The Democratic Party's Long and Shameful History of Bigotry

RABEL222

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 08:52 am
@maxdancona,
It isent only jewish, muslims, and latinos. The irish, italian,and it seems anyone who is new to this country is subject to the hatred of the majority. It seems the majority just has to have someone to look down on. Ive never been able to figure out why this need to make people feel good about themselves by picking on people just trying to make a living.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 08:55 am
@mysteryman,
If we had free universal education including collage the field would level it self. Just a little reduction in our huge military would finance this.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

...As I keep pointing out to you, your hatred of Muslims is exactly the same as the hatred faced by your grandparents and mine. The slurs you throw toward Muslims and Latinos today are exactly the same as the slurs hurled toward Jewish Americans not that long ago...

Please give me specific quotes of my "hatred." I just do not care for the problems of some groups. That is not hate. And, what slurs have I thrown towards Muslims and Latinos (I have never even mentioned Latinos in my posts)? You might be confusing me with some other poster. You also might be confusing lack of concern with hatred. The two might be equal in your morality, but it is erroneous.

You make incorrect accusations. Please take your soapbox elsewhere.
Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:52 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

...People couldn't buy houses in good neighborhoods if they were Jewish...

So "good" correlates with white Gentile neighborhoods? You might be harboring more prejudices than you would like to believe. Jews could not buy homes in "restricted" neighborhoods, if you want to sound educated. Just like there were hotels in Miami that were "restricted."

"Restricted." Get it. Not "good" or "bad."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:58 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
The advantage that whites have is willing to use the capitalistic system to their advantage.

Wow! Talk about not having any sense of history.

If only the minorities had the sense to use the capitalistic system to be born white, rich and male like Foofie did.

That was an inane sentence that you ended your post above with. It was my grandparents that used the capitalist system in the U.S., so they, and their children, would not starve in the late 19th century when they came here. No one was hiring their kind, at that time, so capitalism was their life preserver, so to speak. Today, many do not need to use capitalism as their life preserver. The government won't let them sink, since we won't ask people to learn to swim, if they really do not think it behooves them to learn, in my opinion.

And, where did you get the idea that Foofie was "rich"? Perhaps, from anti-Semitic propaganda?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 10:04 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
... what slurs have I thrown towards Muslims and Latinos (I have never even mentioned Latinos in my posts)?

Foofie wrote:
You do know that the organization called La Raza means "The Race"? And, that is supposed to ingratiate themselves to mainstream America?

If some white Americans might feel that La Reconquista is happening in California, do you blame them?

http://able2know.org/topic/216168-3#post-5358326

You are one of the more blatantly bigoted members here toward Hispanic-Americans and toward Muslim-Americans. I will dig up more examples if it will help. But I suspect you are too clueless to even understand why your statements are offensive and ignorant.
Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 11:05 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
... what slurs have I thrown towards Muslims and Latinos (I have never even mentioned Latinos in my posts)?

Foofie wrote:
You do know that the organization called La Raza means "The Race"? And, that is supposed to ingratiate themselves to mainstream America?

If some white Americans might feel that La Reconquista is happening in California, do you blame them?

http://able2know.org/topic/216168-3#post-5358326

You are one of the more blatantly bigoted members here toward Hispanic-Americans and toward Muslim-Americans. I will dig up more examples if it will help. But I suspect you are too clueless to even understand why your statements are offensive and ignorant.

You are making the analytical mistake of thinking that if I point out an organization that I do not feel comfortable with, with a pro-Latino agenda, I must be racist. That is like saying because there could be a Jewish organization that is always pro-Israel, that all Jews must be of such a persuasian. So, I do not lump all Latinos in the same basket, so to speak. I do not lump all Muslims in the same basket, so to speak.

Get it? You are just too quick, in my opinion, to label someone racist, because they are discerning in their comfort zone with other groups. The basic point is that if one has to join an ethnocentric organization, that person is not just a plain vanilla type of American. One has "loyalties." That means that those "loyalties" can trump the thinking that you and I and he or she should all live in the same American mileiu, under the same social mores.

Sort of like my not wanting to associate with anyone that belongs to that Catholic organization that serves god (Opus Dei?). Too insular. Too secretive. I prefer Americans that just like apple pie, baseball, and the Pledge of the Allegiance. I also would give extra points for having been a Boy Scout or Girl Scout. Oh yes, and a veteran.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 11:41 am
@Foofie,
Think about this.

People said the sames things about Jews and the Jewish institutions they depended on in the time of your grandparents that you now say about Muslims and Hispanics, Even in this last post you are question their "loyalties" (which is a common excuse for antisemitism).

Either we accept this kind of hateful behavior in society, or we don't. Equality is a core value in American society. Muslims and Jews should be treated the same as anyone else.

I don't accept it towards anyone.

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Think about this.

People said the sames things about Jews and the Jewish institutions they depended on in the time of your grandparents that you now say about Muslims and Hispanics, Even in this last post you are question their "loyalties" (which is a common excuse for antisemitism).

Either we accept this kind of hateful behavior in society, or we don't. Equality is a core value in American society. Muslims and Jews should be treated the same as anyone else.

I don't accept it towards anyone.

You never lived off of the east coast, in Protestant America? They are Americans, in my opinion, because they cannot conceive of being anything else. However, many ethnics (Catholics/Jews) require a "narrative" when they feel totally American; otherwise, they might refer to themselves in the Archie Bunker tradition: dem Jews, dem Italians, dem Irish, dem whatever.

So, you might just not understand me as a secular Jew, since you continue to make references to American Jews as a way to "win" your argument.

Meanwhile, you know quite a bit about my background, and you have remained a cypher. What does that tell me? Well, you may have nothing to hide, but you do attempt to use, to your advantage, the knowledge that you have about me to win your argument, while withholding any information about yourself. Since this is not an even playing field, in that respect, you may sell your love of mankind to someone else. You talk of even playing fields, but use your advantage when you can.
0 Replies