I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 04:53 pm
@snood,
I think of Martin Luther King and Harry Belafonte.

Life would have been infinitely easier for activists in the 60s if they just ate in places that allowed them, followed the rules of the day. But people had had enough. They were unwilling to put up with bullshit one moment longer.

Enough!

People were beaten and killed because they refused to submit the status quo. They KNEW their refusal to get in line and do what was expected would make things much worse before they got better, but the change had to come. They accepted the risk, and changed their reality.

Lesson learned.

Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:30 pm
@Lash,
Exactly what social issues today require people to be beaten and killed in demonstrations to change, and when do you plan to offer yourself as a human tackling dummy for The Cause?
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:44 pm
@Debra Law,
You might as well vote for Trump because Hilary is going to be the nominee.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:19 pm
@Blickers,
Our way of life in the US has been perverted by corruption.

The gulf between average people and the super wealthy is growing exponentially. We are being separated between poor, largely brown workers, and ridiculously wealthy bosses, journalists, and politicians.

Our law enforcement is killing black and brown people with no consequence, and would continue unabated if it weren't for the life-risking actions of BLM and people who support them. A light is being shown on what happened to Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice, and Eric Garner, but without a president who will stand up and say NO YOU ******* DON'T ANYMORE, that light will fade.

I see only one man who I can count on to do that. The other so-called Democrat candidate profits by locking people up. Literally, not figuratively. Superpredator-hating prison-for-profit Clinton.

My man calls it loud in public. He's the only one.

The gulf is between us and them is growing.

Average people in this country now acknowledge that a college education for their children to compete in this world is out of reach. Only the elites can afford to educate their children because of the astronomical cost. Our government is charging our students ridiculous costs and withering interest rates. Our government is behind this. They are growing the gulf between rich and poor.

Do you want to ask why? It is in the best interests of this country - and all countries - to keep the rabble down. 99% of us are rabble. They must control us or we will control them. If we control them, they work for us. Right now, we're working for them. They're making out like bandits. We're fools.

Insurance in this country is unaffordable. I am a teacher who pays $200 a month for the pleasure of calling myself "insured." (Thanks, Obama!) AND THEN, I have a deductable of $500! I can't go to the doctor. We all deserve to pay a reasonable tax and get life-saving medical care. ALL of us.

I pay nearly 1/3 of my hard-earned check - and it is ******* hard-earned - to the govt etc - and the ultra-wealthy don't even pay their fair share. We're not asking for a hand-out - we're tired of bankrolling Wall Street's hand-out.

It is time for them to pay their share. Who has hoodwinked you into thinking hardworking men and women should pay Wall Street's way???

Thanks to Bill Clinton and other politicians like him who work for billionaires, the floodgates of money were opened into politics through Glass-Steagall, and I no longer have a voice in my own government. The idea of "America" and "democracy" is a joke. Laws are written by lobbyists, signed by corrupt politicians who are paid off by the ultra-wealthy - designed to make the ultra-rich even richer. As crazy as it sounds, you're seeing the results all over the US.

My life is at stake; so is yours. Our children's futures are hanging in the balance. The water we drink and the food we eat are being ruined by people like the Clintons and other politicians who get cash on the barrelhead for votes that allow these corporations to do what they please with our soil and our underground water tables.

So, those are a couple of the social issues you need to be addressing with your vote.

People like you and snood think the worst possible thing that can happen in this election cycle is if progressives who support Bernie don't vote for Hillary.

Think again.

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Then, Trump it is.
edgarblythe

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:41 pm
@Lash,
Right on, lash. But they don't care. They just bypass a post such as this so they can attack you for not wanting Hillary.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nods. I know you're right, but sometimes, I'm just moved to say it anyway.

I'm very thankful for you.
Kolyo

Wed 4 May, 2016 08:43 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Then, Trump it is.

And Trump, I suspect, it has always been.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 08:48 pm
@Kolyo,
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Trump isn't smart enough to be as dangerous as Hillary.

