An interesting discussion on transgendered men/women

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:55 pm
@Buttermilk,
No, I lived there until 1999, a lot of that time in Venice and I still follow a lot of what is going on there.
Dumping on me isn't the best use of your time.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:56 pm
Read up, again, the second time may work.
Buttermilk

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok.....15 years has passed since you were here. Things have changed....
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:36 pm
@Buttermilk,
Well, gee, I've visited since, that is where my family and friends are and I've done projects there since I left, some photo'd in the Times. You don't know me, don't try to size me into a small pill, diminishing, while telling all of us how much you know LA. I tend to like you, but you are high on bombast/defensiveness. Others know the place besides you.
Buttermilk

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:37 pm
@ossobuco,
LOL whatever you say...I'm over it.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:41 pm
@Buttermilk,
Noise.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 11:24 am
@Buttermilk,
They are still their biological sex because that's the result of genes and chromosomes, not macroanatomy and hormones. All the surgical procedures themself call it cosmetic surgery because that's what a vaginoplasty is. You're not 'cutting off' the penis, you're reforming it into a vulva. All men can grow breasts, and when you give males estrogen that breast develop will greatly increase.

Not to offend, I think many of the prettiest women in the world were born males, but it's basicly no different than if I wore a dress and wig and a padded bra. Am I now a woman because I look (kinda, blur your eyes hehe) like a woman, or am I still a man?

While there are in fact at least 6 biological sexes in humans (male, female, intersex, hermaphrodites, and 2 'hybrids' of the other 4,) there are perhaps unlimited genders. While we used to assume chromosomes were the end of the discussion and we're either XX (female,) or XY (male) we know now that that's not all there is, nor is everyone with a Y chromosome then male as you may be born with a penis, scortum, etc. while having just XX chromosomes.

Those who sometimes report feelings like women trapped in a man's body are at least in some instances literally that. Unfortunately, until we can change chromosomes and genes, we're in fact 'stuck; however we're born. Can change how we look and comform to some legal definition of biological sex, but not literally change that. Not yet. Near-future? I think we'll be able to as we're already maing same-sex reproduction possible and not throughthe previous surrogacy method but using both same-sex partner's own cells.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 09:53 pm
@Buttermilk,
a transsexual man has never been a man, he was always a woman trapped in a male body. If she´s fully transitioned to woman, i would´t even call her transsexual anymore: she´s a woman all senses. the only reason for not dating a transsexual would be not having completely transition to female (i mean her genitalia not being that of a woman) because being a lesbian a woman´s body it´s important to me
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 09:55 pm
@ossobuco,
boys don´t cry?
0 Replies