Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:18 pm
@woiyo,
Of all the candidates, Christie is the last on my personal list.

I'd vote for Donald Trump over him.

Hell...I'd vote for Ted Cruz or Rand Paul over him.

The very last thing in the world this country needs...is our governor as its chief executive.
woiyo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Who cares Frank.

All I said was the only candidate who was specific about cuts was Christie. All the others sound the same to me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:56 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Who cares Frank.

I care, for one. You should, for another. Everyone else also.

Quote:
All I said was the only candidate who was specific about cuts was Christie. All the others sound the same to me.

Oh, he was very "specific" about what he was going to do here in New Jersey. And perhaps he will. But we're still waiting...and none of us are holding our breath!!!

Or you can choose from column 2: Promises and specifics are a dime a dozen from politicians.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The very last thing in the world this country needs...is our governor as its chief executive.

Dude, I don't think much of Christie - I think he's a scumbag bully, in fact. But I must not know all there is to know if you'd vote for a crazy soulless maniac Joe McCarthy like Cruz before you'd vote for Christie.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:39 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Dude, I don't think much of Christie - I think he's a scumbag bully, in fact. But I must not know all there is to know if you'd vote for a crazy soulless maniac Joe McCarthy like Cruz before you'd vote for Christie.

All you have to know if...sometimes I exaggerate in order to make a point! Embarrassed

Damn...caught again!
snood

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ha Smile

NP
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:46 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Joe McCarthy

Let's have both sides on Mc Carthy. And remember what Communism is. The ideology never died.

Quote:
Using new information obtained from studies of old Soviet files in Moscow and now the famous Venona Intercepts — FBI recordings of Soviet embassy communications between 1944-48 — the record is showing that McCarthy was essentially right. He had many weaknesses, but almost every case he charged has now been proven correct. Whether it was stealing atomic secrets or influencing U.S. foreign policy, communist victories in the 1940s were fed by an incredibly vast spy and influence network.

The conference, a gathering of old McCarthyites and younger scholars, commemorated the senator’s first speech, in Wheeling, W. Va., 50 years ago, when he first held up a list of names of employees of the State Department whom, he said, were major security risks. McCarthy questioned how, in six short years after America’s winning of World War II, the communist world was triumphant and had expanded to include 800 million people.

Of the lists, a key one consisted of 108 names from a House Appropriations Committee report, of persons declared as “security risks” in the State Department — the Lee List. The House committee chairman had complained that State wasn’t bothering to do anything about the suspects. Details of the list and its accusations were presented at the conference.

Speakers detailed many of the cover-ups used to smear McCarthy. Veteran journalist and teacher Stan Evans, director of National Journalism Center, told of the Tydings Committee, which had investigated McCarthy’s charges of communists in government. Its report had exonerated everybody. Among the accused it stated categorically that there was no evidence against Owen Lattimore, a man McCarthy said was a major figure in the communist conspiracy. Lattimore had been Roosevelt’s key advisor on China policy. Yet Evans showed evidence from 5,000 pages of FBI files on him — files released only a few years ago to the public, although the White House had access to them.

However, evidence before the committee showed that Lattimore had supported Soviet policy at every turn, even declaring that the Stalin purge trials in Russia, “sound like democracy to me.” With then-Vice President Henry Wallace in Russia, Lattimore compared concentration camps to the Tennessee Valley Authority, and later urged Washington to abandon China to communism and to withdraw from Japan and Korea. FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover, who had fed information to McCarthy, broke with him afterwards, fearing McCarthy would prejudice FBI sources of information for its criminal prosecutions.

Although most of McCarthy’s cases involved actual spies and “security risks,” the really important issue was that of communist influence over American foreign policy, argued Evans. Harry Hopkins, Roosevelt’s closest advisor who lived in the White House, had regular contacts with Soviet intelligence. He helped bring about the disastrous Yalta and Pottsdam agreements. The Morganthau Plan, to prevent German reconstruction and starve the Germans to make them desperate enough to go communist, was the product of Laughlin Currie and Harry Dexter White at the Treasury Department. The abandonment of Chiang Kai-shek by denying military support was the product of “China Hands” led by John Stewart Service, John Patton Davies, and Lattimore. Evans described other major spy networks — in England, the Burgess Maclean group which infiltrated Washington as well as London.

Reed Irvine, chairman of Accuracy in Media, told how he himself had been a leftist in his early career. He had been against McCarthy, but McCarthy’s speeches had made him think and start to read “evidence that I had avoided.” He described how all during his military career as a Marine officer and later in Japan with the U.S. occupation he had never hidden his leftist views and later had even been offered a job at the CIA. Irvine argued that real communists were only in the hundreds, but that thousands of leftists, such as he, all feared McCarthy and had wanted him discredited.

