Marriage, why do people do it?

Montana

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:32 am
CoastalRat wrote:
If my wife ever wises up and dumps me Montana, I'll come looking for you to take you off your hands. Cool

And if this clown would be willing to do that, I'm sure there is someone else out there who would. You just gotta find him and trick him into coming to the wedding ceremony. Make the church look like a bowling alley or something. Better yet, have the ceremony in a bowling alley. He'll never know what hit him. Laughing

Hey, that's a great idea! Thanks CR :-D

<Runs down the basement to get bowling balls (yes, I have my own)>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:01 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Thanks y'all. My wife got to read what I wrote about how we got married and she said to pass along something to everyone. She says the real reason it has lasted so long is that she doesn't know where else she could go and get a good laugh every day. After all, have any of you ever seen a naked clown.

Something tells me she didn't mean that as a compliment.

So, when are you getting the lovely Tammy her own A2K account???

And I think I understand you, Chai, e. g. the whole aspect of this is how you want your life to be. And this is the way I want my life to be, too. RP was at home yesterday (dr's appt) and when I had free time at work I kept calling him. Not to ask him to do things for me (although he did order dinner) but more to just joke around a bit and hear his voice.

I committed to him because I want to spend my life with him.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:42 am
jespah wrote:

Heaven forbid!!! Her own account? She is way too busy with working, cooking, cleaning, laundry, keeping the yard neat and such to waste time reading and responding to posts on A2K. If I gave her an account, I may well be forced to actually work a bit around the house doing "woman's work" and that just won't do.

Ok, ok, before y'all get up a lynch mob, I'm just kidding. She really has little interest in this type of thing. I keep telling her she should come around A2K some just to back me up a bit, but she says I'm on my own here. But you never know, she may one day be convinced to pop her head on here, if just to give me a hard time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 06:03 am
CoastalRat wrote:
jespah wrote:

Heaven forbid!!! Her own account? She is way too busy with working, cooking, cleaning, laundry, keeping the yard neat and such to waste time reading and responding to posts on A2K. If I gave her an account, I may well be forced to actually work a bit around the house doing "woman's work" and that just won't do.

Ok, ok, before y'all get up a lynch mob, I'm just kidding. She really has little interest in this type of thing. I keep telling her she should come around A2K some just to back me up a bit, but she says I'm on my own here. But you never know, she may one day be convinced to pop her head on here, if just to give me a hard time.

No worries on your part about worlds colliding and all?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 06:54 am
dlowan wrote:

No worries on your part about worlds colliding and all?

Naw, our worlds collided a long time ago and now are so tightly meshed together that all we have anymore are a few minor tremors every so often.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 02:08 am
Re: Marriage, why do people do it?
OGIONIK wrote:
why do people get married? im asking because i have not once ever felt the need to sign a peice of paper binding my financial future with someone else. if love is real, why do you need to have a license for it? its complete nonsense from my point of view.

What are the reasons some of you have gotten married? is it love? fear of being alone again? financial reasons?

he was the first man that came along that didn't strike deep terror in my heart when he brought up the M word. But in retrospect, who cares? I have never felt the 'need' to be married. Do believe that it is an unnatural imposition. Would have loved to have done without it. And, am ashamed to say that I was sort of jostled into it. He wanted it (or thought he did), my mother was all for it, and I don't think I was strong enough to stop it from happening.

I am in love with him, and was, back then, too. But that is not enough to get married on. What you need is committment to the institution, and more importantly, to the partnership with your spouse.
0 Replies