Snowdon is a dummy

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 03:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Because you keep repeating the false accusation about me that "I hate America." It's all DEFENSIVE on my part to prove to others you're full of shyt!

Ah, CI. let's not quarrel anymore. Let us return to the good old days when you and I truly liked one another. I have never, ever stopped liking you as a poster, and I find you ask beautiful questions. You and I agree on so much! You have, I believe, let up on your brutal attacks against the US, and for that I'm grateful. I understand you far better than you think I do. I certainly do not wish to hurt you in any way. In many ways I love your bluntness, your straightforwardness, your lack of fear from others. The only thing I ever had against you was your attacks on America which pained me greatly.

So, what about it? Supposing you and I bury the hatchet? I don't want to lose someone like you; you and I share very much the same ideology, and I think you're special.

Marla
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 03:45 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
cicerone imposter wrote
Because you keep repeating the false accusation about me that "I hate America."

BTW, CI, I have never said you hated America. I am not inside your heart and mind to determine such is the case. I inferred your acrimonious attacks on the US resembled one who appeared to loathed the US.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 03:46 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Trust me; you don't hurt me. I'd rather shake hands than do combat.
Hatchet buried.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Trust me; you don't hurt me. I'd rather shake hands than do combat.
Hatchet buried.

Wow! You've made my day, CI. I was hoping you'd embrace such an attitude.....I so dislike being at odds with posters whom I like. Thank you.
___
One of my Representatives from congress is speaking this evening, and I must attend. See you later in the week.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 11:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
MIT Even though Frank equates condoning every thing government does with being a good American, and you seem to agree with him I violently disagree with both of you. Can you possibly believe that Viet Nam was a good war. How about Bushes two political wars for industry enrichment. People have not only the right but an obligation to condemn bad government.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 02:21 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I really appreciate the irony of being called two faced by a "feminist" who talks about what the men in her life have done for the country when asked about her own personal contribution. It doesn't sound like any of the feminists I know, they'd call you a feminist of convenience.

Have you ever considered that people can have different ethical standards from your own but still be ethical? Don't bother answering that, it's clear you haven't, like the terrorists of ISIS you can't contemplate another moral code being on an equal standing to your own. And your ethics stink, nineteenth century imperialistic enlightened despotism. You know what's best for every one else, and feel you have the God given right to tell everyone else what to do.

I always thought OmSigDavid was being unduly paranoid when he told me "liberals" hated freedom, after some exchanges with you I can see his point.

I'm pleased you've dropped the phony, schmaltzy, passive aggressive, control freak act with me, and are now showing your true colours, a rare moment of honesty. You're still doing it with the others though, after your over the top, honeyed praise of Rabel, Frank and GB, Rabel has now had the impertinence to disagree with you about something. How are you going to get him back on line? What would Kitchener do?

Being called names by you is like being called a bit of a **** by Shitty the ****, The **** House, Shitterton by the ****, Shitville, Shitrovia.

You're proof that one can share many political ideals with someone but still find them completely repulsive as a person, and nothing disgusts me more than a control freak.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 04:06 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:

MIT Even though Frank equates condoning every thing government does with being a good American, and you seem to agree with him I violently disagree with both of you. Can you possibly believe that Viet Nam was a good war. How about Bushes two political wars for industry enrichment. People have not only the right but an obligation to condemn bad government.

Happy Wednesday morning, Rabel. Neither Frank nor I have ever condoned crimes committed by the US. Also, we have never equated such an action with being good Americans. What we were both against were the slanderous verbal attacks against the US by an American. I feel such scorn deliberately aimed at one's native home to be a travesty and that was the reason for the harsh exchanges Frank and I had with CI.

Rabel, I am against all wars including the Viet Nam one; the two started under George W Bush is unforgivable and we're still seeing the aftermath amid its continued growth, particularly with Iraq, by the rise of ISIS who recently beheaded an American journalist. For all of Saddam Hussein's faults, he kept the various ethnic factions separate and under control because they feared the dictator would use his chemical arsenal on them, the way he previously did against the Kurds and some Iranians, while still great buddies with the US.

Since the Bush jr administration destabilized the Iraq system which kept the warring ethnic groups apart, it is therefore incumbent upon the US to fix what it has broken, Iraq; the consequences of this illegal invasion is coming back to affect American interests in Iraq, like the US embassy with his hundreds of American employees working there. Bombing ISIS's sites has had an effect, taking control of the Mosul's strategic dam from them, but they are retaliating by beheading a captured journalist with the promise of more decapitations to come. BTW, ISIS is one of the regions most fundamentalist groups ever, fanatical in carrying out its religious beliefs from ancient times, like cutting off hands for stealing and applying the ultimate restrictions to women.

I've a hectic schedule today so don't expect any further replies.

Ciao
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 04:08 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

MIT Even though Frank equates condoning every thing government does with being a good American...

How in the name of mother Earth can you possibly come up with this bit of nonsense, Rabel.

