Plans for the Second San Francisco Gathering

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:20 am
Voila!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 12:09 pm
Well, I'm home now and just wanted to add one more comment about our gathering.

When I knew CJ was coming from San Diego, I PMed her to meet at the airport as I was coming from Los Angeles myself.

I was doomed then to some waiting (her flight was more than delayed!) and to some surprise. Even though I knew she was a tall lady, I was quite appaled by her "size".

Nevertheless, I enjoyed a lot her natural demeanor, her always good humored mood and, obviously, her beauty.

I followed her to the car rental, from where she drove quite assuredly to the marina. There, I met these lovely people:

- Tak (CI), my friend, gentleman traveller and organizer, the man I'll readily meet again in any circumstance.

- GeorgeOB, an unknown friend whose acrimony against the French has to be improved not to look so made up. (My zingers are never concealed, but the gallic amicability is heartfelt).

- Mame, another surprise, as I felt that the spontaneous naturalness of her manner was quite different from her online persona. A lovable person.

- Merry Andrew, a very knowledgeable gentleman, towards who I feel regret for not being able to talk more given the shortness of our meeting.

- Sglass, with whom I had not interacted online, but I could, at the meeting appreciate her funny wit.

- Roxxxane, another knowledgeable person, I only knew for reading some of her posts online.

- Cycloptichorn, this sure young man, whose sound and reasoned comments I usually read online.

- And his lovely companion, whose smile enlightened the meeting.

I had a wonderful time, for which I thank everybody, and especially GeorgeOb for hosting us and CI for organizing everything.

Thank you!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 12:18 pm
Thanks for letting us know that you are safe and back home again. I guess that I'm the only worrier to a fault, but I'll never change, Francis.

So, C.I., everone is accounted for.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 12:23 pm
Thank you, Miss Letty, for your kind words. Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 12:39 pm
Yes, everybody and everything went as expected; we all had fun, enjoyed each other's company, and have built more friendships via A2K.

We will look forward to another SF gathering next year for those who missed it last month - and those wishing to join us again.

I was very pleased with the outcome.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:05 am
Since I am stuck in Beantown until I get my lungs checked at Beth Isreal Hospital I thought maybe we could rennovate the gathering I had to bail out on last time I was here.

Sglass
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:17 am
oh, it the Psssst is Boston ready for a Seaglass gathering. or something like that.

MA and I were down at the Hull Gut at the commuter boat dock and you can get a lobster dinner for $12.95, 1 1/4 pounder, french (francis fries) and roasted corn on the cob OR lobsters for $7.95 each. Maybe I can get the Harbor Master to cater it. Actually I don't know who the Harbor Master is anymore. Now that I am chronologicaly gifted I don't know who is around anymore. An old friend of mine now has a pier named after him, you know what means. "Old lobster men never die, they just get piered". Bring your own beer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:48 am
Sglass: "Now that I am chronologically gifted ...." is about the best description I've heard for us old fogies. LOL
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:57 pm
CI I can receive pms' but I can't send them. I don't think that MA got the picture. He said something about it the other day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 03:13 pm
Tell MA I'll send him another "set" later this week.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:28 pm
FYI CI MA did get them.

what he was interested in was that you post the pic of us standing in front of the pic of Alcatraz at the dock.

a
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:38 pm
Your wish.

MA and Sglass at Alcatraz - where they met.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/th_AndyFaithAlcatraz8302007.jpg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 08:00 am
Thank you Takman.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:30 am
realjohnboy wrote:
Mine is the vote for Spring, 2008. bm.

Any more interest besides jpb?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:59 am
But of course. I can't get enough of San Francisco and the good souls that habitat the area.

What's the date? Found out that I can get incredible fares from Hilo to Oakland on ATA.

When are you off for your next international tour Tak?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 11:22 am
Sglass, I'm off to SFO at 12:45 today for my trip to Tunisia - with a layover in Paris. Will arrive in Tunis tomorrow at 6:40pm - tired.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 11:56 am
Have a wonderful trip and I know that you will come back with incredible pictures.

Best to Lucy and Sean.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:58 pm
I'm just posting a "bm" to keep it alive in my active file. At my age, reminders are necessary tools. I'll be gone for three weeks to China and Tibet beginning on November 7.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 09:03 am
Wow!

Have fun, Tak...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 02:31 pm
As far as dates for me for SF... if I piggyback my trip with my daughter's orchestra tour as I'd originally planned then I think it will be in mid-February (possibly over President's Day weekend). I'll verify those dates and let you know. If I don't piggyback her trip then it could be any of the first three weeks in March.
0 Replies