0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:21 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash to edgar:
Quote:
I'm very thankful for you.

You should be. Every con man is thankful for a mark.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:34 pm
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Average people in this country now acknowledge that a college education for their children to compete in this world is out of reach. Only the elites can afford to educate their children because of the astronomical cost.

Really? Then why is there a greater percentage of 18 to 24 year olds in college now than there ever has been?

And why is the difference in white college attendance and black college attendance LESS than ever?

In 1967, 27% of whites between 18 and 24 were in college, and only 13% of blacks. Whites had twice the percentage as blacks going to college.

For that age group, in later years the numbers of 18-24 year olds in college were:

In 1992, 37% of whites and 25% of blacks. That's 48% more whites than blacks. That was the year before Bill Clinton took office.

In 2000, 39% of whites and 31% of blacks in college. That's 26% more whites than blacks. That was Bill Clinton's last year.

In 2012, 42% of whites and 36% of blacks went to college. That's only 17% more whites. That's where we were four years ago. No doubt, it's even closer now.
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d13/tables/dt13_302.60.asp

Hillary has proposed free community college, and that's a start to make it easier to attend college. But with these numbers, it is clear that an increasing percentage of Americans, including an even more increasing percentage of blacks, are attending college right now. Your down-in-the-dumps-it's-all-over spiel turned out be so much nonsense. I guess that's why you made sure you included absolutely no facts or statistics in the whole piece-you didn't want to ruin the carefully crafted atmosphere of despair and hopelessness.

Have you considered a career writing commercials for anti-depressants? You'd be a natural.
snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:42 pm
Right on Blickers.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:45 pm
@Blickers,
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/16/why-college-costs-are-so-high-and-rising.html

Wow, your head is in the sand. Don't you want to know what's happening in your world, or do you just want to be somebody's dinner?
Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:46 pm
Quote Lash:
Quote:
The other so-called Democrat candidate profits by locking people up. Literally, not figuratively. Superpredator-hating prison-for-profit Clinton.

When Bill Clinton took office, the number of black people murdered per year had been sharply rising. When he took office, he not only levelled off the rise, he cut the number of black people murdered annually by 37%. That's an amazing record.
Black Murders Per Year
Under Bush I

Bill Clinton Takes Office

Under Bush I's last year murder rate of black victims, there would be 94,216 black people murdered in the years 1993 through 2000. Instead, under Bill Clinton only 75,540 black people were murdered in those years. Bill Clinton's presidency saved over 18,000 black lives.

The trouble with people like you and Edgar is that you take the stats people hand you and never look even an inch further. In this computer age, with more information available to the common person than at anytime in history, thinking people do not have to stay satisfied with the facts some article writer hands them. They can look for themselves, if they have the courage.

Try it sometime.

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:53 pm
@Blickers,
http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Papers/DonohueLevittTheImpactOfLegalized2001.pdf

Reduction in crime during the 1990s, explained.

Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:55 pm
@Lash,
PS: Your link does not address the fact that a greater and greater percentage of 18-24 year olds are in college than ever before. By your normal method of looking for articles that fit your pre-conceived notions instead of looking for actual facts and data, you are stuck with a post that is irrelevant. You try to tell us college is unaffordable for all but the elite, yet the facts show a far greater percentage of our 18 to 24 year olds are in college than ever before.

And you have no response to that.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:58 pm
@Lash,
Yet there are several other papers which contradict that one paper about the reduction in crime. Fact is, real presidents know that whether good or bad happens on their watch, the buck stops at his desk.

The rest of it is just the Fourth Estate filling up blank pages.
Lash

Thu 5 May, 2016 01:15 am
@Blickers,
That is a ridiculous comment.
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 03:37 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

That is a ridiculous comment.

You'd better listen, Blickers. That came from someone who really is practiced at ridiculous statements, so she'd know.
Below viewing threshold (view)