subject.
neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@Leadfoot,
Both righteous and unrighteous are resurrected, the word 'wicked' being left out here. The unrighteous include those who lived and died without ever knowing of God or his purpose. So their future depends on how they respond to the things they are taught in a world without Satan's influence.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 01:56 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

The unrighteous include those who lived and died without ever knowing of God or his purpose. So their future depends on how they respond to the things they are taught in a world without Satan's influence.

That raises a point that I still wonder about. I doubt I'd ever be able to say exactly what a 'passing grade' is to advance to that next test. We'll probably all be surprised.
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 02:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
My personal belief is we will be as surprised to see who is included as those who are excluded. A careful reading of Isaiah 65:20 seems to indicate that, after a time, many of the resurrected ones will choose to sin.

But the sin of Adam and Eve seems relatively small until you examine its implications.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 02:33 pm
@neologist,
You still peddling that sting operation as "sin", Neo?

You oughta fold that hand. It's a loser.