Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:55 pm
LOL Cav!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 02:03 pm
cav

Please read the leaflet with your glasses on
http://www.sag-nein-zu-drogen.de/media/Bayer1.jpg

Two DIFFERENT drugs are mentioned there!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 05:16 pm
I can't see the small print.
0 Replies

littlek

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 07:04 pm
Hey EB - how's your friend?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 07:10 pm
No progress to report. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 07:24 pm
Walter, Your graphics is not readable with mags. The print is garbled. Are you trying to suggest we take aspirin or heroin in order to read it? LOL c.i.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 08:12 pm
Have you read the series of meta-analyses of Aspirin research in the BMJ? See BMJ 2002;324:71-86 ( 12 January ) and BMJ 2002;324:167 ( 19 January ) for a glimpse of the debate that rages. Aspirin MAY have benefits for those who are high risk of MI, but it certainly doesn't for normal/healthy people.

If there are 280 million people in the USA, 1:10 = 28 million (assuming that's 1:10 of ALL citizens including children. I find that exceedingly difficult to believe - but let's assume it's true.

1:1,200 of 28 million is 23,333 deaths per year, not 2 million.

My calculations are that there are 55,000 deaths per year due to Aspirin use.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Jul, 2003 08:38 pm
It would not surprise me if that figure is close. I personally know a few persons who started taking a whole aspirin per day for no reason other than they think, without a doctor's opinion, it will keep them from having heart attacks. One of them gets indigestion from eating the simplest foods, such as bananas, and from bottled water.
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:53 am
Jeeez!!! Those numbers are higher than I thought. With all the media coverage these days, I wonder why people are not warned? Every time I turn on the tv I see endless comercials about this supposed disorder and that supposed disorder and they tell you all about these supposed wonderful meds that will make your life normal again. Then they tell you that the drug may cause MINOR side effects as they go on to mention all these awful symptoms including liver damage. The drug companies are pushing these dangerous drugs on people and they get away with it. If there was a disorder for everything they claim is a disorder, everyone on this planet would have some kind of disorder. I know I have at least 4 disorders that I can think of, so I must have more that I'm not aware of. It's all about money and greed at any cost :-(
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 04:55 am
Also, Montana, most of these so-called wonder drugs are aimed only at symptoms instead of cures.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:31 am
How do you suppose Cro-Magnon was able to enjoy life before the advent of the "little purple pill"?

I take no prescription medicine of any kind whatsoever, and take nothing over-the-counter (except for the occasional aspirin).

I have good genes to thank for that obviously. I am appalled, however, to see people my age (mid-forties) taking pills for allergies or the sniffles, antacids for GERD and acid reflux, pain relievers of all kinds on a daily basis for a sinus headache, etc., etc.

How were able to get by without all of that even twenty years ago? Were we that miserable?

People in the United States seem to believe that no matter what the problem may be, they can take a pill to cure it.

I hope your senior friend gets well, edgar.
0 Replies

mac11

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:44 am
Lest anyone forget - the low-dose aspirin given as a preventative measure is frequently called baby aspirin because of its small size. But we now know that babies and other young people should NOT be given aspirin!
Quote:
Do not use aspirin to treat a child or teenager who has a fever, flu symptoms, or chicken pox without first talking to the child's doctor. In children younger than 18 years of age, aspirin may increase the risk of Reye's syndrome, a rare but often fatal condition.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:04 am
Mac11
Last time I looked, the aspirin once labled for children has been renamed. I sincerely hope nobody is giving it to children. When my 30 year old son was a baby he took a high fever which would not abate. The doctor told me to give him three adult aspirins. I did, and it did the trick, but today I question almost everything we did back then.
0 Replies

steissd

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:10 am
Well, aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is known to prevent blood from clotting. In moderate dosage it may be helpful to people prone to thromboses (that cause myocardial infarctions, ischemic strokes and the like), but overdose may cause uncontrollable bleeding and ulceration of gastric and duodenal mucosa. People that take this drug regularly, should test their blood clotting time periodically, and cease intake of the medicine if it becomes longer than normal.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:18 am
Well, reading the package leaflet and having read once or twice a paper, could even give some more advice.

c.i.

The advert a bit greater
http://fusionanomaly.net/heroinbayer.gif
0 Replies

steissd

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:24 am
Well, if I remember well, heroin was excluded from the list of permitted medicines in the USA in 1924, it was perfectly legal as a pain killer before that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:31 am
It started with the "Harrison Narcotics Tax Act" on December 17, 1914 in the USA.
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 04:44 pm
I know where I live they keep the baby aspirin behind the pharmasist counter where you have to ask for them and they will tell you not to give it to children. They also renamed them so they can sell them with all the other over the counter meds and not worry about people giving them to children.
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 04:47 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Also, Montana, most of these so-called wonder drugs are aimed only at symptoms instead of cures.

You're right Edgar, but what kills me is that they are trying to treat people who aren't even sick with their made up disorders.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 25 Jul, 2003 04:57 pm
Yeah. I didn't hit on that, montana, but I agree. Get 'em hooked on designer drugs in infancy and ply 'em with that crap 'til they die.
0 Replies