Are the presidential election results real? Or simply a simulation?

oristarA

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 10:54 pm
Electoral College Settles Election but Can’t Cool Tempers
By JONATHAN MARTIN and MICHAEL WINES 9:32 PM ET

(NYTimes) Typically seen merely as players in a tradition-bound formality, electors across the country faced protests this year, reflecting the vast divide that carried over from the campaign and that will soon confront Donald J. Trump.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:45 am
@oristarA,
Spoken like a true Hillary supporter. Well the EC votes were cast yesterday and Hillary had 8 electors who wanted to follow this advice but only 5 were allowed to per state laws. Of those 5, 3 went to Colin Powell, 1 went to Ron Paul and 1 went to Faith Spotted Eagle. This has not been a good year for Hillary.
nimh

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 08:03 pm
@Baldimo,
The Ron Paul one was an elector who was supposed to vote for Trump.

In total 5 of Clinton's supposed electors and 2 of Trump's jumped ship. Of the five who'd been supposed to cast their votes for Clinton, three went for Powell, one for Bernie, and one for Faith Spotted Eagle. Of the two defectors from the Trump camp, one cast a vote for Ron Paul and the other from Kasich.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/19/us/elections/electoral-college-results.html
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 10:47 am
Why did Trump want the job so badly?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 12:58 pm
Congratulations, Trump. Welcome to hell.

By Kathleen Parker Opinion writer (WashingtonPost)
December 20 at 7:33 PM

Dear Mr. Trump,

You won. Welcome to hell.

And to think, I thought you’d become president when hell froze over.

Now that the election is finally behind us, may I ask a tiny question: Why did you want this job? Was it on your bucket list? After so many square miles of golf courses, trophy wives, gilt mirrors and crystal chandeliers, was there nothing left to mess with?

I wasn’t surprised, by the way, when you said you’d spend half your time in New York. I mean, it’s New York! And the White House is a tad bourgeois in an Epcot-y sort of way. All that marble, those heavy drapes and selecting new china. Why do we treat incoming presidents and first ladies like they just got married? And who needs a balcony overlooking the Mall when you’ve got a four-corner office in your tower overlooking Fifth Avenue?

Don’t worry about all the whining from New York Mayor Bill de Blasio about the high cost of security. It’s just like a Democrat to want the feds to pay for it, right? All de Blasio has to do is tax facelifts on the Upper East Side and he can build a Trump Armory.

Anyway, I’m writing to say congrats, despite my having done everything in my limited power to block you. When I wrote column after column about why you were unfit to be president and wouldn’t do half of what you were promising, I was serious. And, of course, I was right.

But being a businessman, you know how we say things. It’s not personal. It’s not like you were waking up to a dead chicken in your bed. Besides, I’m pretty sure you didn’t care when I (and many others) called you a con man, a carnival barker, a bully and a snake oil salesman. Admit it. You were thinking: So what? I’m winning!

And so you did. Win.

The reason I knew you wouldn’t do most of what you promised is, one, my BS detector is from the same Queens DNA as yours (via my paternal grandmother, who was quite a dame, by the way). Two, you logically or legally can’t do much of it. Three, you’re Donald Trump, which is synonymous with “whatever works.”

More
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 01:03 pm
@oristarA,
Someone needs some cheese to go with that whine...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 01:05 pm
...with wine.

Cheers. Because tomorrow never dies.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 08:28 pm
We will see how GOP, as an organized mind, will outsmart Mr.Trump's irrational brain.
oristarA

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 09:48 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

We will see how GOP, as an organized mind, will outsmart Mr.Trump's irrational brain.

Forgot to edit: We hope we will see...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 12:37 am
Read the Letter Aaron Sorkin Wrote His Daughter After Donald Trump Was Elected President

The Oscar-winning screenwriter of The Social Network and mastermind behind The West Wing reacts to Donald Trump being elected the 45th president of the United States in a moving letter written to his 15-year-old daughter Roxy and her mother Julia Sorkin.

Sorkin Girls,

Well the world changed late last night in a way I couldn’t protect us from. That’s a terrible feeling for a father. I won’t sugarcoat it—this is truly horrible. It’s hardly the first time my candidate didn’t win (in fact it’s the sixth time) but it is the first time that a thoroughly incompetent pig with dangerous ideas, a serious psychiatric disorder, no knowledge of the world and no curiosity to learn has.

And it wasn’t just Donald Trump who won last night—it was his supporters too. The Klan won last night. White nationalists. Sexists, racists and buffoons. Angry young white men who think rap music and Cinco de Mayo are a threat to their way of life (or are the reason for their way of life) have been given cause to celebrate. Men who have no right to call themselves that and who think that women who aspire to more than looking hot are shrill, ugly, and otherwise worthy of our scorn rather than our admiration struck a blow for misogynistic shitheads everywhere. Hate was given hope. Abject dumbness was glamorized as being “the fresh voice of an outsider” who’s going to “shake things up.” (Did anyone bother to ask how? Is he going to re-arrange the chairs in the Roosevelt Room?) For the next four years, the President of the United States, the same office held by Washington and Jefferson, Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, F.D.R., J.F.K. and Barack Obama, will be held by a man-boy who’ll spend his hours exacting Twitter vengeance against all who criticize him (and those numbers will be legion). We’ve embarrassed ourselves in front of our children and the world.

