McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:12 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Well, he won, so I guess he will accept the results. Mighty open minded of him, ya ask me.

Right, but the point is the people who were over-reacting to him saying that are the ones not accepting the results of the election.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:23 pm
@McGentrix,
Not sure how you are equating protesting to a candidate not conceding an election though. Yeah I'm sure there are protesters that will take it too far and they deserve criticism, but a candidate not conceding would have made such protests and their excesses much worse.

In short you should expect a different degree of criticism when you are running for the nation's highest office versus being a street protester.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:34 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I gave Obama 2 years to impress me and he failed to do so.

Really? And after two years of all that goodwill he was still black, no wonder you were disappointed.

I don't believe you, the racist tea party reaction was instant. You can't demand double standards after that, especially when you elect a neo fascist.

I think Obama did a pretty good job. He got Bin Laden, achieved rapprochement with Iran and Cuba, didn't start any illegal wars, alienate the global Muslim population, and made some steps to bring in affordable healthcare, all that with an obstructionist parliament.

What was so impressive about Dubya's presidency anyway? What sums it up for me was the moment he'd been informed about the attacks on 9/11 and he continued to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, his favourite book btw, first published when he was thirty years old.

Obama impressed the rest of the world simply by not being an idiotic war mongering incompetent berk like his immediate predecessor.

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:48 am
@McGentrix,
She's too old to tear up a hotel room, but I'm sure she has several people on staff who get called in regularly to do it for her.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
He knew that he was selling something to the lowest IQ in the room
Who knows what Trump thinks, but the sentiment you expressed here is THE number one mistake that Dems (especially) make. People (even a bunch of smart ones) are justifiably pissed off at 'the establishment'.

Even my GF (a Phd., atheist and DNC member) doesn't get this. I almost had to put her on suicide watch yesterday.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:15 am
Next time, make it worth the while of the 46.9% who didn't get off their asses and vote this time. Are you listening, DNC?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:25 am
Everyone should take heart from the election results. Marijuana WON BIG!
Lash

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:27 am
@Leadfoot,
We definitely need it now. Puff puff pass!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:46 am
@Robert Gentel,
Trump never said he wouldn't concede the election if he lost. You pulled that from you back pocket Robert.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:56 am
@McGentrix,
Frankly, I'm reminded of the Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times."

I suspect there will be plenty of sore losers, and plenty of sore winners.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

I gave Obama 2 years to impress me and he failed to do so.

Really? And after two years of all that goodwill he was still black, no wonder you were disappointed.

I don't believe you, the racist tea party reaction was instant. You can't demand double standards after that, especially when you elect a neo fascist.

I think Obama did a pretty good job. He got Bin Laden, achieved rapprochement with Iran and Cuba, didn't start any illegal wars, alienate the global Muslim population, and made some steps to bring in affordable healthcare, all that with an obstructionist parliament.

What was so impressive about Dubya's presidency anyway? What sums it up for me was the moment he'd been informed about the attacks on 9/11 and he continued to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, his favourite book btw, first published when he was thirty years old.

Obama impressed the rest of the world simply by not being an idiotic war mongering incompetent berk like his immediate predecessor.

Touché !
But alas America misses the lesser standard so much that after Obama they double the level of idiocy with the next President idiot after Bush.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 08:09 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
It was one thing to elect Dubya, but to re-elect him! You can't help but think what's wrong with these people.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 08:18 am
@McGentrix,
I protested on the streets of Chicago last night. It felt good even if it will not accomplish anything. People stuck in cars were cheering, giving high fives, and supportive. It was kind of amazing to be involved really.

Today I'm left with a nugget in my brain to do 'something' for the community. Not sure what that may be.
Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 08:23 am
@maporsche,
Half the voters in this country were naive enough to vote for Donald Trump. A good portion of the other half is too stupid to realize that voting, not protesting in the streets after the fact, is what actually makes a difference.
maporsche

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 08:38 am
@Brand X,
Well, I both voted and protested. Where does that put me?
Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 09:09 am
@maporsche,
A deplorable.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You can check my a2k posts to verify it if you wish. I was indeed mostly silent until the 2 years I gave him expired and he had signed the ACA. His color had nothing to do with it, nice try. I don't know why I need to keep reminding you that I was married to a black woman for almost 20 years and my children are of mix race. No racism here, it's only in your diluted old mind.

Quote:

Of course you don't believe me, you are bias against any idea that doesn't fit into your little world. The Tea Party wasn't in reaction to Obama, it was in reaction to govt bailouts and the left's cries of to big to fail.

Quote:

He only got bin Laden because of the work of the intelligence agencies. He only gave the go order, which any President would have given. You give him to much credit.

What has the deal with Iran given us? Iran is more hostile towards the US now then they were prior to the deal. It was just announced again today that for a 2nd time this year they have to much "heavy water" and have to ship it off to some unknown country, I wonder why they won't disclose which country, North Korea maybe? If you don't know, "heavy water" reactors are the ones that generate the best nuke material.

Didn't start any wars? You do realize we are bombing more countries today then when Obama took office? You are naive to think he has been more peaceful. The world is worse off when it comes to terrorism.

Affordable health care? Do you even pay attention to the news before you speak? Most of the state run exchanges have gone under because it is unaffordable.

Quote:

There has been more unrest in the ME since Obama took office. The Arab spring was a failure and Obama is bombing more countries then Bush did. Obama has once again sent troops into Iraq to fix his and Hillary's ISIS problem.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Speaking of back pockets.... I, in turn, didn't say that he did. The criticism you were referencing was in regard to him not affirming that he would concede if he lost. You are equating that to protesters on the street and I am saying that you are asserting a false equivalence.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:54 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I said he wouldn't accept the results which has nothing to do with concession. Isn't that exactly what the protesters are doing? Not accepting the results of the election?

Quote:
In a remarkable statement that seemed to cast doubt on American democracy, Donald J. Trump said Wednesday that he might not accept the results of next month’s election if he felt it was rigged against him — a stand that Hillary Clinton blasted as “horrifying” at their final and caustic debate on Wednesday.
Source

He wasn't asked if he would concede. If he thought that the election was rigged, why wouldn't he leave himself the room to question the results if they were really close? Al Gore certainly did not immediately accept the results of the election? Trump was smart to not paint himself into a corner. I think he learned something from the whole "back the candidate" experience.
maporsche

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:59 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Isn't that exactly what the protesters are doing? Not accepting the results of the election?

Not. Even. Close.

How does this statement connect in your brain?