The Bible (a discussion)

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
As far as the obligations of Christians to follow the law, I submit my opening comments in:

http://able2know.org/topic/128690-1

We can discuss the issue after you read them.
Here or there?
Olivier5

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 06:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's not very helpful... Your posts are full of crap.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:35 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
As far as the obligations of Christians to follow the law, I submit my opening comments in:

http://able2know.org/topic/128690-1

We can discuss the issue after you read them.
Here or there?

Either or both. Over in that thread, you went back to the Jesus "fulfilled the law"...which is so nebulous anything can be considered "fulfilling."

But you avoid the "until Heaven and Earth pass."

Why?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:36 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's not very helpful... Your posts are full of crap.

My posts are not full of crap. And in that response, I gave an example.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 06:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am not interested in wild chases in a sea if crap. Even your qualifiers a guesses. And that's a fact.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I am not interested in wild chases in a sea if crap.

Obviously you are...or you would have abandoned this hysteria of yours. In any case, the qualifiers are there...and they show your proclamation to be nonsense.

Quote:
Even your qualifiers a guesses.

That was mangled English...even for someone pretending to be French.

Quote:
And that's a fact.

I thought you were arguing everything is a guess???

You've dug enough, Olivier...time to take a break. Wink

Olivier5

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
For your information, a qualified guess remains a guess. Take that from a real Frenchman.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:37 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

For your information, a qualified guess remains a guess.

Can't get enough of this...can ya?

Yes, a qualified guess remains a guess...but not every qualified comment is a qualified guess.

Try to keep up.

Quote:

Take that from a real Frenchman.

I don't even think you are a man...let alone a Frenchman.

I think you are an American (possibly Canadian) woman...with some problems.

Just a guess...not pretending to be anything else but a guess.
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Either or both. Over in that thread, you went back to the Jesus "fulfilled the law"...which is so nebulous anything can be considered "fulfilling."

Why?
The law required the sacrifice of a 'perfect' animal. Jesus was perfect. Hence, he was the substitute for Adam.

And, of course, the prohibition against such things as homosexuality, adultery, theft, and murder still apply, the punishment being spiritual death, expulsion from the congregation.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:45 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Why?
The law required the sacrifice of a 'perfect' animal. Jesus was perfect. Hence, he was the substitute for Adam.

And, of course, the prohibition against such things as homosexuality, adultery, theft, and murder still apply, the punishment being spiritual death, expulsion from the congregation.

You may not have noticed this, Neo...

...BUT YOU AVOIDED THE "UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS" ONCE AGAIN.

Any reason?
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Any reason?
OK, until heaven and earth shall pass away.
I wrote:
Olivier5

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't believe you are an American either. You're just trying to pose as one to give them a bad name.

Quote:
Yes, a qualified guess remains a guess...but not every qualified comment is a qualified guess

If that were true, you'd be able to offer an example of a statement which is not a "guess"... but you don't even dare try... so courageous of you... ;-)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 12:19 pm
@neologist,

neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Any reason?
OK, until heaven and earth shall pass away.
I wrote:

So you acknowledge that JESUS said that he was not here to change one letter of the LAW...a thing he emphasized to the point of "until the Earth passes."

The Earth is still here.

The Law still stands.

In that meeting I spoke of in my thread...the only items of the LAW that were mentioned were circumcision and dietary laws.

The council definitely decided that converts did NOT have to be circumcised (actually, that Titus did not have to be circumcised)...and (disputed) that almost none of the dietary restrictions applied.

It did not touch any of the rest of the LAW.

So your earlier question of me…

Quote:
Yeah, but Frank. Why do you think the early Christians no longer followed the law?...

Makes no sense, because early Christians DID follow the LAW.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 12:26 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I don't believe you are an American either. You're just trying to pose as one to give them a bad name.

Actually...that was kinda cute and clever. Give the devil his due, I say.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, a qualified guess remains a guess...but not every qualified comment is a qualified guess

If that were true, you'd be able to offer an example of a statement which is not a "guess"... but you don't even dare try... so courageous of you... ;-)

I have given you MANY examples of statements which are not guesses. You simply do not want to accept them...and then you pretend indignation that I will not offer them.

You like to play games...and play them like a child.

But I will jump through this one hoop...just to test whether you are being a game player right now...and playing like a child.

IF you actually are a Frenchman living in France...then I am wrong in my supposition that you are actually an American (or Canadian) woman.

That is a qualified comment...and there is no guess involved.

But so that you can see that I will venture a guess...here it is again: It is my sense of things that you are not a male...that you are female...and that you are American or Canadian.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
IF you actually are a Frenchman living in France...then I am wrong in my supposition that you are actually an American (or Canadian) woman.

I can spot quite a few guesses in there. Funny you can't see that...

1. You're talking to me as if you were certain that I exist; and 2. as if you were certain I am a human being to whom consideration of gender and nationality apply. By your own standard of what can be know about reality, I could be a figment of your imagination, or a computer, or a dolphin, or a god.

3. You guess that IF I am French, I can't be Canadian or American, but I could have dual or triple nationalities...

4. Likewise, you are guessing that if I am a man, I am not a women. I could be androgynous...

5. Finally, you're making the total blind guess that logic can be trusted, that one actually can derive a "THEN" from an "IF", that propositions must be true or false, etc. As already explained to you, your trust in logic cannot be proven. It's a blind guess.

Every statement is a guess, by your definition of that term. QED
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I wrote:
Yeah, but Frank. Why do you think the early Christians no longer followed the law?...
Frank Apisa wrote:
You would have to provide some substantiation for that. Frank.
spendius

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:31 pm
@Olivier5,
I'm certain you exist Olivier. Dream figments, or whatever, don't get indignant. And ladies are very rarely given to undermining people's sense of identity unless possibly they are daring some chap to make them feel real.

It is odd that we often have some difficulty in assigning gender to posters who are trying to keep us guessing. I doubt it being possible to disguise it 100 years ago. Now it is relatively easy if the reader is not paying much attention.

You have said your are a Frenchman and in the cyber dream there is no reason to doubt that. If Apisa is worried about having his leg pulled he is short of something to worry about.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:43 pm
@spendius,
From now on, I think I'll market myself to Frank as a giant blue unicorn. French of course, and male.

He is in no position to dispute that, since he knows nothing about ultimate reality (UM for shorts), and that UM seems to include me... So for all he knows, I could be a giant blue unicorn. Literally, I mean.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 04:16 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
You would have to provide some substantiation for that. Frank.

Read Galatians and Acts, Neo...read the thread I posted.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 04:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I can spot quite a few guesses in there. Funny you can't see that...

1. You're talking to me as if you were certain that I exist; and 2. as if you were certain I am a human being to whom consideration of gender and nationality apply. By your own standard of what can be know about reality, I could be a figment of your imagination, or a computer, or a dolphin, or a god.

3. You guess that IF I am French, I can't be Canadian or American, but I could have dual or triple nationalities...

4. Likewise, you are guessing that if I am a man, I am not a women. I could be androgynous...

5. Finally, you're making the total blind guess that logic can be trusted, that one actually can derive a "THEN" from an "IF", that propositions must be true or false, etc. As already explained to you, your trust in logic cannot be proven. It's a blind guess.

Every statement is a guess, by your definition of that term. QED

You are playing games...and playing them poorly, Olivier.

I expected to get nonsense back...and nonsense is what I got.

My main kicks come from knowing I push your buttons so easily.

So...are you an American or Canadian woman?