When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

izzythepush

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:23 am
@Lash,
It's an indication of what she would be like.

What you don't seem to understand is that your support for Dubya, the worst president ever to be inflicted on the world, discredits most of what you say. When given the chance, you made the wrong call, (twice.)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:23 am
"Hillary Helps a Bank—and Then It Funnels Millions to the Clintons"

The Swiss bank UBS is one of the biggest, most powerful financial institutions in the world. As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton intervened to help it out with the IRS. And after that, the Swiss bank paid Bill Clinton $1.5 million for speaking gigs. The Wall Street Journal reported all that and more Thursday in an article that highlights huge conflicts of interest that the Clintons have created in the recent past.

If you’re Bill Clinton and your wife has recently intervened, in her capacity as a cabinet secretary, to help a giant corporation avert a significant threat to its bottom-line, the very least you could do, if only to avoid the appearance of impropriety, is to avoid negotiating seven-figure paydays with that same corporation. This is particularly jaw-dropping because ultra-wealthy Bill Clinton has virtually unlimited opportunities to give lucrative speeches to any number of audiences not directly implicated by decisions that his wife made as secretary of state.

But maximizing the Clinton family’s wealth and power requires him to speak before the very wealthiest paymasters. And that’s exactly what the ex-president has done.

As McClatchy noted last month in a more broadly focused article that also mentions UBS, “Ten of the world’s biggest financial institutions––including UBS, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup and Goldman Sachs––have hired Bill Clinton numerous times since 2004 to speak for fees totaling more than $6.4 million. Hillary Clinton also has accepted speaking fees from at least one bank. And along with an 11th bank, the French giant BNP Paribas, the financial goliaths also donated as much as $24.9 million to the Clinton Foundation––the family’s global charity set up to tackle causes from the AIDS epidemic in Africa to climate change.”

One needn’t believe that there’s ever been any quid pro quo to see that this matters.
more:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/hillary-helps-a-bankand-then-it-pays-bill-15-million-in-speaking-fees/400067/
0 Replies

snood

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:30 am
@Lash,
I don't think Frank is saying you have bats in the belfry because you refuse to support Hillary. I think he's saying you have bats in the belfry because of the singular glaze-eyed zeal with which you heap denigration on Hillary coupled with the sycophantic idolatry you express about "Bernie". Both candidates have strengths and weaknesses. You will allow for only the weaknesses of one, and only the strengths of the other. It doesn't come across as rational.
oralloy

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:50 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
If Hillary wasn't a DINO, you'd have a point. She's as hawkish as Bush, with the added scourge of being slippery enough to make you defend her when she takes us to war.

War protects us from those who seek to do us harm. It's like self defense, only on a national scale.

I can't abide her corruption either, but I can't fault Hillary for wanting to protect me from harm.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:51 am
The emails reported by McClatchy which were from five different intelligence agencies were not classed as classified but were classed as secret. So far Hillary is correct when she says she didn't use her personal server for classified information.

Quote:
The latest release came a day after McClatchy reported that an email released in June and four still held by the State Department contain classified information from five U.S. intelligence agencies and included material related to the Benghazi attacks.

Two inspectors general have indicated that the five emails were not marked classified at the time they were stored on her private server, but that the contents were in fact “secret.”

Clinton has agreed to testify about her email arrangements on Oct. 22 before the House committee investigating Benghazi.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article29706358.html#storylink=cpy

I am hopeful the information contained in the emails will finally put the witch-hunt over the Benghazi attacks to bed.
revelette2

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:13 am
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 09:08 am
@snood,
Well, she is definitely not alone, most republicans are rabid in the desire to pin something or anything on Hillary or anyone connected to Hillary. It is bizarre.

Top Clinton aide accused of receiving overpayments at State Dept.

Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@snood,
Frank's going to have to post a lot of bats to keep up with the millions of Americans who would never vote for Hillary Clinton.

btw - A sycophant is subservient for personal gain. Incorrect choice of words to apply to me. I'm subservient?? haha. I support Bernie Sanders because he's an incredible candidate and human being - and it is my life's dream to have someone like him in the Oval. The only gain I have in mind is to have a great president. If that is the new definition for sycophant, sign me up.

What are Bernie's character faults that compare to Clinton's?
And what do you call people who swallow Clinton's bile and corruption and still want her to have the power of the oval office? Interested in your vocab these days.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 09:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don't think Frank is saying you have bats in the belfry because you refuse to support Hillary. I think he's saying you have bats in the belfry because of the singular glaze-eyed zeal with which you heap denigration on Hillary coupled with the sycophantic idolatry you express about "Bernie". Both candidates have strengths and weaknesses. You will allow for only the weaknesses of one, and only the strengths of the other. It doesn't come across as rational.

The posting was the kind of thing I have been trying to avoid in the interests of being civil and respectful. I probably should simply have ignored her last screed.

