Ever Have A Feeling You Can't Explain About A Politician?

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:29 am
It goes against all the current knowledge and belief but Ijust don't think there's much depth to Barrack Obama. Maybe better to say I don't think he's seasoned enough. I don't know. I like the guy, I like a lot of what he says, but something red flags me about his being president.

Of course I would vote for him against any idiot the bushublicans put up, but I'm just not sold on the guy. Not this time around anyway.

I really can't explain much past my gut feeling.

I had a gut feeling bush was going to be an indescribable f**k up and a real dick back in 1999 and never bought into any of his bullshit. I'm not comparing the two believe me. Obama is certainly God like in his intelligence when compared to bush.

Anyway does anyone else, any other people planning to vote democrat I mean, get this same vaguely uneasy feeling?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,321 • Replies: 117
No top replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:36 am
Isn't irrational feelings what politics is all about? :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:39 am
I try not to let that influence me and contrary to popular belief try to think things out and make rational decisions but yes emotion and "gut feelings" certainly come into play in everyones decision making unless they're just souless automatrons..... which would of course explain the ascendancy of cheney/rove and their meat puppet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:46 am
If Giuliani wins the Republican nomination, he has my vote. If he does not, I will have to choose amongst the Democrats. I too have that funny little feeling in the pit of my belly about Obama. It is pure gut instinct, but there is something about him that makes me very, very uncomfortable.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:47 am
I wouldn't piss on Guilianni if he were on fire.....
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:49 am
I'd say the vast majority would base their vote on thoughts like "I like that guy" or "I have a good feeling about this one".

Not that this is wrong tho, If you had to argue for your opinion before you voted it would end up with some sort of elitist quasi-democracy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:50 am
Bi- That's what makes politics! Anyhow, ever since JFK, I have always been leery about a politician with a tad too much "star quality". I sometimes wonder as to what I am seeing is more an artifact created by handlers than the real person. I get that feeling with Obama.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
I am leary of anyone who will continue to throw money and our young people at Iraq just so everyone can see his big balls.....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:53 am
Coolwhip wrote:
I'd say the vast majority would base their vote on thoughts like "I like that guy" or "I have a good feeling about this one".

Not that this is wrong tho, If you had to argue for your opinion before you voted it would end up with some sort of elitist quasi-democracy.

to an extent... i suspect that just hanging out in a bar I would have had more fun with bush than gore ( i could stick that dumb ass with the tab).... but I didn't want someone running the country that I would hang out in a bar with.... i wanted someone smart and experienced
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:56 am
Re: Ever Have A Feeling You Can't Explain About A Politician
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
It goes against all the current knowledge and belief but Ijust don't think there's much depth to Barrack Obama. Maybe better to say I don't think he's seasoned enough. I don't know. I like the guy, I like a lot of what he says, but something red flags me about his being president.

[...]

Anyway does anyone else, any other people planning to vote democrat I mean, get this same vaguely uneasy feeling?

Sure. I feel exactly the same way about Edwards. He takes all the right initiatives; he makes all the right points; I couldn't suggest any improvement to his platform that wouldn't doom him in the Democratic primaries. Still, something about him bothers me, and I can't really explain it. I observe myself reacting similarly to quite a few German politicians. So what you describe is a fairly common feeling to me.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:56 am
Most people vote very selfishly, they pick one issue that concerns them and find a candidate/party that supports that right etc.

i.e. they don't look at the big picture.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:59 am
Coolwhip wrote:
Most people vote very selfishly, they pick one issue that concerns them and find a candidate/party that supports that right etc.

i.e. they don't look at the big picture.

I think that there is no candidate that would satisfy anyone completely. As a result, people do pick what is important to them, and vote for that candidate, even though they may not agree with his/her entire platform.

As far as looking at "the big picture", IMO there are people who don't have their priorities straight. They will vote for a person who satisfies some issue that is minor, in the global scheme of things, and ignore more important issues.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:00 am
its probablly because he is lying my friend. Usually the best looking things are masks to a hidden ugly side.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

As far as looking at "the big picture", IMO there are people who don't have their priorities straight. They will vote for a person who satisfies some issue that is minor, in the global scheme of things, and ignore more important issues.[/color][/b]

For example, how many americans in the mid-west do you think vote republican so they may keep their precious guns? (perhaps a bad example)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I am leary of anyone who will continue to throw money and our young people at Iraq just so everyone can see his big balls.....

I agree. I think that the current administration, with our "fearless leader" Rolling Eyes has screwed up, big time. I think that his premise was correct, but he did not have the wherewithal to think the whole thing through, and come up with a solution that would not entail destroying the lives of 19 year old Americans.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:05 am
Coolwhip wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

As far as looking at "the big picture", IMO there are people who don't have their priorities straight. They will vote for a person who satisfies some issue that is minor, in the global scheme of things, and ignore more important issues.[/color][/b]

For example, how many americans in the mid-west do you think vote republican so they may keep their precious guns? (perhaps a bad example)

Not a bad example at all. It was exactly the kind of thing to what I have been referring.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:15 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I agree. I think that the current administration, with our "fearless leader" Rolling Eyes has screwed up, big time. I think that his premise was correct, but he did not have the wherewithal to think the whole thing through, and come up with a solution that would not entail destroying the lives of 19 year old Americans.

I'm not sure how this squares with your choice of presidential candidate. Giuliani continues to support the war effort enthusiastically. He also joins into this whole Republican rag about how `we should continue to waterboard Guantanamo inmates, withhold lawyers from them, and deport more prisoners to it'. I assume this is a gut instinct like BiPolarBear's, acting in the opposite direction. Correct?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:16 am
Thomas, Edwards is strongly disliked around here strangely enough. People seem to think he's not for the poor and he;s an ambulance chaser. I happen to disagfree strongly, but I'm in the minority. As far as him being president... no. Maybe later but not today. I like what he says but he's not percieved as tough enough to win or stand up as a war president i think, and the next president is going to inheirit a huge mess, in fact bush has stated outright that he's going to fix it so the next guy is entwined in this war.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:17 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

If you agree then why in God's name would you vote for Gulianni?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:18 am
Coolwhip wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

it's the midwest. it's the heart of america because the brain isn't there.
0 Replies