tony5732

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:29 am
@TheCobbler,
I really can't wait to see how this one goes.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:39 am
@tony5732,
What they underestimated was how completely the rise of the hatred since Obama took office and the start of the tea party has taken control of their party. It started by voting out of congress of sane republicans and replacing them with extreme tea partiers and has just been escalating ever since. The tea party created this monster and then most sane republicans (of which still exist, they are just sidelined) wonder how the monster became the face of the republican party.
tony5732

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@revelette2,
It happened because of radical changes from liberals. Obamacare, gay marriage, Black Lives Matter, gun control push, etc. I'm personally just pessimistic about our future. I don't know how we are going to get out of debt, once our national credit card maxes out the Obama plan is going to be over. I see why people don't like Trump, I do. Hillary is not going to get us out of debt, or even put it in the right direction. We are going to be bankrupt, we are going to get weak, and we are going to be in an economic crisis again.
revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:58 am
@tony5732,
Quote:
we are going to get weak, and we are going to be in an economic crisis again.

Like we was under Bush?
tony5732

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:19 am
@revelette2,
Hey, I didn't like him either, but yes. Exactly like it was with Bush. Except now we will be trying to fund a war AND an excessive amount of social programs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:56 am
Outrage as Trump Inspired Candidate Wants to 'Make America White Again'
Source: http://www.nbcnews.com

A Donald Trump-inspired congressional candidate has sparked outrage by plastering "Make America White Again" on billboards in eastern Tennessee.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2016_25/1592506/160623-white-again-mbe-506p_97d3c3b399a006b9f17e4cfc0d132176.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

Rick Tyler, an Independent running in the 3rd District that includes the city of Chattanooga, almost immediately started catching hell for his racist spin on the presumptive Republican presidential candidate's slogan, "Make America Great Again."

So far there has been no response from the Trump campaign. But by Thursday the offending billboards located near Benton, Tennessee were taken down down after outraged residents complained, NBC affiliate WRCB reported.

Tyler insisted he had no hatred in his heart for "people of color." He told WRCB he just wants America to go back to a "1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration."

Read more: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/outrage-trump-inspired-congressional-candidate-wants-make-america-white-again-n597916

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 06:00 am
Autopsy: Oklahoma inmate's death a homicide; no charges yet
Source: Associated Press

Autopsy: Oklahoma inmate's death a homicide; no charges yet

Daniel C. Houston, Associated Press
Updated 8:42 pm, Thursday, June 23, 2016

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Prosecutors were awaiting the results of a state agency's investigation Thursday before deciding whether to file charges in the case of an Oklahoma inmate who was restrained by jail staff and died of strangulation.

An autopsy determined Darius Robinson, 41, died from asphyxiation caused by "manual compression of the neck" in April while he was held at Caddo County Jail about 60 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, according to a report released Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Oklahoma. The medical examiner classified Robinson's death as a homicide.

"No charges have been filed at this point," Caddo County District Attorney Justin Hicks told The Associated Press in an emailed statement. "The case is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation."

. . .

According to that account, Robinson became violent and agitated and charged at jailers, who used pepper spray and placed him in a neck hold to subdue him. Robinson became unresponsive while handcuffed on the floor, the sheriff's office told the medical examiner.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Autopsy-Oklahoma-inmate-was-restrained-choked-8321277.php
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:21 am
Freddie Gray verdict: 'A long way from justice'

Evil or Very Mad
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:21 am

Police Officer Who Drove Freddie Gray Van Acquitted, Baltimore Community Reacts Angrily

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/freddie-gray-van-driver-found-not-guilty-baltimore-community-reacts

Goodson is the third officer of six to be tried in the death of Freddie Gray.
By Alexandra Rosenmann / AlterNet
June 23, 2016

Officer Caesar Goodson, the van driver in the Freddie Gray case, was charged with seven different crimes—from second degree “depraved heart” murder to reckless endangerment. He was found not guilty on all charges today by Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams.

ADVERTISING

Additional charges included manslaughter, assault and misconduct in office. Gray died due to the injuries he incurred while in the custody of the Baltimore City Police on April 19, 2015, a week after being put in Goodson’s van. “Murderer!” chanted protesters outside the courthouse after the verdict was released.

“This was a tragic event and I think the uncertainty about what really happened is what has given rise to these officers being charged,” Warren Brown, a Baltimore defense attorney, said.

Tessa Hill-Aston, president of the Baltimore City Branch of the NAACP, also spoke out after the announcement was made. “Everybody in Baltimore that lives in certain neighborhoods knows exactly the definition of what a rough ride is… A lot of them don’t die. But in this case, Freddie Gray is dead, and no one will pay for it,” Hill-Aston added.

