Plans for the Second San Francisco Gathering

wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 11:08 am
cicerone is truly awesome as a host and he is also the most fearless traveller I have met (walter would be a close second)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 11:12 am
Actually, Francis takes the top prize as the traveler of the world.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:40 pm
These are gifts from Sglass. I just planted them into pots today.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4531/faithsgiftbluemarinehelwp0.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 02:21 pm
lovely! Great job organizing and orchestrating the gathering ci. Now that I've seen you on both sides of these events I think I'm going to start writing, "For a good time, call Tak!" The only problem is, you seldom answer your phone! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 02:56 pm
JPB wrote:
lovely! Great job organizing and orchestrating the gathering ci. Now that I've seen you on both sides of these events I think I'm going to start writing, "For a good time, call Tak!" The only problem is, you seldom answer your phone! Very Happy

You do have my home phone number. BTW, I have two cell phones now; one with a bluetooth that connects to my car and ear-piece (and it vibrates too!). :0
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 08:55 am
Yes CI did a great job. Too bad it wasn't this weekend though, we could have all headed out to the Summer of Love anniversary. George especially would have enjoyed that although I am sure I will see him there today with his tied dyed shirt, beads and Birkenstocks. Smile

http://2b1records.com/summeroflove40th/images/posterart/4_T.Twelves.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:41 am
I don't think that I have ever enjoyed anything as much as I have this gathering, C.I.

I think my first cousin still lives in California, but it's been so long since I heard from him. He used to be a "wheel" in Lockheed Martin.

Having a dial up means yours and others' photo's were slow downloading, but I finally got to see them all. I cannot believe that I didn't recognize Calamity Jane's picture. She is far lovelier than her avatar.

Roxxxane, do you mean that georgeob1 is a former hippy? What a surprise. I bought everything from India Bazaar when I was at UVA. What fun.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:46 am
Okay, JBP, when are you coming to SF>?

Roxxxanne, All you need to do is give georgeob a call on his cell and invite him.

Letty, Glad you enjoyed our "gathering" virtually through our verbal and picture posts. Next time, you can come in person and "really" enjoy the people and sites. This was my 9th gathering; 2 in SF, 2 in Chicago, 2 in Austin, 2 in London, and 1 in Lippstadt. Okay, Walter, you must plan another in Lippstadt. Promise to spend more time on my next visit.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 12:31 pm
C.I., honey. There is nothing that I would rather do than attend another gathering. My son is almost totally well now, and we all may make it to the Virginia reunion, but can't say about California.

You and your lovely wife, (she certainly does not look like a couch potato), seaglass and Andy, Cyclo and that perfect lady of his, Roxxxanne, and the rest, are such wonderful looking folks, and "hippy" Georgeob would be a "mustsee."

I never have paid much attention to what folks look like, however, as I am more interested in good conversation.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Okay, JBP, when are you coming to SF>?

oof... as soon as I can, ci. I love SF and it's been too long since our last visit. We're still thinking maybe in Feb/Mar but there's a potential snag with that. I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:24 pm
Okay, but let me know ASAP, because I'll try to be here when you come. I'm making plans now for my 2008 travels. T.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:09 pm
OMG! The Summer of Love Anniversary was unbelievable!

They had 100,000 people there and virtually no trouble, the "Jefferson Airplane re-union" was incredible, they had two young singers doing Grace Slick, they were both awesome and a band called Squid had a gorgeous blonde chick who sang just like Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) Amazing, eh?

Taj Mahal was great too!

Pics coming!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:13 pm
Roxxxanne, Sounds like a very successful event. Good on ya.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:23 pm
I've an odd thought - it may sound passive aggressive but isn't - that

the many pages of two threads that built up to the 1st SF a2k meet and all the stuff afterwards, and that this SF group meeting and its pages ----
will pass over time...

We might need some kind of long time file.

There is, after all, next year, and the next and the next and next, and those folks won't be so interested in what everybody did this year. But it would be nice to have it all available.

OK, that's as far as my brain goes. (Let me guess, no one looked back and reread the old threads)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:54 pm
Roxxxanne, I was looking for the first San Francisco gathering link, and found this: http://www.jeffersonairplane.com/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:02 pm
For those of you who missed the first (and second) San Francisco gathering, here's a LINK to the first.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:07 pm
I suspect (know) I put links to the threads on the first SF gathering on this very thread, near the beginning. Talk about death knell.

Piffka started the first one - it did go off into bridges, but that was intersting too; you, CI, posted the first post of the second thread on the 2004 gathering. Much yadayada to follow, but not without sometime interest. Same with this time. I'm just thinking, archives.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:47 pm
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Constantly_Constance/IMG_0036.jpg
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:56 pm
Chick who sings like Robert Plant. She was great!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Constantly_Constance/IMG_0091.jpg
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:00 pm
Chick who sings like Billie Holiday:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Constantly_Constance/IMG_0056.jpg
0 Replies