The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

giujohn

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wow, I'd say you're obtuse but I don't think you'd get that either...I'm Italian...Wap-a-ho...🌨 (Snowflakes)
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:48 pm
@giujohn,
the slang term for Italian is spelled with an o, not an a. Wap is a variant of a slang term for slug, beat on. Ho is today's derogatory slang, widely used, for whore, and a demeaning term for women in general. I'm willing to believe that you did not mean to derogatorily say "beat on sinful Elizabeth Warren",and just used an exceedingly bad choice of words, but that is in fact a reasonable interpretation of what you did say.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
She is still remarkably blonde for a Cherokee.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:27 pm
@georgeob1,
Ever seen any actual Indians? I have. Whites have been intruding in their gene pool, willingly and unwillingly, for three centuries now. Blacks too, often fleeing slavery and living with people more hospitable.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yes I have.

In this case, however, the Cherokee Nation has flatly rejected the claims Warren used to get her designated minority professorship. Her fraud is a matter of fact.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
Frugal1

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:15 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2Qe4MoVEAAf8Ih.jpg:large
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 10:37 am
@georgeob1,
Perhaps they have rejected her statement, but I am not sure how they would know it for a fact if she was or not part Cherokee. Have they kept records of every birth going back years or something? People now a days do their own DNA testing and genetic lines to find out their ancestry quite a bit these days.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 10:43 am
@revelette1,
They have not rejected the statement. Moreover they claim to have long kept an accurate registry of Cherokee people across the country. I can't speak to the accuracy of that claim, but do know that the Cherokee Tribal orgsanization is very well regarded compared to others, for its integrity and competence.

Warren has admitted that her Cherokee ancestry was something "she always heard" from her mother but offered no other evidence to back up the claim she made years earlier to get special treatment in her application for a position at the university.
revelette1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:04 am
For all the talk of WikiLeaks, personally I think the effect on our election was negligible. I agree with Nate Silver what killed the momentum in which Hillary was on was the last minute FBI announcement which in the end turned up nothing. According to the data, voters switched at the last minute.

He explained it here.

Now I know this is going to be dismissed out of hand, nevertheless, the data backs it up.

Does it matter now? No. My only point is that I don't think WikiLeaks had much to do with Clinton's loss.

My other point is that Hilary and mainstream democrats were not rejected and we don't need to change. There may be some bad apples and maybe they may need to voted out. But democrats were not rejected by landside anywhere, we just lost enough not to be able to retake the senate. We need to do better at the mid terms, democrats need to actually get out a vote in the mid term election.
revelette1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:08 am
@georgeob1,
Oh, well, that does put a different light on the subject. Gosh, if I believed every single rumor in my family...She shouldn't have put that on her application without some authentic proof.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:08 am
@revelette1,
I think that is a reasonable assessment with regard to the election. I also believe the Democrats, for their own good, should start recognizing that truth and dealing with it. That's the first step to real recovery.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:17 am
@georgeob1,
lets do a swab and send her epithelial cells to 23 and Me. Its hard to argue DNA
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:19 am
@farmerman,
Doesn't 23andme only do the male line? it's come up recently in a RL discussion.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:26 am
@farmerman,
It's not my affair, and I don't give a damn about Waren's ancestry. I'm simply aware of the self-serving deception she employed to get favorable treatment in a job application, and the hypocrisy in her current campaign for government sanctioned authority for her to unilaterally direct the lives of others in pursuit of her concepts of social/economic justice.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:32 am
@georgeob1,
thats the point. Youre preaching your animus toard hypocrisy but dont care about proving it. Youre a fact and evidence man. I say, until any of these statemenst about EW, HC or Podesta are shown to have a molecule of truth, they are just printed by some troll whose on the job for some unnamed political association.

"Swiftboating" was a GOP operative, (so was the 5 year "truther stances of our new "president")
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
I dont think so. Their DNA test reads way more than just haplogroups (which are a "Y" inset). YEP , I just checked, itll do the whole boat
1Autosomal DNA (c-1-22)
2Sex chromosomes (X/Y)
3Mitochondrial genes
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:57 am
@farmerman,
Life and time are short Farmerman and I don't have time or energy to judicially verify all the judgments I make - I suspect the same is true for you as well, given the certitude you have expressed with respect to the Clintons.

Alleged Podesta e mails were leaked and publiched confirming earlier independent reports of collusion between the DNC and the Clinton campaign againsr Saunders and a conspiracy to plant & leak moderatror questions to Hillary in the debates. Podesta loudly whined about the Russian interference, but did not explicitly deny the allegations. Moreover, since he certainly has the original e mails he could easily release them to confirm and "doctoring" . He has not done so.

That's enough for me. Same goes for the Clinton foundation. I'm not advocating either prosecution or jail time for the Clintons, just the shame, disgrace and obscurity towards which they are heading.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Also, remember that great apes (especially chimps) have two chromosomes that have been fused into 1 (whiich determines the X,Y pairing) . Its an evolutionary trick that I believe was more related to "genetic drift" than to natural selection. The only species of Hominidae that show the same (chromosome #2 relationship) are Neanderthals , Denisovans, Hobbits, and US.
0 Replies