Information Control or how to get to Orwellian governance II

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:23 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
If the Republicians had someone with half the power of Soros we would never hear the end of it. But Soros is on their side and they accept all they help his money can buy, and that is a lot of help.

Sheesh, you guys act like super-rich fellows don't give tons of money to help Republicans win. Who do you think funds all these 'institues' and 'foundations' which you rely on for policy pieces?

Cycloptichorn

There is no single wealthy contributer in American politics like Soros and you know it. He is single handedly trying to change the way American politics works. Once again if there were a Republician donor equal to Soros we would never hear the end of it. Soros is a danger to American politics and the dems are helping with the acceptence of his money.

prepare to never hear the end of it...

Richard Mellon Scaife & Pals
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:24 pm
Quote:
America Coming Together, commonly abbreviated ACT, is a 527 committee dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT does not specifically endorse any political party, but instead endorses all progressive parties. They were the largest 527 group in 2004 and are planning on being involved in races in the future. They were primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially SEIU, and are led by Steve Rosenthal, who is the former political director for the AFL-CIO. ACT is currently in the process of being wound down and its Web Site directs visitors to America Votes, a group formed from 50 get-out-the vote organizations.

2004 Elections Activity
In the last 3 weeks leading up to Nov. 2, ACT planned on funding over 12 million phone calls to targeted voters and having canvassers hand-deliver 11 million pieces of literature at targeted doorsteps. On Election Day, ACT had projected to have 45,000 paid canvassers in the battleground states and spent over $10 million on Election Day. They had 86 offices open every day and a staff of 4000 and a goal of reinforcing the army of 45,000 paid canvassers with 25,000 volunteers.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:28 pm
ican711nm wrote:

you do realize that anyone with a computer can make, or amend an entry in wikipedia ?

it is not generally accepted as a reliable source.

kinda like o'really(?)...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:29 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Quote:
America Coming Together, commonly abbreviated ACT, is a 527 committee dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT does not specifically endorse any political party, but instead endorses all progressive parties. They were the largest 527 group in 2004 and are planning on being involved in races in the future. They were primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially SEIU, and are led by Steve Rosenthal, who is the former political director for the AFL-CIO. ACT is currently in the process of being wound down and its Web Site directs visitors to America Votes, a group formed from 50 get-out-the vote organizations.

2004 Elections Activity
In the last 3 weeks leading up to Nov. 2, ACT planned on funding over 12 million phone calls to targeted voters and having canvassers hand-deliver 11 million pieces of literature at targeted doorsteps. On Election Day, ACT had projected to have 45,000 paid canvassers in the battleground states and spent over $10 million on Election Day. They had 86 offices open every day and a staff of 4000 and a goal of reinforcing the army of 45,000 paid canvassers with 25,000 volunteers.

Well wow, that really proves... nothing.

It seems you are cheezed off by the fact that the Democrats actually have the balls to organize and work to win elections, wow, how dare they...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:36 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Quote:

2004 Elections Activity

Updated: 5:00 p.m. CT Aug 27, 2004
HOUSTON - The chief financial backer of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and its television ad challenging Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's military record is a wealthy Texas homebuilder known for his deep pockets and aversion to the limelight.

Bob J. Perry, 71, provided at least $100,000 to help start the veterans group at the urging of his friend John O'Neill, a Houston attorney who co-wrote "Unfit for Command," a book which attacks Kerry's military record.

0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:38 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It seems you are cheezed off by the fact that the Democrats actually have the balls to organize and work to win elections, wow, how dare they...

Cycloptichorn

my gawd, don't thoooose filthy dems have the decency to just go off and die somewhere ? Laughing
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:58 pm
Quote:
The Center for American Progress is a liberal progressive American political policy research and advocacy organization. Its website describes it as "...a nonpartisan research and educational institute dedicated to promoting a strong, just and free America that ensures opportunity for all."[1]

Its President and Chief Executive Officer is John Podesta, former chief of staff to former United States President Bill Clinton. Located in Washington, D.C., the Center for American Progress has a campus outreach group, Campus Progress, and a sister liberal advocacy organization, the Center for American Progress Action Fund.