Quote:
...and you seem to agree with him I violently disagree with both of you. Can you possibly believe that Viet Nam was a good war. How about Bushes two political wars for industry enrichment. People have not only the right but an obligation to condemn bad government.

Yes, I agree that is an obligation...and I often "condemn" bad government.

But that has not been the discussion we are having here in this thread about the constant and unrelenting bad-mouthing of our country by ci.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

MIT Even though Frank equates condoning every thing government does with being a good American...

How in the name of mother Earth can you possibly come up with this bit of nonsense, Rabel.

It's a reasonable conclusion to come to.

Frank wrote:

But that has not been the discussion we are having here in this thread about the constant and unrelenting bad-mouthing of our country by ci.

No, that's what you want to talk about, the discussion we're supposed to be having is about Snowden. CI has been unjustly vilified by You and MIT because of his opinion about Snowden's revelations. You claim to be in favour of free speech but the second someone says something that doesn't fit with your, highly partisan, view of America you launch a smear campaign.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Turkey is in the 'back yard,' and they should have interest in the goings on in that country. They will be part of the European Union, and as such, their interest in Turkey is very important, because Germany contributes the greatest funds to the union.

Which is not the point. The point is that Merkel said they don't spy on allies. Turkey is an ally of Germany, they are a member of NATO. It is those facts which apparently has upset the opposition party in Germany, according to the article in which Walter left the other day.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 08:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

It's a reasonable conclusion to come to.

Baloney! It is totally unreasonable.

But trying to explain it again to you is just a lesson in futility.

Continue with your delusion in this regard...you apparently need it.

Quote:
Frank wrote:

Quote:
No, that's what you want to talk about, the discussion we're supposed to be having is about Snowden. CI has been unjustly vilified by You and MIT because of his opinion about Snowden's revelations. You claim to be in favour of free speech but the second someone says something that doesn't fit with your, highly partisan, view of America you launch a smear campaign.

This diversion was about exactly what I said it was about.

I understand your good feelings toward ci. He does play into your "America is disgusting" attitude.

In fact, that is why I have been contesting what he says...not because I want to vilify him. He does more than enough damage to himself.

Thank you for continuing the diversion you seem to think does not exist.

Oh...by the way: I do not think Edward Snowden is a dummy. I think he is a misguided young man who has bitten off much more than he can chew. But I still think he should he should get a fair trial.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 08:51 am
@revelette2,
Maybe, Merkel doesn't see Turkey as an ally.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
I'm not going to argue the point with you Frank, but most of what you're saying is down to your need to jump to conclusions.

I never said America was disgusting, that's something else you made up.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:05 am
@izzythepush,
Turkey has long sought entry to the EU, Germany and France are the biggest opponents of Turkey's entry.

Most Turkish migrants tend to head towards Germany, like most Afghanis tend to head towards Britain.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not going to argue the point with you Frank, but most of what you're saying is down to your need to jump to conclusions.

I never said America was disgusting, that's something else you made up.

You have on many occasions shown contempt and scorn for the United States...and in general have a very negative attitude about us.

I noted that ci seems to share those sentiments...and that I can understand you feeling comfortable with him...and for encouraging him.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Updated: August 11, 2014

Quote:
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel congratulated Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday on winning the election for the Turkish presidency and underscored the country's pivotal role in the troubled region.

"We are currently facing difficult challenges in the region," she said in a message sent to Erdogan and released by her office.

"Turkey has a major role to play in this context. I wish you success, endurance and strength for these weighty tasks."

Ms Merkel noted the "close ties based on trust" between Turkey and Germany given her country's three-million-strong population with Turkish roots.

"It is personally important to me to, together with you, maintain and strengthen the traditionally friendly relations between our two countries in the interest of our citizens."

source
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:20 am
@izzythepush,
Apparently, the trust she talked about only goes so far, then she spies. Kinda like we do, huh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
My problem is with imperialism, you can't tell the difference.

That doesn't alter the fact that I never said America was disgusting.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

My problem is with imperialism, you can't tell the difference.

Why are you saying that I cannot tell the difference, Izzy, and what am I, in your mind, unable to tell the difference between "imperialism" and "????"

Quote:
That doesn't alter the fact that I never said America was disgusting.

I will acknowledge that I have not heard you use the word "disgusting." However, I never said you used the word. I simply indicated that I think you have an "America is disgusting" attitude.

If I am wrong on this point...I am wrong. But I do not think I am wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 09:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
It doesn't matter what I say you'll believe what you want, but any accusations are a bit rich coming from you. On another thread about the benefits of American imperialism you said, notwithstanding the fact that we do not have capital punishment, a far less punitive justice system and Universal Health Care, that were Britain to have the same powers as America the behaviour would be far worse. The clear implication being that you think there is something inherently disgusting and loathsome about British people, which is why I put you on ignore in the first place. So I'll take no lectures from you.

For the record I've never given money to terrorist groups so they can kill American children. What about you Frank? Have you ever given money to Noraid?