Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You are welcome, of course, to post repetitively forever.

Lots and lots of people in this forum post very, very repetitively. You might want to consider why you are so bothered by the fact that I do it.

Quote:
I'm so sorry I went so far as to swear. Oh, wait, let me look back, I might enjoy that.

It sounded as though you enjoyed it, Ossobuco, and I understand that. I have often enjoyed swearing myself.

Quote:
Many of us understand disagreement. Calling people really bad names because you disagree with them is a/tacky), b/annoying, c/infantile, d/avoidant re issues, avoidant in general.

Try being a little open minded about the fact that ci started this thing...with many gratuitous insults. He gets his cowardly kicks doing it...and I decided to respond.

You just feel like blasting at me and giving him a pass.

That is your right.

Enjoy it.

I am! Wink

But keep in mind that ci shot many remarks my way with damn near no heed to the issue of the thread before I gave the poor little guy a shot or two...all of which he thoroughly deserved.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm aware CI is often emotional. I know him as real.

That you call CI a coward?

You have lost me.

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Frank, I've done pretty well in not addressing you for some months, but this comment to c.i. can't be ignored.

That you say c.i. hates America simply shows how far you seem to have travelled from the man I once believed you to be.

It truly saddens me to see the change in you.

I wish you well.

While I cannot defend Frank as a source of integrity, all CI ever does is run around spouting name-calling.

If anyone, Frank included, gets sick of CI's crap and decides to return fire, that should not really reflect on them. All they are doing is defending themselves. If it reflects on anyone, it should reflect on CI and his perpetually boorish behavior.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 10:00 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
A gentleman cares about anything which bothers a lady.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of ossobuco as a "lady".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:38 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm aware CI is often emotional. I know him as real.

That you call CI a coward?

You have lost me.

ci bad mouths me in posts to other people...like a child would do on a playground...or a grown up would do if a coward.

Hope that explains it.
BillRM

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:18 pm
Anyone interested in this thread is likely to find this c-span lecture by Ronald Olive dealing with the Jonathan Pollard spy case of interest for a number of reasons.

Here is the link http://www.c-span.org/video/?284892-2/book-discussion-capturing-jonathan-pollard
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 05:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
ci bad mouths me in posts to other people...like a child would do on a playground...or a grown up would do if a coward.

I've read a lot of ci's posts and I have never seen any doing that.

Perhaps more syrup on the comforter will soothe the pain.
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 08:47 am
@spendius,

Quote:
1 Chronicles 19.

King James Version.

19 Now it came to pass after this, that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon died, and his son reigned in his stead.

2 And David said, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, because his father shewed kindness to me. And David sent messengers to comfort him concerning his father. So the servants of David came into the land of the children of Ammon to Hanun, to comfort him.

3 But the princes of the children of Ammon said to Hanun, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters unto thee? are not his servants come unto thee for to search, and to overthrow, and to spy out the land?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:27 am
Merkel urged to press Obama on NSA scandal ahead of Washington talks
Quote:
[...]So far, the US government has refused to allow Merkel access to her NSA file or answer formal questions about its surveillance activities, a recent query to the German Bundestag has shown. According to a report in German magazine Der Spiegel, the NSA kept more than 300 reports on Merkel in a special heads of state databank.
[...]
Above all, the Snowden revelations have caused great damage to America's image in Germany, with NSA surveillance frequently employed as the chief argument by Germans expressing sympathy or understanding for Russia's position.

An April survey by public broadcaster ARD showed that only 45% of Germans felt their country should position itself as an integral part of a western alliance, while 49% believed Germany's proper role was as a buffer between the west and Russia.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Merkel urged to press Obama on NSA scandal ahead of Washington talks
Quote:
[...]So far, the US government has refused to allow Merkel access to her NSA file or answer formal questions about its surveillance activities, a recent query to the German Bundestag has shown. According to a report in German magazine Der Spiegel, the NSA kept more than 300 reports on Merkel in a special heads of state databank.
[...]
Above all, the Snowden revelations have caused great damage to America's image in Germany, with NSA surveillance frequently employed as the chief argument by Germans expressing sympathy or understanding for Russia's position.