The Center is undergoing a period of rapid growth. Its personnel and budget now rival the prominent Cato Institute.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:07 pm
Quote:
MoveOn comprises two legal entities, each organized under a different section of U.S. tax and election laws:

MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) organization, which deals with education and advocacy on national issues. (Under U.S. tax laws, a 501(c)(4) organization may engage in lobbying on legislation, but is not allowed to intervene in political campaigns in support of or opposition to any candidate for public office.)
MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC. Unlike 501(c)(4) organizations, PACs may raise "hard money" for individual candidates.

[edit] History
Main article: History of MoveOn.org
MoveOn originally started in 1998 as a bipartisan email group. It petitioned Congress to "move on" past the ongoing impeachment proceedings of President Clinton. It later publicly condemned the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Since then, it has supported John Kerry, the Democratic nominee for the 2004 U.S. presidential election [1] and raised millions of dollars for many Democratic candidates.

MoveOn has created pressure within the Democratic Party for what the Washington Post calls "a vigorously liberal agenda" that goes "beyond simple opposition to the Bush administration." MoveOn founder Wes Boyd rejects the advice of "centrists" such as the Democratic Leadership Council who argue that "Democrats must moderate their positions on war, taxes, universal health care and other key issues." Speaking in June 2003 at a "Take Back America" conference, Boyd declared, "The primary way to build trust is to consistently fight for things that people care about." Grassroots America is ready to support a liberal agenda, he said, if only "someone will get out and lead. ... Every time we did something, every time we showed leadership, our membership went up." [2]

MoveOn.org was created by computer entrepreneurs Joan Blades and Wes Boyd, the married cofounders of Berkeley Systems. They started by passing around a petition asking Congress to "censure President Clinton and move on", as opposed to impeaching him. To the couple's surprise, the petition, passed around by word of mouth, was extremely successful -- ultimately, they had half a million signatures. Buoyed by their success, the couple went on to start similar campaigns, calling for more inspections rather than an invasion of Iraq (see Popular opposition to war on Iraq); the reinstatement of lower limits on arsenic and mercury pollution, and campaign finance reform.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:11 pm
Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, committed $5 million to MoveOn, while he and his friend Peter Lewis each gave America Coming Together $10 million. (All were groups that worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election.) On September 28, 2004 he dedicated more money to the campaign and kicked off his own multi-state tour with a speech: Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush[19] delivered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:12 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, committed $5 million to MoveOn, while he and his friend Peter Lewis each gave America Coming Together $10 million. (All were groups that worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election.) On September 28, 2004 he dedicated more money to the campaign and kicked off his own multi-state tour with a speech: Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush[19] delivered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

And this is not only perfectly legal, but encouraged.

We're all waiting for you to support your allegations and show specifically who he has bought, in either party or the media. Specifically.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:19 pm
http://www.howardmiller.com/Uploaded/MainPageImages/2001/OCT/111451_WallClock613637.jpg

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...

:wink:
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:41 pm
Quote:
With an estimated net worth in excess of a billion dollars, Lewis frequently donates money to charities and political groups.
The Democratic Party
America Coming Together and MoveOn.org (with George Soros matching his $10 and $2.5 million, respectively)
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:09 pm
GEORGE SOROS in his 1995 book, page 145, [i]Soros on Soros[/i], wrote:
I do not accept the rules imposed by others. If I did, I would not be alive today. I am a law-abiding citizen, but I recognize that there are regimes that need to be opposed rather than accepted. And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply. One needs to adjust one's behavior to the changing circumstances.

Bruck, in The World According to Soros, page 58, wrote:
Tividar [George Soros's father] saved his family by splitting them up, providing them with forged papers and false identities as Christians, and bribing Gentile families to take them in. George Soros took the name Sandor Kiss, and posed as the godson of a man named Baumbach, an official of Hungary's fascist regime. Baumbach was assigned to deliver deportation notices to Jews and confiscate Jewish property. [Baumbach] brought young Soros with him on his rounds.