Pulling all the latest evidence together was luncheon speaker Professor Arthur Herman. His new book, “Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America’s Most Hated Senator,” and featured in the Sunday New York Times Magazine, shows the vindication of most of McCarthy’s charges. Herman, who is also coordinator of the Smithsonian’s Western Heritage Program, said that the accuracy of McCarthy’s charges “was no longer a matter of debate,” that they are “now accepted as fact.” However, the term “McCarthyism” still remains in the language.

Asked whether McCarthy had understood all the forces arrayed against him, Herman said no, that McCarthy hadn’t realized he’d be fighting against much of the Washington establishment. President Truman was fearful that exposures would reflect on key Democrat officials, he said, and big media and the academic world were very leftist, a heritage of the Depression and World War II. High government officials also feared investigations of their past appointments and associations with people who turned out to be communists or sympathizers.

That was the reason McCarthy was so demonized, he said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2000/02/4020/#bjEM6SW6o4pwFMpx.99
snood

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 04:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Yeah, poor ole misunderstood patriot McCarthy.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yeah, poor ole misunderstood patriot McCarthy.

Patriot is a good thing.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:27 am
@snood,
Surely you must know that it is only patriots like McCarthy and Pinkie that can accuse others of crimes without evidence and the lack of evidence proves them right.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 11:19 am
@parados,
Quote:
Surely you must know that it is only patriots like McCarthy and Pinkie that can accuse others of crimes without evidence and the lack of evidence proves them right.

When it comes to patriotism your support for Obama and progressive policies shows you have none. Any love for this country is just lip service from you. You are the new "ugly American".
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 08:06 pm
@snood,
All I can say is Holy ****, being misguided is one thing but hallucinating about the virtue of Joe McCarthy and his patriotism is a special sort of clinical crazy. Poor alcoholic Joe McCarthy who drank so much during those hearings he wasn't even sure of his snitches. McCarthy tactics were so similar to communism, I'm amazed he actually thought they were a threat. McCarthy was the original Caption of the thought police, he ruined careers on a whim, he was a loathsome parasite, a disgrace to the people of Wisconsin. Remembering McCarthy as a patriot is like admiring Idi Amin for his dining habits.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 10:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
he ruined careers on a whim, he was a loathsome parasite,

This is not about Harry Reid.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 04:23 pm
Jindal wants to stop ISIS by enforcing a no-fly zone.
Quote:
The ABC host, who was filling in for George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," grilled Jindal on several positions he has taken on the conflict in Syria, ranging from arming and training opposition forces to his calling for a "no-fly zone" in the effort to combat ISIS.

"We need to enforce that no-fly -- we need to create a no-fly zone, working with our Turkish and other allies. Our Sunni allies want to do more, but they're not going to go after ISIS if that merely leaves Assad in power," Jindal said, referring to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

At that point, Raddatz jumped in and shut down Jindal's argument.

"But lets talk about a no-fly zone," she said. "ISIS doesn't have aircraft."
revelette2

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 04:26 pm
@engineer,
Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 07:20 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Jindal wants to stop ISIS by enforcing a no-fly zone.
Quote:
The ABC host, who was filling in for George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," grilled Jindal on several positions he has taken on the conflict in Syria, ranging from arming and training opposition forces to his calling for a "no-fly zone" in the effort to combat ISIS.

"We need to enforce that no-fly -- we need to create a no-fly zone, working with our Turkish and other allies. Our Sunni allies want to do more, but they're not going to go after ISIS if that merely leaves Assad in power," Jindal said, referring to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

At that point, Raddatz jumped in and shut down Jindal's argument.

"But lets talk about a no-fly zone," she said. "ISIS doesn't have aircraft."

Assad has aircraft though.

(Not that I like the idea of the US getting involved in Syria.)
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 07:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Gone. Russia would likely take a US or a NATO attempt at a no fly zone over Syria as an act of war towards Russia, and there is no way we do that. The facts on the ground matter, and America is dithered away any claims that we might have once had about being an authority.
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 07:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Gone.

What is? Assad's aircraft?

hawkeye10 wrote:
Russia would likely take a US or a NATO attempt at a no fly zone over Syria as an act of war towards Russia, and there is no way we do that.

I'm not afraid to face Russia if we have to. That said, I prefer that we stay out of Syria.

hawkeye10 wrote:
The facts on the ground matter, and America is dithered away any claims that we might have once had about being an authority.

Good. Keeping the US out of Syria was a good move on Mr. Obama's part.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 08:03 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c9/fe/36/c9fe360ad07f4a0f3697143a43ce2664.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 08:10 pm
@hingehead,
What did he write before and after that? Most likely taken out of context. I'll go with that, unless you can prove different.