An April survey by public broadcaster ARD showed that only 45% of Germans felt their country should position itself as an integral part of a western alliance, while 49% believed Germany's proper role was as a buffer between the west and Russia.

Not sure what that has to do with whether or not Snowden is a dummy, Walter... but I think he is not.

And if what our intelligence community has done damages our image in the eyes of Germans...I guess we will have to live with it. We may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect you...than you are doing in return to help protect us.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Or you may not...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Not sure what that has to do with whether or not Snowden is a dummy, Walter... but I think he is not.

I'd thought that it was mentioned in the quoted part of the linked article.

Frank Apisa wrote:
And if what our intelligence community has done damages our image in the eyes of Germans ... I guess we will have to live with it.

Okay. Seems to be exclusively our problem that we want to maintain the friendship with the USA.

Frank Apisa wrote:
We may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect you...
Helping someone is fine. Helping us is generous. However, you really shouldn't forget that at least since 1990, with the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany we were released from being an occupied country.
Trollpatrol

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:29 pm
Oh, what's this? Long thread about Snowden. Hmm, let me be helpful and humane: Snowden ain't no dummy.

Now, all of you brave patriotic types, have another beer, and keep posting lest anyone think you don't what you're talking about.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Or you may not...

A sentence like "We may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect you...than you are doing in return to help protect us"...already includes that possibility, Olivier.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I'd thought that it was mentioned in the quoted part of the linked article.

I sure didn't see it.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
And if what our intelligence community has done damages our image in the eyes of Germans ... I guess we will have to live with it.

Okay. Seems to be exclusively our problem that we want to maintain the friendship with the USA.

I think the US wants very much to remain friends...and close friends with Germany. I know of no Americans advocating that we become enemies with Germany.

Why do you think it is so one-sided.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
We may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect you...
Helping someone is fine. Helping us is generous. However, you really shouldn't forget that at least since 1990, with the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany we were released from being an occupied country.

Okay...and your point???

We are not occupying your country. We are helping...perhaps more than is apparent right now.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
We are not occupying your country. We are helping...perhaps more than is apparent right now.[/b]
As someone, who really isn't politically a friend of our chancellor and as someone, left of the centre, I really should be thankful that you spy on Merkel and business managers.
As a citizen of Germany, I'm not.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Okay so what you are really saying is that Germany may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect the US...than you are doing in return to help protect Germany...

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Okay so what you are really saying is that Germany may be doing a hell of a lot more to help protect the US...than you are doing in return to help protect Germany...

There is the possibility that Germany IS doing a lot more to help protect the US than the US is doing to help protect Germany.

What is your point?

Olivier5

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My point is, you're making a blind guess.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

My point is, you're making a blind guess.

Not a very good point, Olivier. I didn't make a guess. I posited a possibility.

As an aside, though, you may know that a golfer had to deal with all sorts of things on a golf course. An errant shot; a misread putt; a chip that comes up short; grabbing the wrong club and flying the green...and then there are the birds, deer, fox, groundhogs, geese, and other animals that cross the fairway and cause a bit of distraction. One of the least significant living creatures on the planet can be the most annoying...a gnat. A gnat will just keep buzzing round your head...and doing the kind of senseless things that gnats do. It can be annoying...I grant that. But every golfer eventually learns that the best way to deal with gnats is to just let them buzz and flit about...because that is all their life is...being annoying.

Sometimes, they actually become funny...and almost every golfer has heard himself or a playing partner actually laugh out loud at a pesky gnat...one just doing the buzzing things that gnats do. You don't even swat at them...ya just let 'em buzz and laugh at 'em.

I was just sitting here laughing and thinking about gnats while reading your last few posts, Olivier. Wink