But you are correct, Snood, it has nothing whatever to do with Lash not supporting Hillary or with her supporting Bernie. It has to do with irrationality of her recent posts.

Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 10:22 am
I guess if you make sure what you say and who you talk to is untraceable by your boss, you can hide any number of things.

Huma Abedin was given special clearance to dabble both as Hillary's chief of staff and raise money for Clinton's seemingly billion dollar library. Now, there's evidence of pretty exorbitant overpayment, but Hillary's scrubbed out server and refusal to use secure server oversteps justice.

Who thinks she'd abide by the rules as president?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/01/top-clinton-aide-reportedly-received-overpayments-at-state-department/
Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 10:24 am
@revelette2,
Couldn't possibly be because Hillary is responsible for all of it? Why do you defend her?
Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 11:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
A word about civility of respectful behavior: A person with integrity either avoids stooping to personal dispute in a debate or speaks forthrightly their opinion directly to the person they intend to communicate with.

Surreptitious, passive aggressive pictures with no comment falls below your stated, disingenuous "interests of being civil and respectful."

parados

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 11:28 am
@Lash,

This story is the perfect example of how facts are twisted to try to attack Clinton.
Lack of facts are not facts. Guilt by association is not something we normally do in the US but when it comes to politics, everything seems to be OK.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 11:49 am
@Lash,
No I don't think it is, just same old go after the Clintons by the same people who have always have had it in for them. When those folks keep tacking things on, it just starts to look political rather than any legitimate concerns.

Grassley claims she got paid even though she was on vacation and maternity leave when evidence from the IG shows she worked extensively both times. There was no evidence to back up Grassley's other claims. Huma Abedin is contesting the first claim.

Washington Post source

I suggest not using fox news as your source, it doesn't do any good for your claims. It would be like me using MSNBC.

Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 12:13 pm
The story was at the top of five or six with similar titles. Didn't notice it was written by Fox. Here's the second from the stack.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-clinton-aide-accused-of-receiving-overpayments-at-state-department/2015/07/31/978d622a-3794-11e5-9739-170df8af8eb9_story.html

Reading a few of them, it seems that Republicans are chasing rabbits down holes that will lead to how bad Hillary's decision to use her own server was. They're making a case.
parados

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 12:53 pm
@Lash,
Sure, they are making a case just like they made a case every other time. A lot of white noise and not much fact. I notice Hillary still isn't in jail for all the other times they had her dead to rights for criminal activity.

Either they are making political attacks, they are the most incompetent fact finders around or Hillary is the most devious criminal mind that has ever existed. I vote for the first. Which you do you thing is true, Lash?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 01:05 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

A word about civility of respectful behavior: A person with integrity either avoids stooping to personal dispute in a debate or speaks forthrightly their opinion directly to the person they intend to communicate with.

Surreptitious, passive aggressive pictures with no comment falls below your stated, disingenuous "interests of being civil and respectful."

No it doesn't, Lash. In fact, it doesn't even reflect on them.

I...and several others...spoke to you civilly and with respect about the increasingly hostile tone of your posts.

You simply increased the venom...the nastiness.

I thought some pictures might say more than words...although I probably should simply have allowed you to continue to insult yourself.

Don't play the victim, Lash, you are not suited for it.
Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm Not a victim, just pointing out the hypocrisy of your "civility" post. My hostility is toward Hillary Clinton. Surely you won't say you haven't ever expressed hostility here. Just calling you on your ****, Frank. I feel confident you'll call me on mine. You've wallpapered the place with your opinion about my political views- and your insinuations that I'm lying about my views. How about we return to discussing politics?
bobsal u1553115

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 02:17 pm
Joe Biden Said to Be Taking New Look at Presidential Run
Source: New York Times

Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his associates have begun to actively explore a possible presidential campaign, an entry that would upend the Democratic field and deliver a direct threat to Hillary Rodham Clinton, say several people who have spoken to Mr. Biden or his closest advisers.

Mr. Biden’s advisers have started to reach out to Democratic leaders and donors who have not yet committed to Mrs. Clinton or who have grown concerned about what they see as her increasingly visible vulnerabilities as a candidate.

The conversations, often fielded by Mr. Biden’s chief of staff, Steve Ricchetti, have taken place in hushed phone calls and over quiet lunches. In most cases they have grown out of an outpouring of sympathy for the vice president since the death of his 46-year-old son, Beau, in May.

On Saturday, Maureen Dowd, the New York Times columnist, reported that Mr. Biden had been holding meetings at his residence, “talking to friends, family and donors about jumping in” to challenge Mrs. Clinton in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two nominating states.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/us/politics/joe-biden-white-house-2016-presidential-campaign.html
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@Lash,
Try to get control, Lash.

You made better, more compelling, arguments in the beginning...before you went ape.