Abortion. Right or Murder?

izzythepush

Fri 20 May, 2016 01:06 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

What I mention is not missionaries.

Try to remember what you've written.

Linkat wrote:
most Christians do care about children once they are born - there are missionaries all over the world -- many in dangerous places -- helping all people no matter what others beliefs are.

There's plenty of decent charities, Plan, Medicines Sans Frontieres and Wateraid to name a few, who do marvellous work without the need to ram god down people's throats.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 20 May, 2016 01:10 am
@ehBeth,
I had a friend whose father invented a cheap simple water purification device. My friend's mother found religion, and she attacked her husband for being more concerned with saving lives than souls, thus demeaning his life's work. My friend's parents divorced and he was smart enough to stay with his dad.

Too many godsquad are more interested in saving souls than lives.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 20 May, 2016 07:32 am
I love people who claim to be open minded - then because someone else has a different belief system - they say they are wrong and lump all of the one group into one basket. Just because you see a crazy person screaming at the subway to save oneself does not mean that all people of one group act that way and try to shove their beliefs at others.

You enjoy cramming your beliefs at others that anyone who has one inkling of religious belief is jamming their thoughts on others - not true. Most variations of Christians and many other religions actually welcome others. Their are Christian churches that not only accept gays/lesbians, but marry them in their churches and have gay/lesbian ministers. While other churches that do not believe in this still welcome them in their church for example. They also do not shun those that have had abortion even if they do not believe in them. Most Catholics at least those I know in New England vote predominately Democrat - not that I plan going into politics.

Funny that sounds a lot more open-minded than some others here that instantly hear church, religion, Catholic, Christian and make certain assumptions.

It is only extremists that hold the viewpoints that you are spouting - similar to the Muslim religion. The odd thing is many of you preach that terrorism is only the extremist Muslims but yet you cannot see or choice not to see that is true of any religion.

Love the double standard.
izzythepush

Fri 20 May, 2016 08:23 am
@Linkat,
I don't think love has anything to do with it. You clearly get very upset when your, frankly quite vain and shallow, beliefs are challenged. I think you'd be a lot happier talking about your house than anything less materialistic.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Fri 20 May, 2016 12:42 pm
@lmac2017,
Debra Law wrote:
. . . If you cannot understand the things we have discussed so far, I don't see much point in continuing this discussion.

lmac2017 wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but by the same logic, why not make murder a choice? Saying that I CANNOT murder someone is imposing your morals on me isn't it?

Debra Law wrote:
You don't understand, and it's not the same logic.

lmac2017 wrote:
I feel as though you may think I'm a bit dimmer than I actually am. I only ask questions to hear more from you. I just would love to hear what your response to that question is. If all people should have a right to choose their own morality, then the choice should be open in all areas should it not?

I already responded to your other incoherent arguments. This is your same incoherent argument version 3.0 or 4.0, I've lost track. It appears to me you're saying, "I'm not obtuse, only pretending to be obtuse...."

I'm not your pet dog on a leash and I'm done. No more fetching on your behalf. If you're going to ignore the discussion thus far, and refuse to apply the legal principles that govern, then there is no point in continuing. It is obvious that my explanations were not for your benefit, but perhaps might be of benefit to some person in the future who stumbles into this thread.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 23 May, 2016 12:39 pm
Quote:
Local news outlets in Sarasota, Florida are reporting that a Planned Parenthood facility has been evacuated and emergency officials are on the scene after a suspicious substance was found in the buillding.

Fire and rescue are responding to a hazmat situation, and Sarasota Fire Rescue has indicated that six people have been transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-florida-planned-parenthood-evacuated-after-white-substance-found/
0 Replies

najmelliw

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 04:05 am
I find the current state of affairs in several US states, where abortion has become nigh but impossible, quite repugnant. In my eyes, a woman has the inalienable right to her own body.

What should a woman do who has been raped? She should have to undergo an unwanted pregnancy, complete with the associated medical expenses, and then get to take care of an infant she didn't ask for?
But it's even more bleak then that, isn't it lmac? What should happen if a father inflicts a pregnancy upon his own offspring, be she of legal age or, more probably in modern society, not? Apart from the increased chance of defects that result from such incest, what are the rights of the child (the underage girl) here?
What should happen to a woman who is part of a different culture, one who frowns on intercourse with another 'race', and then is raped by someone of that race? What should be done when the possible consequence of a woman having to bear an unwanted pregnancy to fruition might be humiliation, mutilation or possible death?

But let's not go there. Lets just stick to a woman who doesn't want a child, but can't terminate the pregnancy due to laws, and is forced to carry the child to term.
She becomes depressed and moody. She starts to drink, not caring a whiff about the well being of what she considers the parasite in her womb. So what should be done then? Should she be held against her will, tied to a bed? Fed through tubes?

