I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

JPB

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I wouldn't exactly call myself a Sanders supporter, although I did vote for him in the IL primary, but I don't intend to vote for HRC in November. I'll be happily voting for Gary Johnson, just like I did in 2012. If Hillary can't carry her historically blue home state of IL without my vote then she's got a whole host of problems in this election.
Lash

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm either writing Sanders in or voting for Jill Stein.
Lash

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:57 am
Bill Clinton breaks polling place laws, and now meets with the woman who's been subverting justice for his crooked wife.

What? Did he hand her a few cashrolls?

They should both be in prison.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/30/484110476/attorney-general-loretta-lynch-bill-clinton-met-amid-email-investigation
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:19 am
@JPB,
Just out of curiosity and not that it matters now, but Johnson and Romney aren't all that far apart and Romney was competitive. What drove you to Johnson over Romney?
JPB

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:24 am
@engineer,
Romney's history as a venture capitalist profiting at the expense of the people whose lives depended on their jobs. One phrase, "...harvesting the capital" by shutting down companies that he had invested in meant harvesting peoples lives and well-being to line his own pockets. I would never vote for him.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:23 pm
@JPB,
You may or may not be surprised, but apparently we will both be voting for the same candidate.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:25 pm
@Lash,
I like the write-in option.

Despite what I just replied to JPB, I think I'll write-in a vote for Mitch Daniels.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 01:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Here's good news for Trump supporters.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-just-pulled-ahead-clinton-141951200.html
Blickers

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, but that's a Rasmussen Poll, which doesn't count. Rasmussen polls are so pro-Republican that in 2000 they predicted Bush would win the popular vote by 9 points.

When you're that bad, it's time to pack it in and find something else to do.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:55 pm
@Blickers,
The poll is the first in which Trump has led Clinton since mid-May, when Trump held a 2-point lead in an ABC News/Washington Post poll.
Blickers

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not surprising. I would hold off and wait for a few more polls before I put any faith at all in the Rasmussen Poll. From the start, I've always considered them a part of the Republican campaign.
roger

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:01 pm
@Blickers,
This is troubling if you look at it the right way. Should I be thinking that people's votes will be influenced by poll results? I would hate to think that we will all put aside our beliefs and opinions just to say "We voted for the winner".
Blickers

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:23 pm
@roger,
I believe you are right-polls do affect the way the vote goes, to some extent. Psychologically, we are drawn to the winner. I remember reading about pubic opinion polls being run AFTER an election where people were asked who they voted for and suddenly the percentage for the winner of the election got a much higher percentage in that after-the-fact poll than he got on Election Day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:25 pm
@roger,
I think people are influenced by the level of their education more than polls. I think age has something to do with it too.
Blickers

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And sex and population group, ("race" if you will-after studying DNA researchers are shying away from "race" as a term because genetic similarities are even greater than they thought previously).
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:36 pm
@Blickers,
Here's a good study on polls and their influence on voters.
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/how-polls-influence-behavior
Lash

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:40 pm
Democrats know Clinton's elitist behavior smells bad and gives too much ammunition to detractors. If it looks like a crooked pol, and smells like z crooked pol, it's Clinton.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bill-clinton-loretta-lynch-224972
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:52 pm
Anyone who is influenced by polls when almost everyone has a computer, cell phone and a pad that can access the rehms of information out there should just stay home. If one is so stupid they cant make up their own mind they probably shouldent even exercise their right to vote. Or just flip a coin.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 09:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:54 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
but I don't intend to vote for HRC in November. I'll be happily voting for Gary Johnson, just like I did in 2012.

wondering if this is still the case