The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

izzythepush

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 01:26 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
So I will not be hearing you demean rich people anymore....right?

That shot right over your head. Satire is about making the privileged feel uncomfortable.

When rich people like the Kochs use their vast wealth to make the World a nastier place they deserve a bit of demeaning, regardless of what the lickspittles think.

Btw, rich people are not a race.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 01:27 am
@Olivier5,
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/health_and_science/two_lives/2013/09/130911_TWOLIVES_CDCPoster.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg
hawkeye10

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 01:34 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Btw, rich people are not a race.

Which his how we know that the proposed definition of racism is DOA.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 04:45 am
@hawkeye10,
Try writing in coherent sentences next time.
hawkeye10

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 04:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Try writing in coherent sentences next time.

How do you figure you look when all but the dumbest understand me just fine?

WAKE UP!
izzythepush

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 05:01 am
@hawkeye10,
Like someone who can write a coherent sentence.

An inability to do so is usually an indicator of gross stupidity.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
Don't forget to wash your mouth as well.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 07:26 am
@Olivier5,
[img]Don't forget to wash your mouth as well. [/img]

And you just don't forget to just plain old wash up. Water AND soap.
Olivier5

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
If only you could use soap to clean up all your lies...
bobsal u1553115

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 02:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
If only you could use soap to clean up all your lies...

I wouldn't need to spend anywhere the amount of time for you'd need to do the same thing for yourself.

Why don't you just stop your endless petty insults? You might just find out people will pay more attention to your opinions and posts.
Olivier5

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Contrary to you, I try to never ever lie. Whenever I state something that is proven to be false, I will always put that on record and admit to being wrong. And I never insult people who haven't insulted me copiously before, as you did for instance.

Why don't you stop badmouthing people and inventing lies about them? You may find that people will pay more attention to your opinions and posts.
izzythepush

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:26 am
@Olivier5,
There's no lying, Charlie Hebdo printed a picture of a black French politician as a monkey. The fact that people around the World find it deeply racist is understandable.

You're the one peddling lies by insisting such a picture can be anything other than racist.

Perhaps Hebdo were more about lampooning the French National Front, but they used shock racist imagery in order to do that. Their intention may not have been racist, (note my use of the word may,) but the tactics they employed most certainly were.
Olivier5

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
I don't think you care enough to understand this issue, Izzy. You care just enough to trash the French, and to behave as a useful idiot for the National Front in the process. That latter part you are doing splendidly.

As for Bob, he thinks this discussion is about me posting a cartoon of Michelle Obama as a monkey... :-( That's how misinformed this little piece of **** is: he chips in a discussion in total ignorance of what it's about, insults me and my mother very rudely, and then advises me to change my manners...

You two are terminal assholes. That much is clear to me after this exchange. And since I don't talk to assholes... ciao ciao.
hawkeye10

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:03 am
@Olivier5,
But a Charley Hebdo thread would have been nice. It is a very interesting topic. Just recently read that having money and many Jews giving up on France and moving to Israel is cause this paper problems.
Olivier5

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:18 am
@hawkeye10,
They have too much money now, and too few contributors. Their best remaining cartoonist (Luz) is leaving in September. They don't know what to do with all the money sent to them, not being used to having any (that magazine was almost bankrupt prior to the attack). And they have a number of competitors, e.g. the Canard enchaîné, a venerable institution owned by its journalists, much more astute politically and legally.

Charlie also lost an occasion to redefine themselves, IMO. As I said elsewhere, they layered the Mohammad thing too thick, and the lack of (official, transparent) lesson learning on that is a problem. They should put out a new approach to religious caricatures -- eg still do them but less often, less aggressive ones too than they were doing before, because guess what... it's less funny now isn't it? They should redefine their ownership model, using the Canard enchaîné tried and tested system of journalist ownership.

So yeah, it's tough time for Charlie Hebdo.
hawkeye10

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:23 am
@Olivier5,
Would have been a good time to get into mocking the extreme left and the extreme right. Lots of material to work with, and it might give some people pause about supporting those politics. At some place much of the world needs to get back to the art of compromise and moving forwards.
Olivier5

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:53 am
@hawkeye10,
I hear you, but Charlie Hebdo is on the extreme left. It's in their DNA and you can't really ask them to be somebody else.

The competitor I mentioned, the "Canard enchaine", is more neutral and capable of mocking pretty much everybody. One slayed cartoonist, Cabu, used to worked in both publications. Both CH and the CE have a zero advertisement policy to protect their independence.

Incidentally, the Canard is the only newspaper I know of that refused to produce an online version. As a result, and unlike most French newspapers, they are not struggling to survive, since people still have to buy the paper copy... :-) They are doing very well.

bobsal u1553115

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 07:58 am
@Olivier5,
Dipshit - my freaking point is the portrayal of ANY person of color as any sort of animal is racist and if you can't 'get' that ...... you ARE a racist.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:38 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You two are terminal assholes. That much is clear to me after this exchange. And since I don't talk to assholes... ciao ciao.

I'll believe that when I see it. Portraying black people as monkeys is always racist, regardless of whether the intention is racist or not, and you don't seem to understand that.

Charlie Hebdo is not remotely satirical, it's the printed equivalent of a shock jock.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 17 Aug, 2015 09:02 am
@hawkeye10,
By the way, there were three threads devoted to the attack on Charlie Hebdo:

http://able2know.org/topic/264434-1 (started by Farmerman)

http://able2know.org/topic/264386-1 (started by Set)

http://able2know.org/topic/264397-1 (started by Osso)
0 Replies