Michael Kaufman in his biography of George Soros, page 293, [i]Soros [/i], wrote:
My goal is to become the conscience of the world

GEORGE SOROS in his 2000 book, page 337, [i]Open Society[/i], wrote:
Usually it takes a crisis to prompt a meaningful change in direction.

GEORGE SOROS in the Washington Post, page A03 of November 11, 2003, wrote:
Ousting Bush from the White House is the central focus of my life. It's a matter of life and death.

GEORGE SOROS in the 2003 edition of his book, page 15, [i]The Alchemy of Finance[/i], wrote:
My greatest fear is that the Bush Doctrine will succeed--that Bush will crush the terrorists, tame the rogue states of the axis of evil, and usher in a golden age of American supremacy. American supremacy is flawed and bound to fail in the long run.

What I am afraid of is that the pursuit of American supremacy may be successful for a while because the United States in fact employs a dominant position in the world today.

GEORGE SOROS on June 10, 2004 to the Associated Press, wrote:

These are not normal times.

GEORGE SOROS in his 2004 book, page 159, [i]The Bubble of American Supremacy[/i], wrote:
The principles of the Declaration of Independence are not self-evident truths but arrangements necessitated by our inherently imperfect understanding.

Quote:
In April 2005 the Soros funded Campus Progress web site posted this headline: "An Invitation to Help Design the Constitution in 2020" (This was an invitation to a Yale law School Conference on "The Constitution of 2020: a progressive vision of what the Constitution ought to be.")

Sam Hananel in his associated Press article, December 10, 2004, wrote:
On December 9, 2004, Eli Pariser, who headed Soros's group Moveon PAC, boasted to his members, "Now the Democratic Party is our party. We bought it, we own it."

If the Soros $influenced$ news media succeeds in persuading more than 50% of Americans to oppose Bush's plan, it will boost our enemy's effort and it will defeat America in Iraq regardless of whether Bush's modified strategy can work or not.!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:13 pm
MORE TO COME!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:20 pm
I think it's just so cool ican that you have located web/blog sites that allow you to cut and past snippits of Soros without having to wade though his actual writings. That must be a real time saver for you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:21 pm
ican711nm wrote:
MORE TO COME!

No matter how many times you post those quotes,the left will continue to deny them,and continue to say that those quotes dont matter.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:46 pm
mysteryman wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
MORE TO COME!

No matter how many times you post those quotes,the left will continue to deny them,and continue to say that those quotes dont matter.

Well, please explain to us exactly why they do matter.

Ican, I have challenged you to provide specific names to back up your wild accusations and allegations about Soros. Please either provide evidence to support your wild claims, and clearly presented names, or retract your claims. Otherwise, I am going to have to start referring to you as a poltroon.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:24 pm
ican711nm wrote:
If the Soros $influenced$ news media succeeds in persuading more than 50% of Americans to oppose Bush's plan, it will boost our enemy's effort and it will defeat America in Iraq regardless of whether Bush's modified strategy can work or not.!

blah, blah, blah...

funny how you have not responded to anything about mellon scaife. big surprise there...

even funnier is how you don't seem to have any problem with a frickin' foreign fat cat "owning" the media that you like. say like.. fox news..guess ya never heard of rupert murdoch either, huh ?

you guys are effin' killin' me.. first ya say; "no taxes! i know better what to do with my money than the government, by gum!!!"..

but boy, let a rich guy (or a poor guy for that matter..) spend his money on something you don't like... oh my gawd!! the sky is falling!!

http://www.onboardmovies.com/publicity/Synopsis/images/0021553.jpg
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:19 pm
SOURCES OF CIRCUMSTANCIAL EVIDENCE OF GEORGE SOROS'S FUNDING

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros#Influencing_media

http://www.earstohear.net/soros.html

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_Soros
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:52 pm
Well, ican, it's nice to see just what your sources are however, I would personally prefer that you had actually read one or more of the books Soros has written.
0 Replies