The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

Builder

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
" You should never ever say "America thinks..." before you give your opinion, frugal, because America does NOT think...(snip) "

Actually, American did think, quite sincerely, but without a truly viable candidate, they picked the lesser evil.

Time you got over that fact, I'da thunk.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:02 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Paint a picture of it pissing on the Virgin Mary and some liberal creep will pay top dollar for it.

Well, sure, and I support the right to buy and sell that trash. I've sold about 100 prints (at $25 a pop) my own damn self. Does that give me a right to hang one in the US Capitol, though, ya think?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Poll: Trump’s Favorability Rating Improves Significantly Before Inauguration Day
JANUARY 5, 2017 BY RICHARD D. BARIS

Trump's Image Recovers Among Whites, Gains Among Minorities in Latest PPD Poll

President-elect Donald J. Trump’s favorability rating has risen above the 50-percent majority threshold ahead of Inauguration Day on Friday, January 20, 2017. The gain was fueled by his image among whites recovering to levels measured the prior week, as well as what has been a steady and continued improvement on the margins among minorities.

The PPD Poll, which conducted the most accurate surveys in 2016 on both the national and statewide level, finds 52% of likely voters now view the New York businessman favorably, while 40% continue to hold an unfavorable view of him.
giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:04 am
@layman,
He's a black congressman...I think his momma must not have liked him to name him Lacy.
Builder

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:05 am
@giujohn,
Wow! how did their predictions go for the election itself?
layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:13 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

The PPD Poll, which conducted the most accurate surveys in 2016 on both the national and statewide level, finds 52% of likely voters now view the New York businessman favorably,

The same as Obama, according to some polls, anyway.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:13 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

If you don't like art, don't look at it. But don't try to deprive others of making their own decisions. That's freedom for everyone, let's try to remember that.

Wanna hang it in a private gallery fine...BUT NOT IN A PLACE THAT MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORT.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:20 am
@Builder,
On election day they had Trump winning by .06%.
giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:23 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

He's a black congressman...I think his momma must not have liked him to name him Lacy.

A Democrat of course. Low life POS
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:24 am
@McGentrix,
Don't get me wrong--I'm all for them insisting on hanging their painting, just so the true nature of their loyalties will be exposed to all.

But I don't think they should be allowed to do so without strong objection. Just turning your head and tacitly approving on the grounds that it is "art," don't fly with me. That's not the way I roll.

"They" being these Democratic congressmen, of course. I still wouldn't agree that there is a "citizens'" right to hang anything kind of display you want in federal buildings, if you just call it "art," though.
giujohn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:29 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Then again it could be a nick name...For his underwear preference.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:36 am
@layman,
What I'd like best though, is too see the two parties get into a full-blown street brawl, with the Dems trying to hang the filth, and the Republicans tearing the thing back down again, until the brass knuckles came out and a full-scale rumble ensued.

That would, like, ROCK, eh!?

My money wouldn't be on the candyass libs, I can tellya that.

I can see it now....Trey Gowdy givin a hard right cross to Nancy Pelosi, and ****!
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:40 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
On election day they had Trump winning by .06%.

My lady love was sending updates during the day on the results.

I'll admit to being quite surprised that the oligarchs totally fucked this one up.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:42 am
@MontereyJack,
98% of Americans think MJ is a fool, and that number is rising.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:18 am
0bama has revealed the symbol of the NEW democrat party.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C15DPo5UsAEZPhJ.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:24 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Don't get me wrong--I'm all for them insisting on hanging their painting, just so the true nature of their loyalties will be exposed to all.

But I don't think they should be allowed to do so without strong objection. Just turning your head and tacitly approving on the grounds that it is "art," don't fly with me. That's not the way I roll.

"They" being these Democratic congressmen, of course. I still wouldn't agree that there is a "citizens'" right to hang anything kind of display you want in federal buildings, if you just call it "art," though.

Art is subjective though. Who are you to determine good art from bad? What qualifications do you have to tell anyone what is good art and what is bad art? Because it offends you? Because the subject matter is offensive to you?

Imagine that instead, it was a sculpture of the 10 commandments and someone wanted it placed in the Capitol, would you have the same reaction? What about a Monet, Dali or Picasso? What about Mapplethorpe or Serrano?

If you are going to have any art, you need to be able to accept all art. No one gets to decide if something is good or bad art. They only get to decide if they like it or not.

I am sorry we disagree on this. I see freedom as being able to do as I wish within the bounds of the law (though it pisses me off a tad I have to add that addendum so as to avoid the BS about doing something illegal...) just as everyone else should.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:27 am
Art that deserves to be hung.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C15KLV2WEAAKWtc.jpg:large
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:31 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C12vrDiUkAAhBuP.jpg:large
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:47 am

Emboldened by Trump victory, Hungary plans to crack down on its native-born George Soros
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@McGentrix,
I believe you are trying very hard to make a point of at best very questionable merit. You should back off from it. The capitol building is the seat of the national government. There's a good deal of art there, both statuary and paintings, but all of it evokes the best aspirations of the country, its founders and our traditions. It is not a private art gallery where anyone can display his art or propaganda, as you foolishly suggest.

The painting hung there in defiance of the rules of the legislature is of no partiucular artistic merit, and instead was quite obviously put there as a very partisan political statement by advocates apparently interested in furthering public discord regarding crime and police enforcement. The message it conveys is offensive to both our values and to proplee involved in the envorcement of the law. It has no place in our Capitol.