Why Obamacare is a Failure

RABEL222

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 06:06 pm
@McGentrix,
Nice comeback, whatever it means.
Real Music

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 06:57 pm
Obamacare does have flaws. Obamacare also has good points. I, personally wish we had a single-payer system/Medicare for all. If we can't get that, at the very least a strong public option added to the existing Obamacare.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:30 pm
@RABEL222,
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rabble-rousing
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 11:03 pm
@Real Music,
Of course Obamacare isent perfect. He had to let some conservative thought go into it. One of the things that went by the wayside was single payer and medicare negotiating drug costs. There were some conservative democrats as well as republican he, Obama, had to please in order to get their votes. But it can be fixed if the house decides to become reasonable.
Real Music

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 11:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Of course Obamacare isent perfect. He had to let some conservative thought go into it. One of the things that went by the wayside was single payer and medicare negotiating drug costs. There were some conservative democrats as well as republican he, Obama, had to please in order to get their votes. But it can be fixed if the house decides to become reasonable.

I agree with you one hundred percent. You and I both know that the House republicans are not reasonable about anything. Obstruction is all the House republican know. In fact, Senate republicans also ain't worth a damn.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 11:47 am
@Real Music,
I agree; 20 million more American have health insurance under Obamacare.
http://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2016/03/03/20-million-people-have-gained-health-insurance-coverage-because-affordable-care-act-new-estimates
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 05:04 pm
More Than 1 Million to Lose Obamacare Plans as Insurers Quit
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-14/more-than-1-million-in-obamacare-to-lose-plans-as-insurers-quit

0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 05:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Obama's entire 8 year presidency has been an abject failure. To me, it's old news. I did not click on your link because you either know by now that it is a failure or you never will. "None are so blind".
Candlelight8
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 07:36 pm
@Candlelight8,
Boy, have you bought uncritically the whole Trump lie package, and virtually everythjing he says has been fact-checked to be lies. When the GOPonomics almost destroyed the world economy, Obama saved our economy, got it working again, and has finally restored the jobs the GOP lost and more, and real wages are starting back up. His car industry restructuring has produced one of the great swift bursts of auto technology development. two years ago all the GOP doomsters were saying that Iran WOULD develop nuclear weapons withn a couple years. Obamas diplomacy got them to junk a large part of their tech and there are safeguards so they won't develop it for at least ten years (and Iran maintains they wanted nuclear power, not weapons anyway, and no one has convincingly proved otherwise). Obamacare is the first real healthcare reform we've had in decades, and 12 million people have benefited. Sure, it needs tweaking, but the GOP has steadfastly refused to fix it. Any one of those three is more than most presidents ever achieve. You're full of crap.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 08:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
The simple fact that 20 million more Americans now have health insurance is going in the right direction. It needs tweaking, but the GOP won't let it happen. They even made 50 attempts to repeal Obamacare. I wonder how many republicans now have health insurance under ACA?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 05:01 pm
OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CONFIRMS HEALTHCARE.GOV PREMIUM HIKE
http://abc13.com/1571167/#videoplayer
Lash

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 05:57 pm
My premium went up, and it was for an over $2000. deductible. I couldn't afford to use the effing health insurance I was now forced to pay for.

It's a ******* disaster for most people.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm not paying more and I'm not paying the goddamn penalty for not paying more.

I'm feeling a tad surly about this topic.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can you maybe call someone to look at your keyboard? It appears that you're unable to turn off the caps lock.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:46 pm
@Lash,
I have medicare and my wife has Etna through a pension. Next year she will have both Medicare and Etna. I can't see the public being able to sustain Obamacare, but they put up with a lot I can't see.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:47 pm
@DrewDad,
I cut and pasted a headline. I have been doing that for years and will continue to do so.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll be glad when this election is over. I am sure your Lash like attitude will have left you and we can have sensible conversations once more.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:03 pm
@RABEL222,
Don't count on it. There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner. A rebel. I don't intend to be nice in politics.
Lash

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you feel you get good care with Medicare? (Curious)
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:14 pm
@Lash,
I have never used it so far.