More
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 06:58 am
When will the Clueless left come to realize that the people who live in flyover country could give a rat's ass for the opinions of coastal self important blowhards or self annointed Hollywood "elites"...Assholes all. They have doomed the Democratic brand for many years to come and I for one can't be anything more than pleased... Keep up the good work dumbasses.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 08:33 am
It's official: Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote

By Gregory Krieg, CNN
December 22, 2016

(CNN)More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.

The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

(And Trump told a lie):
Quote:
In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 27, 2016

More
giujohn

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 09:41 am
@oristarA,
So........... I guess that means they're going to have to swear Hillary in on the 20th of January...........            https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.Mae30931faaca15509181f7783230b15eo0&pid=15.1
oristarA

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 08:13 am
@giujohn,
No. That means that Trump should apologize to the millions of honest American people before his inauguration!
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 12:46 pm
'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability Harvard Doctors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfb6jh98pJc

Quote:

'Grave concerns' about Trump's mental stability: Top US professors

PTI | Dec 20, 2016, 09.04 AM IST

WASHINGTON: Three leading professors of psychiatry from America's prestigious universities have written to President Barack Obama, expressing their "grave concern" over his successor Donald Trump's mental stability.
In the letter addressed to the US president, the doctors — one from the Harvard Medical School and two others who have been associated with top US varsities over the years — have urged him to order a "full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation" before the President-elect takes office on January 20.
"We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-elect," the letter published by the Huffington Post read.
The letter assumes significance as it is written by three distinguished professors of psychiatry — Judith Herman, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Nanette Gartrell, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco (1988-2011,) and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1983-87); and Dee Mosbacher, Ph.D. Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Community Health Systems University of California, San Francisco (2005-2013).
"Professional standards do not permit us to venture a diagnosis for a public figure whom we have not evaluated personally. Nevertheless, his widely reported symptoms of mental instability -- including grandiosity, impulsivity, hypersensitivity to slights or criticism, and an apparent inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality -- lead us to question his fitness for the immense responsibilities of the office," the letter said.
"We strongly recommend that, in preparation for assuming these responsibilities, he receive a full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation by an impartial team of investigators," it said.
In August, President Obama had questioned the 70-year-old business tycoon's judgement and temperament and called him "unfit to serve as president".
This is not the first time mental health professionals have weighed in on Trump's suitability for office.
In June, Atlantic published a psychologist's findings that Trump suffered from "narcissism, disagreeableness, grandiosity".
In August, an Oxford study claimed that Trump has more psychopathic traits than Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.
Psychologist Kevin Dutton from Oxford University ranked the psychopathic traits of the US presidential hopefuls and historical figures using a standard psychometric tool - the Psychopathic Personality Inventory - Revised (PPI-R).
Trump outstripped Hitler on factors including social influence and fearlessness, while the Nazi dictator scored higher on cold-heartedness and Machiavellian egocentricity - which describes a lack of empathy and sense of detachment from others for the sake of achieving one's own goals
giujohn

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 01:07 pm
@oristarA,
This will serve as a classic example of the level of completely ridiculous bullshit mainstream media will go to and attack and continue attacking the president elect and for that matter any other Republican president that would have won the election over the Democratic heir apparent.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 01:27 pm
@oristarA,
Lots of people hve successfully dealt with ADD, and many learn to live with it. I think Trump (and lots of his supporters) are in denial of this fact.
His impulsiveness and inability to focus will get him into trouble.
giujohn

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 01:54 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah maybe he will accidentally push the button and wipe out half of China....Or California
oristarA

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 09:58 pm
@giujohn,
I'm sure that China is not Donald Trump's target of nuke. Because China's moon rover has been moving on the lunar surface for three years, which means that dropping nukes on American mainland is a piece of cake for China. And vise versa. Trump may be pig-headed as Sorkin points out, but he will very unlikely make such a mistake.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 11:24 pm
Obama Strikes Back at Russia for Election Hacking

By DAVID E. SANGERDEC. 29, 2016 (NYTimes)

WASHINGTON — President Obama struck back at Russia on Thursday for its efforts to influence the 2016 election, ejecting 35 suspected Russian intelligence operatives from the United States and imposing sanctions on Russia’s two leading intelligence services.

The administration also penalized four top officers of one of those services, the powerful military intelligence unit known as the G.R.U. Intelligence agencies have concluded that the G.R.U. ordered the attacks on the Democratic National Committee and other political organizations, with the approval of the Kremlin, and ultimately enabled the publication of the emails it harvested.

More