Plans for the Second San Francisco Gathering

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:35 pm
I just had to dig up this picture of osso at the first SF gathering taken at the entrance of the Sheraton Palace Hotel.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4780/a2ksf027rq2.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:39 pm
What a beautiful picture of Osso! Thanks CI :-D
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:45 pm
(laughs, in particular at my shoes. I still have and love those shoes. I got them on a close out sale, and they look like hell, but are wonderfully comfortable still. Good for walking a city. Taryn Rose...)

I did like the Sheraton Palace. Also the stop at See's Candies before that.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:52 pm
Thaaaat is a very elegant photograph Osso. It is obvious that you are a lady of great character.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:55 pm
Oh, I love that photo! And very flattering (not flattening Very Happy )... you're right, Sglass, very elegant. Thanks, CI.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:14 pm
Yeh, I should print that, to get anyone at any salon to do that cut again. That fluff stood out, but basically it's a good hair cut for me, usually shorter than that length. Noone on earth gets it though. Or if they do, it's for one time only.. the next salon visit is a guaranteed disaster.

On the photo, it does convey I've a tendency to dryly quip, in real life. Elegant, sometimes, especially in certain chairs. Others, (smile).

The good news is I'm thinner now. The poor news, saggier. Those of us who grow thinner older can look like sharpei puppies. I don't actually mind that, given I'm aiming to get into my go-to-italy suit.

The Sheraton Palace room I was facing in the photo reminds me a bit of a favorite place in italy, not that they're a match re function or much else, but for the sense of froo froo when I walk in. If you're ever in Rome, check out the Galleria Doria Pamphilj.

Ice cream in gold...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:20 pm
Sglass, I think you're the one with great character... you've a big fan here.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 11:08 pm
Eh, we're all getting saggier, osso. It's part of the beauty of life. And you're right, Sglass has oodles of character.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:26 am
mostly around the waistline Mame.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 08:45 pm
This will be the "official" last post for activities of the SF gathering. Sglass and Merry Andrew spent the day with my wife and I, and they were able to visit Muir Woods National Monument. We enjoyed a great lunch at The Fish in Sausalito, and walked a few miles between the car and looking for the restaurant. Sausalito was in preparation of a art festival, but it was for tomorrow. After returning to San Francisco, we went to Golden Gate Park to visit the Japanese Tea Garden. While walking around the garden, I heard a man ask another younger man why they called it the "tea garden," so I told them they had a tea house.
After walking around the garden for a short bit, we enjoyed some tea at the tea house, and chatted. After picking up their developed film at Wolf's camera store, we drove down to North Beach to look at the City of Light bookstore, but we couldn't find any parking, so we drove back towards their hotel where we spent a few minutes for a banos break and to look at a huge owl sitting on a telephone pole before saying our goodbyes. It was a beautiful day, and a nice way to end the San Francisco gathering. Sglass and Merry Andrew are leaving late tomorrow for Boston. I'll post a few pictures after I download them later tonite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 08:52 pm
Excellent.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:21 pm
At Muir Woods.http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/571/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312jc0.jpg

Waiting in line at The Fish restaurant.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4411/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312et4.jpg

This is what I had; crab roll and a pint of Guinnes.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8701/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312nn3.jpg

Sglass and ci's wife in front of Buddha.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3194/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312le1.jpg

At the tea house at the Japanese Tea Garden.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/47/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312sh0.jpg

The end.http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4851/sf1a2kandyfaithluaug312nt2.jpg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:25 pm
CI the barn owl is still on top of the telephone pole.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:29 pm
Great pics, CI... you guys look like you enjoyed yourselves. Nice to see even a photo of your wife. Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:03 am
Thanks for the photos, ci!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:29 am
Nice Tibouchina urvilleana! (princess flower)

Thanks for all the great photos, CI. I especially liked the photo with Mrs. CI, Sglass, and the buddha.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:35 am
I can't believe the sun is out. Where was it on Sunday? It was bloody cold
then!

Very pretty pictures. It seems ME and Seaglass are assimilating quite nicely
into the San Francisco scene.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:52 am
Merry Andrew posting on Sglass' account:

This is the semi-official, non-Conference sanctioned, unauthorized closing of this thread. (Of course, since I didn't start the thread, c.i.may well have something to say about that.) Sglass is still packing, but my gear is already stowed in the trunk of the car, and we -- the last, late-staying guests in this lovely city -- are preparing to leave the hotel and take in whatever sights we have left unseen before boarding a plane for Boston at 9.50 p.m. tonight.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:57 am
MA, If you and Sglass would like to see some stuff in San Jose like the Rosecrucian Egyptian Museum and/or the Winchester Mystery House, drive down here (again), and I'll be happy to show you our "part of town." Give me a call on my home land phone. Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 11:04 am
haha, cicerone is tiredless in being such a good host and tour guide Smile

Seaglass and Merry Andrew: Have a good flight to Boston!
0 Replies