Cancelled the wedding 4 weeks beforehand!! Help!!

helen26

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 11:24 am
I get you lol!! was so not what I thought I was walking into though. Such as life again though! Nothings ever simple!
0 Replies

helen26

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 11:30 am
Rest assured I'm backing off from the guy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 02:01 pm
Helen--

If ten foot poles didn't exist, women would have to invent them.

One of the advantages of having living through a screamingly Bad Relationship is that your common sense gets vaccinated against some forms of romantic stupidity.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 02:31 pm
and be forced to wear those poles so men could avoid them...
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:53 pm
I think he did you both a favor by cancelling the wedding. Isn't this better than ending up in divorce court?
0 Replies

helen26

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:45 pm
yep I thank him so much for the way he loved me too (said sarcastically). I'm not grateful to him for anything. he should have treated me better full stop. he cancelled not because he wanted to do us both a favour.it was becasue he realised he couldn't treat me like crap the way he wanted to after we were married. The man should have just been kinder that's what hurts. And he cancelled and expected me to stay after. His issues weren't exactly about marriage it was control and I don't thank him for setting me up for a wedding and then letting me down. it didn't need to be that way. I wish I'd realised earlier. Yeah i see what you're saying that he weirdly did me a favour but the bloke never had proper love for me. the marriage would have worked and could have stayed with the man i thought i loved and knew for so long but he wanted more all the time like some maid. He thoguht he could cancel and keep me. That's the weirdness and cruelty of it all.

don't know if i'm explaining what i mean to say properly. It's hard unless you've been in it. I blame him for his lack of compromise.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:13 pm
Helen--

He wanted you on his terms--and one of those terms was that he had a perfect right to humiliate you when it pleased him to do so.

You're better off.
0 Replies

helen26

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:59 am
I am soooooooooo happy lately!!!!
I no longer feel bad about being myself. I don't feel shy, undermined or miserable. I respect myself and I seem to be enjoying the good things in life and even the smallest things as wonderful!!!

Life is great and I am so glad I can enjoy it again. I enjoy people's company and I am no longer cynical around them like I used to be.
Boy was he making miserable!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:13 pm
Helen--

You managed that bit of spring cleaning early--now you're ready for rewards of good sense.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:54 pm
Helen - you can expect some real mood swings in the next couple of months. Your posts here show real lows and then real highs.

You need to level out . . .

Swear off men for 2 - 3 weeks (heck Cher did it for months). You are starving for attention because you have been rejected and don't know what to do with your feelings.

Stop. Slow Down. Get your life in order, physically, mentally, educationally, job wise. Ask yourself where you want to be in 5 years. Then start working at it.

Good luck. In six months you will be laughing at this whole time of your life.
0 Replies

helen26

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 07:48 am
Yep Sully you're right..............about the mood swings............

I'd say most of them are brought on by other people and their problems. Left to my own devices I am very happy. The only problem being lately my parent's marriage and divorce to deal with now. Take that away and I feel like I'm opening up to the world more now and enjoying myself. I get a lot of joy from the little things.
It does seem to be one thing after the other but that's brought on by external forces and I'm hoping that soon it will all level out a bit. Just need to be there for my dad like he was there for me now.
0 Replies