But even if this doesn't happen, and the child is born, should he or she then be raised by a mother who doesn't care for him or her? What would the consequences be?

Finally, I would like to hear your stance on the verse below. I have mentioned this case once to somebody who als claimed that no child should be aborted, and I got no satisfying answer. Perhaps you can give me one:

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

But if the woman has lain with another man, she might be pregnant now. By stoning her, the child also dies. How does this rhyme with your view regarding abortion? Or is abortion justifiable when it is the consequence of an act that is not directly tied to the abortion, even if the abortion (in this case, the stoning) is executed by people who know well that they might be killing an unborn child?
buyabortionpills

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm
@lmac2017,
Hi..
None of women want to abortion. But some factors may responsible to do so in her life. that doesn't means she is killing her baby before born.
I think Abortion should be legal because so many girls are pregnant in her teen age.
fresco

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 01:20 am
@buyabortionpills,
Maybe you should change your name to Iforgotmygrammarpills!

The style of your message suggests you might have been one of those 'girls'. Wink
ascribbler

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:35 am
@fresco,
Persiflage on contraception is below the belt.
fresco

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:53 am
@ascribbler,
Laughing Where else !
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:11 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Maybe you should change your name to Iforgotmygrammarpills!

The style of your message suggests you might have been one of those 'girls'. Wink

From the writing it appears the poster does not speak/write English as their first language. So I'd give them a break on the grammar comment.
fresco

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 09:42 am
@Linkat,
Yes, it had occurred to me that this was an " offshore sales spam" fronted by woman's avatar, but you can't have much fun with that assumption ! Smile
0 Replies

Christian0912

Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:54 pm
@lmac2017,
It is murder. Some people say it's not because the child is not fully formed. Can I just say that a human is NEVER fully formed. They are always growing and changing. So does that mean killing someone is never murder?
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 08:04 am
@buyabortionpills,
Quote:
None of women want to abortion. But some factors may responsible to do so in her life. that doesn't means she is killing her baby before born.
I think Abortion should be legal because so many girls are pregnant in her teen age.

Parents and teachers must teach those girls how to close their legs.

Abortion must be abolished with only one exception: if the case is about the life of the mother or the child. Only then, one of them must survive and abortion must be considered.

On the rest of cases, abortion must be penalized as crime.
cameronleon

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 08:10 am
@najmelliw,
Quote:
I find the current state of affairs in several US states, where abortion has become nigh but impossible, quite repugnant. In my eyes, a woman has the inalienable right to her own body.

It happens that the creature inside the womb of that woman is not part of her body. That creature is a body inside a different body.

That woman has rights to her own body but not so to the body of the creature inside her.

The question is, how the other creature got inside that woman?

Surely that creature didn't get inside her by magic.

If she wasn't careful when having sex, then she must pay the consequences of her negligence.

hightor

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:18 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
If she wasn't careful when having sex, then she must pay the consequences of her negligence.

So, because a woman was careless or inebriated, or her partner lied about having had a vasectomy, or her contraception method failed she must raise a child? So the child is basically a form of punishment and raising her child is a 18-21 year long sentence for the crime of negligence?
Glennn

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:29 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
Parents and teachers must teach those girls how to close their legs.

Or, parents and teachers must teach those boys how to keep their pants on.
Quote:
It happens that the creature inside the womb of that woman is not part of her body.

Well then whose body it is part of?
Quote:
The question is, how the other creature got inside that woman?

A boy put it there.
Quote:

If the boy wasn't careful when having sex, then he must suffer the consequences of his negligence.
cameronleon

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 06:26 pm
@hightor,
Quote:

So, because a woman was careless or inebriated, or her partner lied about having had a vasectomy, or her contraception method failed she must raise a child? So the child is basically a form of punishment and raising her child is a 18-21 year long sentence for the crime of negligence?

She was careless, she must pay for her negligence.

The boyfriend lied, then he must pay for the rising up of the child.

The contraception didn't work, then she must sue the company and the company is responsible for the child.

The child is never the punishing but the consequence of someone negligence, lie, mistake or bad product.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 06:30 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Or, parents and teachers must teach those boys how to keep their pants on.

Good, so be it.

Quote:
Well then whose body it is part of?

You must ask, how it come that the creature is inside the woman's womb, magic?

Quote:
A boy put it there.

Then, make that boy to pay the consequences.

Quote:
If the boy wasn't careful when having sex, then he must suffer the consequences of his negligence.

Sounds reasonable.

Whatever, but killing the creature inside the womb is murder.
0 Replies