Goodson is the third officer to be let off the hook in the death of Freddie Gray. Three more are charged.

Alexandra Rosenmann is an AlterNet associate editor. Follow her @alexpreditor.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:22 am
@revelette2,
I was thinking of you when I found the article above. How in the Hell does this happen?????
revelette2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't know, but, it makes riots suddenly make sense.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:14 pm
@revelette2,
It makes me embarrassed. I am so angry and I don't know what I would say. If Freedie Gray's mother were in front of me, I'd be too mortified to say anything. Losing my children has alwaysalwaysalways been my first fear. And to lose a child as Freddie Gray was lost is not even comprehend-able. I am shocked even though I thought he'd only be 50/50. And this is the driver, the one most culpable.

Let alone manslaughter by depraved indifference, why wasn't he at least cited for what everyone involved that's still living agrees was driving dangerously.

I can't blame public disturbance over this. I'm surprised there hasn't been much of it. I think the Black community if anything has shown much restraint.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
RABEL222

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:47 pm
@oralloy,
Creamed your jeans just thinking about it dident you Ollie?
reasoning logic

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Creamed your jeans just thinking about it dident you Ollie?

I keep learning these new words. What does it mean to cream your jeans? Is this something you and others do often?
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Excellent q.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 05:48 am
The Fining of Black America
By Dan Kopf ·

In March 2010, years before Ferguson, Missouri, became known for sparking the Black Lives Matter movement, the city’s Finance Director contacted the Chief of Police with a solution to the city’s budget problems.

The Finance Director wanted the police to generate more revenues from fines — money paid for infractions like traffic violations and missing court appointments. He warned that the city would be in financial trouble “unless ticket writing ramps up significantly before the end of the year.” “Given that we are looking at a substantial sales tax shortfall,” he wrote, “it’s not an insignificant issue.”

The Finance Director’s request surfaced as part of the U.S. Department of Justice’s investigation of the Ferguson Police Department. The investigation was instigated by the civil unrest that followed the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old African American man named Michael Brown in August 2014. Its goal was to better understand why the citizens of Ferguson felt so at odds with the police department chartered to protect them.

The Justice Department concluded that the mistrust between the police and the community primarily resulted from excessive fining. “Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather than by public safety needs,” the report read. The use of fines to fund the government undermined “law enforcement legitimacy among African Americans in particular.”

much more
http://priceonomics.com/the-fining-of-black-america/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
Not any more. Its a sexual thing, use your imagination.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 06:04 am
Here's one that informs on two different issues:

Men to join Detroit effort to pay for rape kit testing
Source: Detroit Free Press

12:02 a.m. EDT June 28, 2016

More than 100 men to join African American 490 Challenge to raise money to get abandoned rape kits tested

Eight months after hundreds of African-American women stood up and announced plans to help pay for thousands of abandoned rape kits to be tested and the crimes investigated, more than 100 black men and dozens of businesses and organizations will join them, the groups will announce today.

The men plan not only to raise money but also to become eyes and ears across the community to increase safety for women and children.

The campaign’s chairman, Ron Rickman, said his message to African-American men in Detroit is simple: "This ain't right in our community. What are we going to do to protect our women?"

<snip>

“I sent out a mandate that I want my guys in the community with their eyes and ears out, watching, looking, being aware, watching for our residents, not only African Americans, but all of our residents, especially our children for safety. Watch for suspects. Watch for guys who don’t seem right.”

Read more: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/06/27/men-join-detroit-effort-pay-rape-kit-testing/86447402/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 06:29 am
Former Ann Arbor resident reflects on saving man from beating

By Martin Slagter
on June 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM
updated June 24, 2016 at 11:57 AM

http://image.mlive.com/home/mlive-media/width960/img/ann-arbor_photos/photo/keshia-thomasjpg-2b73a475f0120465.jpg

... Thomas' moment came under unexpected circumstances – crouched over a white supremacist sympathizer, providing a human shield from anti-Ku Klux Klan protesters who began attacking him at a rally 20 years ago.

The image of Thomas, then an 18-year-old black teenager living in Ann Arbor, protecting the man decked in a confederate flag shirt and sporting an SS tattoo, has become an iconic symbol of peace and altruistic virtue for many over the past two decades ...

"We all have a conscience and it was my responsibility to do what I felt was right," Thomas said in a phone interview on June 23, the day after the 20-year anniversary of the incident ...

Thomas, who now resides in Houston, learned McKeel Jr. died a couple of months ago when McKeel's son called to inform her, putting his 12-year-old sister on the line to tell her she might not be alive if it hadn't been for Thomas' actions that day ...

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/06/saving_man_from_beating_at_kkk.html
0 Replies