Divorce - Does It Have to Be Bad?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:14 am
I long for your bill.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:14 am
Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:15 am
Not you, soz.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:20 am
Thanks for clearing that up.

Dear Gus, I've always wanted to live in a swamp. If only we'd met sooner...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:21 am
Water under the bridge.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:49 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Montana wrote:
Oh damn!

((((((((Squinney)))))))

And the Bear goes hugless?

Of course not. I love them both, but think it's best to seperate my hugs at the moment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:19 pm
squinney wrote:
Considering he told my Mom to go to his Myspace website which shows his status as Divorced when we aren't even separated yet and she calls to ask me about it, and he's saving pictures of him with a couple of young pretty girls at one of his gigs and saved it as "Steve in mourning" (posted who knows where and not appearing to be mourning about anything) on my computer in My Pictures when he has two computers of his own, and he is posting about it on another forum and in another place posted about "come help me celebrate my divorce" ...

I wouldn't be too worried about what he finds distateful or deeply personal. He claims he doesn't want to discuss it, then discusses it himself. Obviously, I'm the only one not allowed to talk.

I won't be posting here anymore. Sorry to have brought it up. Thanks for the support.

It looks like my question was answered.

let's be a little clearer here. I was talking to shelley's mom and she asked me about my website. I sent her there innocently having no idea she didn't know about this. If squinney could announce our separation on A2K without asking me what I thought of it ON PURPOSE.... then I don't think my sending her mom to my website at her request, not knowing she didn't know is a big deal. FYI, when I learned to my surprise that squinney had not told her mom, I called her to express that I was sorry she had to learn about it that way. Susie (Shelley's Mom) is okay with it.

I have a million saved pictures of me with girls and guys partying at my gigs, some pretty some not so. That's what I do for a living. the most attractive ones I generally save to put on my sites. Promotion ya know. As for Steve in Mourning I don't apologize for that. It's meaningless. Just me being me and goofing around.

As for come help me celebrate my divorce I don't know what that's about.

as for discussing it myself, well, squinney posted about it in a public forum and seemed to think it was okay, and now is offended that I did the same.

as for listing myself as divorced when we aren't even separated yet..... the only reason for that is because my apartment won't be ready until Aug. 17th. but believe me we are not living together as man and wife and that's her choice. squinney asked for this divorce not me, and I told her to be sure that's what she really wanted because when I put the deposit down on the apartment that was it, there would be no separation, just a divorce. End. She said that's what she wanted. Now she seems offended that I would refer to myself as divorced. I don't get it.

I am taking every possible step to make our remaining time together civil, and trying to keep things on an even keel. To squinney's credit she is doing the same. It's tense, but I'm gone almost every night and she's gone almost every day.

squinney requested this divorce and was the first to speak of it openly. That's okay. But I am entitled now that the door is open to speak of it as well.

for the record, I wish squinney a happy, content and successful life.

I should have ignored this post, but felt compelled to present the other side.

Please Shelley or anyone else, let's don't let this get out of hand. What's the point of throwing **** at each other? We could both dredge plenty of ammo but then the only thing different would be that on top of everything else we'd both be covered in ****. I'll pass on that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:25 pm
((((((((((Bear))))))))))

Just want you both to know that you're equally in my heart and I wish you both the very best.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:36 pm
Montana wrote:
((((((((((Bear))))))))))

Just want you both to know that you're equally in my heart and I wish you both the very best.

could you just squeeze my butt for a minute or two Montana? It would have a calming effect on me during this vulnerable period.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:46 pm
Razz

Take care, Bear..

(But I aint gonna squeeze your butt)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:54 pm
I never liked Squinney, I won't even mention Bear.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:55 pm
nimh wrote:
Razz

Take care, Bear..

(But I aint gonna squeeze your butt)

thank goodness Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:40 pm
nimh wrote:
Re the original question:

Some divorces can certainly be for the better. My parents' divorce was definitely for the better. They both ended up a lot happier than they were before and would have been otherwise - and so did we.

But I dont know of any divorce that passes without pain, hurt, and suffering - even if both people do their utmost best to avoid argument. So I think that's why people offer their sympathies. Even should it all turn out to be for the better in the end, the divorce itself is going to be a tough storm to weather.

In that spirit, I'm sorry to hear you'll be going through this. Like so many people here, I'm very fond of both of you - you're both great people. So I wish you both the very best, and all the strength and comfort as you can muster.

What he said.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 04:06 pm
Bear, Squinney, you're inching into the he said/she said zone. Not here. Not in public. I beg you both. Shocked Sad
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 04:17 pm
nothing will be initiated by me. I promise.

Bear out. Period.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Montana wrote:
((((((((((Bear))))))))))

could you just squeeze my butt for a minute or two Montana? It would have a calming effect on me during this vulnerable period.

Ok, just this one time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:53 pm
Sadness
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:56 pm
Me too, Roger.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:28 pm