When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 03:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

You know what is becoming very evident to me, Hawk?

I am beginning to think that you are unable to think rationally when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

Yup...that is what I think.

I still have not seen you point out one single place where all of her years in the elite, many spent in "public service" jobs , has made my life better.

GIve me one Frank, at least then I will know that her time on this planet has not been a total waste.

So...making your life better is the standard?

Jeez.
Baldimo

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 03:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Isn't that the whole point of voting and electing someone? You vote for the person who is going to do the most for you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 03:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

You know what is becoming very evident to me, Hawk?

I am beginning to think that you are unable to think rationally when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

Yup...that is what I think.

Dang, I was just thinking the same about you Frank. I am not sure that you can be so absolute about this. Some think she will be a good President, others think she won't. Seems to me that you should be advocating that no ones knows!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:31 pm
@Baldimo,
You were talking about bad things Obama wasn't taking credit for. Those were three of the worst things in America.
Baldimo

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:35 pm
@izzythepush,
That is actually funny, I'll laugh at that one.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 05:10 pm
Maybe now she'll give it up...

Bernie wins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/polls-show-bernie-sanders-winning-the-democratic-nomination_b_8069452.html
RABEL222

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Thank you Hawk. By disagreeing with me and calling me a chump you have confirmed my opinion is the correct one.
RABEL222

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:58 pm
@Lash,
Hope springs eternal. If you get Bernie in how much have the Koch boys promised you? Of course he is going to have to be elected by the demo caucasus which might be a problem for you to control as you have tried to do here with your ultra conservative lies.
Lash

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 01:39 am
@RABEL222,
Psycho.
revelette2

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 06:28 am
Bryan Pagliano, Clinton’s Former Tech Staffer, Will Plead The Fifth In Email Investigation
Quote:

A former State Department staffer who worked on Hillary Clinton’s email server is planning to invoke his Fifth Amendment right to avoid testifying before Congress about it, according to a memo obtained by ThinkProgress.

Bryan Pagliano, who also worked as the IT director on Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign, will not testify in order to avoid unsubstantiated attacks from Republicans, who have been frequently accusing Clinton of criminality for using a personal email server while serving as Secretary of State.

Considering there has so far been no evidence of criminal conduct, the memo asserted, it made sense for Pagliano to avoid risking erroneous coverage of his testimony.

“It is understandable that attorneys for Mr. Pagliano have advised him to assert his constitutional right not to testify given the onslaught of reckless accusations of criminal conduct that continue to be made by many Republicans — including several running for President — without evidence to support their claims,” read the memo, sent on Wednesday to the House committee investigating the 2012 Benghazi attack. The memo, sent from the House Benghazi Committee Democrats, cited a letter received on Monday from Pagliano’s attorneys.

According to the Washington Post, that letter also cited the current FBI investigation into Clinton’s email as a reason for Pagliano to plead the Fifth. The FBI is investigating Clinton’s use of a personal email server while serving as Secretary of State, specifically whether the use of that server jeopardized national security information.

The FBI investigation is not criminal and does not accuse Clinton of wrongdoing. No accusations of criminality have been made from the Justice Department, State Department, or FBI.

Despite this, the political environment has indeed been fraught with questionable attacks. The memo itself pointed to several “reckless accusations” by Republican candidates for president, including Donald Trump (“The fact is, what she’s done is criminal”), Mike Huckabee (“This is about her violation of the law”), and Scott Walker (“A complete and thorough criminal investigation is the only way to get to the bottom of this serious matter”).

Accusations of criminality have not been limited to Republicans. Last month, the New York Times reported that Clinton may be the subject of a criminal investigation by the Department of Justice because of her personal email account, but later had to walk that back. A Times editor said the error was due to “sloppiness on deadline.“

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:21 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Thank you Hawk. By disagreeing with me and calling me a chump you have confirmed my opinion is the correct one.

Its the gold standard of knowing you're right!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
She not all that progressive. Pro war, pro prison, pro TPP, pro frack, pro Keystone............
Frank Apisa

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 12:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

She not all that progressive. Pro war, pro prison, pro TPP, pro frack, pro Keystone............

The progressive, safety net programs I want protected and expanded...have a great deal better chance of being protected and expanded with her as president than with any Republican as president.

engineer

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 12:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I also think she will move left if elected simply because she does not need to triangulate to the center anymore.
Lash

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 02:49 pm
Joe likes Bernie, sends message to Hillary - as if his possibly entry into the race doesn't spell it out for Hillary-lickers.

http://ringoffireradio.com/2015/09/biden-shocks-hillary-crowd-by-stating-bernie-sanders-doing-a-helluva-job/
Frank Apisa

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 03:00 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I also think she will move left if elected simply because she does not need to triangulate to the center anymore.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, Engineer.

The Hillary haters on the right will continue to hate and vilify her no matter what. The Hillary haters on the left (or pretending to be on the left) are going to sulk.

I'm going to laugh out loud at both groups.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 03:20 pm
@engineer,
But she's a righty. A Goldwater Girl from a family of Republicans.

She won't move left when she has nothing to fear - she'll move to who she is: right.

She authored Bill's Three Strikes, prison pay-off scheme to incarcerate blacks, welfare changes... She's behind Bill's cruel right platform. Believe it.

you people don't know your candidate. http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/11/395302391/5-things-you-should-know-about-hillary-clinton
engineer

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 03:55 pm
@Lash,
Clinton's first two years were a lot more left that the latter six. I think she's learned from Bill's and Obama's terms that the Republicans aren't going to negotiate regardless of any righty moves.
hawkeye10

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 04:04 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Clinton's first two years were a lot more left that the latter six. I think she's learned from Bill's and Obama's terms that the Republicans aren't going to negotiate regardless of any righty moves.

From 1992, long before the R's could be blamed for anything Clinton did/said

http://www.livingroomcandidate.org/commercials/1992/second-chance
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 04:07 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
She authored Bill's Three Strikes, prison pay-off scheme to incarcerate blacks, welfare changes... She's behind Bill's cruel right platform. Believe it

I believe that it is correct to say that both Clintons believed at the time that the major problem with the underclass is that they dont see enough stick. Many changes where made at the Washington level to ramp up stick using.

Quote:
Why is the new law so bad? To begin with, it turned out that after all the noise and heat over the past two years about balancing the budget, the only deep, multi-year budget cuts actually enacted were those in this bill, affecting low-income people.

The magnitude of the impact is stunning. Its dimensions were estimated by the Urban Institute, using the same model that produced the Department of Health and Human Services study a year earlier. To ensure credibility for the study, its authors made optimistic assumptions: two thirds of long-term recipients would find jobs, and all states would maintain their current levels of financial support for the benefit structure. Nonetheless, the study showed, the bill would move 2.6 million people, including 1.1 million children, into poverty. It also predicted some powerful effects not contained in the previous year's analysis, which had been constrained in what it could cover because it had been sponsored by the Administration. The new study showed that a total of 11 million families—10 percent of all American families—would lose income under the bill. This included more than eight million families with children, many of them working families affected by the food-stamp cuts, which would lose an average of about $1,300 per family. Many working families with income a little above what we call the poverty line (right now $12,158 for a family of three) would lose income without being made officially poor, and many families already poor would be made poorer.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1997/03/the-worst-thing-bill-clinton-has-done/376797/
0 Replies