ATHEISTS ONLY

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 04:33 pm
@hingehead,
If she wants "real"...

...she should stop the pretend, laughingly forced philosophy...

...and just acknowledge that she does not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence...

...so the idea of gods may or may not be right.

But...atheists have a tough time doing that...don't they?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 05:45 pm
There is nothing of value that necessitates making a distinction. It isn't about certainty or beliefs to me. If it helps you, call it a difference in opinion
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 05:46 pm
@thack45,
as long as it's crispy, you can call it whatever you'd like
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 07:13 pm
I just saw this article, interesting read.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28192296/lawsuit-claims-illegal-religious-activities-at-florence-high

Lawsuit claims illegal religious activities at Florence High School
By Yesenia Robles
The Denver Post
POSTED: 05/26/2015
a clip to start it, won't post the whole thing.

A teacher in southern Colorado is suing his school district claiming the district's only high school "operates largely to promote the evangelical Christian ideals" of a local church that operates in the school.

Robert Basevitz's lawsuit against the Fremont Re-2 School District was filed Tuesday in federal court in Denver. School district officials said they have not been served and could not yet comment.

Randy Pfaff, the pastor of The Cowboy Church at Crossroads, said he will not apologize for being in Florence High School.

"I don't believe the Constitution was meant to keep God out of the schools. That's absolutely absurd," Pfaff told The Denver Post on Tuesday in a phone interview. "This nation was founded on Christianity."

Pfaff's evangelical church, which rents cafeteria space at Florence High for Sunday morning services, hosts prayer every morning before school around the flagpole and hosts Bible study and pizza during lunch in a school classroom.

Pfaff said having prayer every morning was the idea of a student almost four years ago. He can no longer recall who that student was.

Basevitz's attorney, Paul Maxon, said the school's involvement with the church created an environment where Basevitz, who is Jewish, felt excluded. According to the lawsuit, students have singled him out for being Jewish.

"Public institutions are supposed to be equally welcoming and accepting of everybody," Maxon said Tuesday, "but Mr. Basevitz didn't find a welcoming atmosphere."
end clip/there is quite a bit more text

LAWSUIT: Read the complete court document (this is a link shown mid article)
rosborne979

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I just saw this article, interesting read.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28192296/lawsuit-claims-illegal-religious-activities-at-florence-high

Lawsuit claims illegal religious activities at Florence High School
By Yesenia Robles
The Denver Post
POSTED: 05/26/2015
a clip to start it, won't post the whole thing.
"I don't believe the Constitution was meant to keep God out of the schools. That's absolutely absurd," Pfaff told The Denver Post on Tuesday in a phone interview. "This nation was founded on Christianity."
end clip/there is quite a bit more text

The Pastor's interpretation of the Constitution is irrelevant (and incorrect). And this nation was not founded on Christianity.

For every one of these cases that come to light, I would bet that there are hundreds which go unmentioned.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 07:50 pm
@rosborne979,
That's what I was thinking. Maybe more than hundreds.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 03:45 am
What a jackass Blue is. At not time did i make any suggestion to the effect that there is such a thing as "religious DNA." If you have to grossly distort what someone writes to make your argument, you've lost right at the outset.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 06:41 am
Religious DNA. I knew I was missing something.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:25 am
@Setanta,
You wrote of "Jewish DNA", which pretty much everybody else than Blue understood as being only a poor turn of phrase. The classy thing to do is to recognize that this phrasing could be misleading. It's impossible to tell if someone is Jewish or not simply by looking at his or her DNA. Palestinians are very close genetically to Sephardi, and probably indistinguishable from them based on DNA alone. This could simply reflect that many Palestinian Jews converted to Christianity or Islam, way back when; or it could be that all semitic people have more or less the same gene pool. Or a combination of both.

As for Ashkenazi, they tend to be closer to Slavic and Germanic people due to interbreeding. That's why many studies about the genetics of the Jews focus on the Y chromosomes of the Cohen, who are all supposed to descend from the same Levi on the male side. This narrow sub-sample (maybe 10% of the whole population) allows researchers to look at gene sequences which have been relatively protected from interbreeding with local populations through many generations. In theory you can't be a Cohen if you're not a son of a Cohen, while this is not true for the rest of the population.

I do agree the Lemba are probably connected to the Jews somehow, based on a combination of evidence, not least their own legends. The DNA traces could easily have been left by Arab merchants who were very active along the east coast of Africa, ruled Zanzibar, etc.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:41 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/17/f7/3b17f7530b3f6b169603c2d0b8af063f.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 08:09 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/d1/0b/bbd10b5360ab8b43f9277d733dddf9eb.jpg

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 10:00 pm
The word "Jewish" refers first and foremost to a religion. Secondarily, it refers to the culture that developed from that religion. What's more, to the Zionists "Jewish" refers to a nationality. The idea of a cultural or national DNA is as inane as the thought of a religious "Jewish DNA." It’s as vacuous as the idea of "Arab DNA" or “American DNA” or “Buddhist DNA.”

Needless to say, to refer to the people who adhere to the religion and or culture as having a DNA describable as "Jewish" isn't only inane it's racist.

If this poster didn’t intend to imply any of the above by the stupidity that he wrote he should put more thought into what he writes before he bloviates all over these threads.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 02:59 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/d1/0b/bbd10b5360ab8b43f9277d733dddf9eb.jpg

It is like CANCER to atheism also. Atheists avoid questions like the plague. Atheists want to pretend they are smart, logical, and observant of science...but they are no smarter, more logical, nor observant of science than are theists.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:18 am
@edgarblythe,
You were not the only who was missing something. Blue is still trying to make a claim based on that stupidity.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 07:47 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFm0TNQWgAAhfDR.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:17 pm
Class? All this poseur has is thoughtless drivel and asinine ad hominems.
hingehead

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 09:56 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/9f/d4/6d9fd455c378ab136ec89dc52ed9d759.jpg
chai2

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 10:00 pm
This video is long, and it doesn't get interesting until a few minutes in. Then it gets real edumacational.

I enjoyed it.

I especially liked it when he breaks his serious character and say something like "Acts (in the bible) is basically bullshit"
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 10:01 pm
Pbpbpbt.. Einstein.. What'd he know?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 10:16 pm
@thack45,
I bet he knew 2+2=4.