Dating Two Girls at the Same Time (Should I Start?)

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:23 am
Following along...

I don't get the part about endangering existing friendships with girl #1. That would be if you two had some kind of messy breakup where shw would be hurt? Well, honesty and real caring should take care of that..

Though some level of chilling - seems like it would both be smart (given recent sturm and drang with the girlfriend far away) and what you both want at this time.

I've no problem with adults dating multiple people, for a while, given honesty and various precautions. But then I lived through the sixties and seventies.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:42 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
George wrote:
Just make sure neither one can stay awake longer than you can.

Sage advice.

Thank you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:06 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Though I did just by her a horse, which I have named after her. I'm going to stand with it outside her apartment all day until she comes home. That's not coming on too strong is it?

Perfect! The horse's tail will come in handy when the flies begin to swarm around you in this heat.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:07 pm
Quote:
Though I did just by her a horse, which I have named after her. I'm going to stand with it outside her apartment all day until she comes home. That's not coming on too strong is it?

JPB--

You approve of keeping a horse out on the pavement in this heat?!

Squinny--

Yep. Fornication. Carnal relations without commitment are acts of fornication.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:12 pm
Well, I would hope she has a lawn that the horse could nibble on while waiting. That's probably my suburban bias showing through. Gargamel -- get that horse out of the heat!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:42 pm
The horse just died, it saddens me to report.

But it's the thought that counts, so I will present to her its rotting corpse anyway.

Pobody's nerfect!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:50 pm
Gargamel--

You sure know how to give a girl a good time.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:10 pm
Happy for you.

Slightly disappointed we won't get to hear any raunchy stories.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:21 pm
Yeah I saw Girl 1 again last night and I really made the right choice.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:56 pm
Gargamel--

You're a romantic.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:21 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Gargamel--

You're a romantic.

Hold your dominion.

Indeed.

I thought the dead horse was a little too much so I buried it in the backyard and opted for one of Hallmark's "Shoebox Greetings."

She kissed me on the top of the ear. The girl that is.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
A kiss on the top of your ear - how can such be topped?
(You didn't sell the horsemeat on Taste of Chicago by any chance, did you?)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:33 pm
Gargamel wrote:

aw, this is so cool!

Are you going to bring her to show and tell?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:36 pm
JPB wrote:
Gargamel wrote:

aw, this is so cool!

Are you going to bring her to show and tell?

Down the road, should we get there.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:47 pm
Looking forward to it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 04:05 pm
Wait a minute! You missed out on going to a Cubs-Brewers game with me to visit a woman who you broke up with anyway?

Some people have really messed up priorities.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:00 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Wait a minute! You missed out on going to a Cubs-Brewers game with me to visit a woman who you broke up with anyway?

Some people have really messed up priorities.

No, no, no, no, no. I broke up with her and cancelled the trip. About a week before. Harsh, I know.

Needless to say after so much yelling and so little sleep that week, I wasn't in a baseball mood. And particularly after Ramirez rocked Cordero in game one.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:00 am
kickycan wrote:
I have found recently that there are a lot of women who really don't care about getting serious, and would rather just let it take its own course without pushing. Of course, this is in NYC. It's different here. There are a lot more people with different ways of looking at life. And there is a certain group of people of both sexes that just want to date and screw around casually forever here.

I guess different places could possibly have different ways of looking at things, but the last two girls I dated could not have given a **** about marriage or the long-term. Of course, they were also older (mid-thirties), so that probably would give them a different outlook on life.

In other words, I guess I really have absolutely no helpful information to impart, but I didn't realize it until after I wrote all this other stuff, so I'm still posting it.

Funny that you mention NYC and the cultural differences, I live in SF and sometimes read these threads and think WTF? Then realize they might live in Nebraska or someplace. Wish brings up a small pet peeve of mine. I wish people would include their location. It is really a useful piece of information.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:42 am
Well, I picked the right one. Saturday I tricked Girl 1 into becoming my fiancee.

I'm gonna marry the **** out of her.
Francis

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:45 am
@Gargamel,
Would you mind my being the first one to congratulate you?