What made you smile today?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
**** off, thread-spoiler. You disgust me.
U are YELLOW and dis-honest, but I will not apply disgust to u,
as it is too strong a description and u are not that bad.

U disgrace yourself.

As far as ******* is concerned: that is off-topic,
but it sounds like good advice.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hi Dave, I've started a discussion regarding your obsession with gun discussions. Consider it a gift, post anything you want to post. Only one condition, other members can respond only if they want, you cannot taunt anyone into an argument they care not to have. You're welcome, Auntie GB
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 05:23 am
This picture did - so cute!

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-little-sloth-photogenic-fence.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 11:39 am

got a free slice of pizza from an eatery i frequent -- just because, apparently... Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 01:40 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

got a free slice of pizza from an eatery i frequent -- just because, apparently... Smile

You got free pizza!
You got free pizzza!
You got free pizzzza!
http://i57.tinypic.com/ay0egw.gif
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
I love when that happens.

I was at Central Market the other day, and tried to weigh and print out the price label for some delicata squash. It was programed wrong, so it was trying to tell me it would cost $159.99 Confused , so I figured I'd let the cashier price it.

When I got up there, I told him what happened, and he said "Well, that means it's free for you today", and just bagged it.

Free squash. Not as exciting as free pizza, but still.....
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 06:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
http://able2know.org/topic/258302-1

That's glitterbag's thread for you. She forgot to post the link.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:05 pm
@chai2,

Lucky Pizza Day, part II

stopped for a tied-me-over slice on the way home.
the guy gives me two slices for the price of one, saying something about "they didn't cut them right"...

so i wound up paying a buck-75 for three slices today...

Very Happy
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:14 pm
@Region Philbis,
Man, you must be livin' right.
roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah. I need to get going with the three slice a day diet, too.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:09 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Lucky Pizza Day, part II

stopped for a tied-me-over slice on the way home.
the guy gives me two slices for the price of one, saying something about "they didn't cut them right"...

so i wound up paying a buck-75 for three slices today...

Very Happy

For some reason this reminds me of the time I bought 2 dozen free range jumbo eggs. I know I wrote about it here somewhere.

At least 18 of these jumbo eggs were double yolked.

It was super freaky.
I'd make Wally stand there when I cracked another one, as a witness.

I used up all my good karma with those eggs.

Here's the link to that thread....

http://able2know.org/topic/186111-3

When I stopped counting, it was at 14 out of 18.

I'm betting I got 18 out of 24.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 08:27 pm
Rachel Maddow told a story on her MSNBC show last night that really had me laughing, and has continued to make me smile and laugh all day whenever I think about it.
It was about a U.S. Senator named Larry Pressler, and I was able to find Maddow's story on a Web site so I can share it with you.

Quote:
It was the early 1990s, Larry Pressler was on the Commerce Committee. They`ve having a hearing about something. Senator Pressler got up to leave the hearing room in the middle of the hearing, presumably to go to the bathroom, or something like that. But he apparently picked a
door at random through which he wanted to leave. Unfortunately for him,
the door picked was not a door that went like into a hallway or into some
other room or to any other exit from where he was. The door he chose was
the door to a closet. Instead of promptly rectifying his mistake
though, Larry Pressler walked into the closet, and remained inside the closet for 15 minutes presumably hoping the prying eyes outside would disperse. When Larry Pressler finally reemerged after standing in the closet in the dark for 15 minutes, he tried to act as if nothing had gone wrong. He looked back in the empty space in the closet, waved as if he was saying goodbye to someone and then closed the door. Then he located the real exit from the committee hearing room and finally did leave as the audience laughed at him.

I'm laughing right now, just thinking about that dingbat Senator standing in a dark closet for 15 minutes, and then turning to wave goodbye to its interior. Smile

I wish that shows, like Maddow's, that focus on politics, would provide us with more such funny stories and moments about our esteemed lawmakers, simply as comic relief.

