E-mail is not French

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:27 pm
steissd wrote:
[quote="
This shows superiority of the American version of English over all the other languages that require governmental protection for not to become dead languages.

??????explain???? why American English?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:28 pm
the French ARE very protective of their language but in addition to the lists already given they have le weekend and le five o'clock and le toast as well.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:31 pm
Vivien wrote:
the French ARE very protective of their language but in addition to the lists already given they have le weekend and le five o'clock and le toast as well.

Le pique-nique, however, is origianally French ... and became picnic in English :wink:
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:32 pm
Well, this means that the government has not yet reached these words for extermination purposes.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:40 pm
? still not clear! are you saying that American English is better than English English or exactly what????

If you are then Twisted Evil !
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:45 pm
steissd wrote:
Well, this means that the government has not yet reached these words for extermination purposes.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Le French are tryeeeng to extereemate mee langueege!
Waaaaah!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:52 pm
you weeel spik francais Sofia!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:57 pm
Shocked
Sack Ree Blue.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:04 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:04 pm
American English is the preferred style around the world. Is it better than that spoken in England? Of course not that is after all the so called mother tongue.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:15 pm
The French are trying to do things their own way?
How rude. How inconsiderate. How un-American.

They will never succeed. A sovereign country, independent and free
has no right, honor, or expectation to exist on their own terms.

To the world: "You're in America now, so speak English!"

If you don't like it, then leave.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:18 pm
Where will they go? They're already in France.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:21 pm
CodeBorg wrote:
The French are trying to do things their own way?
How rude. How inconsiderate. How un-American.

quote]

Laughing
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:23 pm
Deep bow.

The other night I heard a nutcase Catholic priest from California with an ego the size of all Mt. Rushmore declare that heaven (not god, "heaven") tells him that the US will be partially destroyed by nuclear warfare in -- well I've forgotten the years or months, but a very short time. Florida will disappear altogether. China will be among the occupiers. Did you hear that?

Completely nuts, right?

And then he listed previous verifiable predictions he'd made over the years. He's correctly made predictions about tornadoes and WTC and other cataclysmic stuff with a very significant success rate.

I figure that's about what we'll need to get over ourselves and learn some respect for the rest of the world. Poor Florida, but...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:26 pm
"Deep bow" was for CodeBorg -- that was unclear!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:32 pm
totally off track -but related to the comments by Tartarin and he did live in France - has anyone read the predictions of Nostradamus?

SCARY!

Some of it is incomprehensible, some could be anything and the attribution of it to events is dubious.

some on the other hand is so accurate it is really scary - one stanza relating to Hitler described a man coming from ....(the region that H came from was named but I forget it, sorry!), millions would be swayed by his words and thousand would die in ovens - die in ovens?????? who at the time he lived would have thought of that?

He forecast a war at the turn of the millenium with Islam as well.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:36 pm
He was not a shabby prognosticator!

I think quatrain investigators (some guys) translated the end of the world per Nostradamus as May ??, 1999. What's up with that? Did you guys hear a different date?

He was pretty tight on the Kennedy brothers, as well. Scary stuff, if you are given to these silly things--(which I am.)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
PS-- If any unlucky Arab shows up in a blue turban, he's toast! (The anti-Christ, per Nostradamus.)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 05:03 pm
Ohmigod. My fiance.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 05:04 pm
Oops. French word. Sorry.
0 Replies