Plans for the Second San Francisco Gathering

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 04:48 pm
Yea.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:02 pm
rjb, Is that arrival and departure dates, or the days you'll be in San Francisco?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:42 am
Mr B is waffling. It would be easier for me to travel once the girls are back in school if I were to come alone.

My answer is, dunno for sure.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
JPB wrote:
JPB wrote:
McT and Mrs McT are doing a coast-to-coast drive in the fall. Do you have dates, McT?

Did this question get answered?

No, sorry, we got a bit side-tracked over the weekend with house guests.

The McTags have no firm plans yet, and so are flexible. I think we will definitely do it....whatever "it" turns out to be....either a fly-drive on the west coast area or a complete trans-Am.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 01:21 pm
McT, Let me know as soon as your plans are "tied down" to a month, because I can try to be home while you are here.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:34 pm
I'm available to do a certain amount of planning. Let me know.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:40 pm
Cyclo, Thanks for the offer; I'm sure you've done your homework on the top spots you have already seen and in your plans before and after your arrival in this area. If you can share them on this thread, I'm sure "new" visitors to San Francisco and its environs will appreciate hearing about them. I may also post some places of interest off and on while in this planning stage as I think about them. osso is also knowledgeable about this area, so she'll probably provide some info too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:11 pm
In case anyone has no reading matter at hand, is suffering insomnia, and wants to delve into the last meeting's planning threads, I'll give the links here, the last one first.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19053&start=0
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6079&start=0

Naturally, prices have changed, and SF & environs have new things going on, new places to stay, new locals who have different expertise, and different people won't have the same interests or concerns (for example, a bunch of us in 2004 cared about restaurants not being loud). But, there may be some overlap with interests then and now - things like parking w/hotel, if you rent a car...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
Just received an email from a friend whose lived in San Francisco for many years, but now lives in Millbrae. She suggested the Farmers Market at the Ferry building on Saturdays. I'll try to remember, but posted it here so somebody else might remember it in case I forget.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:00 pm
You can't visit the Bay area and not visit the Last Chance Saloon on the waterfront in Oakland. According to legend, it was one of Jack London's favorite hangouts. But that's not what's so cool about it. What makes the place unique is that the foundations of the building were damaged in the 1907 (?) quake. This has never been fixed. As a result, when you go in, you'll notice the floor tilts at a rather alarming angle -- not quite 45 degrees but enough to make you wonder whether you really need another drink.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:35 pm
That's "always" a good reason to have another drink!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:36 pm
Since I'll be the designated driver, I'll limit myself to one - whatever.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:10 pm
I know people are "peeking" into this thread, but not much in the way of input/responses. Don't be shy; tell us what you think, and if you plan to come.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:17 pm
I, too, will be nice and polite. Is that unusual?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:24 pm
Sorry Dys and I will have to poop out of this trip, but next year will be great.

I'm just sorry I won't have the opportunity to flirt with Francis. Sigh.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
Diane, It'll make flirting with Francis easier without dys there; did ya think of that? LOL
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:22 pm
Oh, oui, oui. But then, oddly enough, I'd be too shy. I'm a poopity head too. Sigh.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:37 am
IMPORTANT: I'm in the process of getting radiation treatment for prostate cancer, but should be fully recovered by late August. I've had the gold seeds implant done on Monday, and my treatment for seven weeks should begin soon. The recovery period is usually about one month after the treatment. At this juncture, I think last half of September would be better if reservations have not been made.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:42 am
Keeping you in my thoughts, CI.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:05 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
IMPORTANT: I'm in the process of getting radiation treatment for prostate cancer, but should be fully recovered by late August. I've had the gold seeds implant done on Monday, and my treatment for seven weeks should begin soon. The recovery period is usually about one month after the treatment. At this juncture, I think last half of September would be better if reservations have not been made.

C.I.

I hope everything goes well. I myself was treated for prostate cancer in 2003 with the seed implant only. I did not have any separate radiation treatment. I think Phoenix's husband is also undergoing radiation for prostate cancer.
0 Replies