After posting the above, I went on to read more stories about Larry Pressler
that have given me a few more laughs
Quote:
Senator Ted Kennedy has also said to have once asked a former colleague of Larry Pressler, quote, "Has he had a lobotomy?" Tom Daschle, the one-time Senate majority leader from South Dakota, home state colleague of Larry Pressler used to say about him, quote, "A Senate seat is a terrible thing
to waste." Larry Pressler was a three-term U.S. senator from South Dakota
as a Republican. He has since left the Republican Party and become an
independent but his reputation when he was in Washington was really out
there. I mean, when he lost his Senate seat in 1996, he was the only
incumbent Republican who lost his Senate seat that year.

What's not so funny now is that Larry Pressler is once again a candidate for the Senate in a three way race in South Dakota, and he's polling near the top. Rolling Eyes

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 10:52 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Rachel Maddow told a story on her MSNBC show last night that really had me laughing, and has continued to make me smile and laugh all day whenever I think about it.
It was about a U.S. Senator named Larry Pressler, and I was able to find Maddow's story on a Web site so I can share it with you.

Quote:
It was the early 1990s, Larry Pressler was on the Commerce Committee. They`ve having a hearing about something. Senator Pressler got up to leave the hearing room in the middle of the hearing, presumably to go to the bathroom, or something like that. But he apparently picked a
door at random through which he wanted to leave. Unfortunately for him,
the door picked was not a door that went like into a hallway or into some
other room or to any other exit from where he was. The door he chose was
the door to a closet. Instead of promptly rectifying his mistake
though, Larry Pressler walked into the closet, and remained inside the closet for 15 minutes presumably hoping the prying eyes outside would disperse. When Larry Pressler finally reemerged after standing in the closet in the dark for 15 minutes, he tried to act as if nothing had gone wrong. He looked back in the empty space in the closet, waved as if he was saying goodbye to someone and then closed the door. Then he located the real exit from the committee hearing room and finally did leave as the audience laughed at him.

I'm laughing right now, just thinking about that dingbat Senator standing in a dark closet for 15 minutes, and then turning to wave goodbye to its interior. Smile

I wish that shows, like Maddow's, that focus on politics, would provide us with more such funny stories and moments about our esteemed lawmakers, simply as comic relief.

After posting the above, I went on to read more stories about Larry Pressler
that have given me a few more laughs
Quote:
Senator Ted Kennedy has also said to have once asked a former colleague of Larry Pressler, quote, "Has he had a lobotomy?" Tom Daschle, the one-time Senate majority leader from South Dakota, home state colleague of Larry Pressler used to say about him, quote, "A Senate seat is a terrible thing
to waste." Larry Pressler was a three-term U.S. senator from South Dakota
as a Republican. He has since left the Republican Party and become an
independent but his reputation when he was in Washington was really out
there. I mean, when he lost his Senate seat in 1996, he was the only
incumbent Republican who lost his Senate seat that year.

What's not so funny now is that Larry Pressler is once again a candidate for the Senate in a three way race in South Dakota, and he's polling near the top. Rolling Eyes
Yeah, that Kennedy was hysterically funny! I was gonna crack a joke
about his faithful campaign worker Mary Jo Kopechne as he swam away,
but no, no. I 'll just smile, n let him get away with it - again.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 05:56 am
Absent-mindedly squeezed toothpaste onto my razor this morning.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 01:31 am
I got a robocall from some robot pollster today and immediately hung up on it.

This left me wondering whether the result of the poll would be distorted because I'd hung up -- in other words, whether the candidate I oppose would seem to be ahead because I hadn't cooperated. Then it occurred to me that polls generally give a fairly accurate view of public opinion. And what that may mean is that for every Democrat like me telling pollsters to piss off there's a Republican somewhere doing exactly the same thing I did. In divided times like these when it seems like the two sides have nothing in common, that's a comforting thought. Wink
roger

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 01:41 am
@Kolyo,
They probably have a separate category labeled "Doesn't do polls"

Nah! Can't be that or they would quit calling.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 02:11 am
I somehow wound up with a date tonight. I'm smiling, but it's a confused smile.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 03:05 am
@FBM,
IF that resulted from flashing cash, be careful.
FBM

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 03:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Not yet, but I'm taking some cash along, just in case it'll work. Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 11:45 am
@FBM,
I suggest cash and several credit cards. 2 Cents Mr. Green Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Drunk Drunk Drunk Laughing Cool Shocked
0 Replies