How do you love someone?

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:46 pm
I know that seems like the most simple question in the world, but I have to ask. I don't think I know how anymore, if I ever did at all. Maybe I'm just a cold-hearted bastard. So how do you do it? How do you love someone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,832 • Replies: 72
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:49 pm
1. Lie down preferably on top (this can vary depending on preference)
2. Insert organ of choice
3. Do the hokey-pokey
4. Smile an ever-lasting smile (cue Beegees)

That's what it's all about
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:52 pm
Ragman wrote:
1. Lie down preferably on top (this can vary depending on preference)
2. Insert organ of choice
3. Do the hokey-pokey
4. Smile an ever-lasting smile (cue Beegees)

That's what it's all about

(Psst Ragman, you're thinking of the last time you got drunk.)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:26 pm
Through beatings.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:29 pm
You ecnounter her in an American Idol chat room.

You lie about your age.

You tell her to meet you at the playground, under the big slide.

You can see where this is going.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:45 pm
Gargamel wrote:
You can see where this is going.

Yes.

"Hi, I'm Chris Hanson...."
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:48 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Ragman wrote:

(Psst Ragman, you're thinking of the last time you got drunk.)

I don't drink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:05 pm
you spoon her....gently fondle her breasts until her nipples harden and then slip into her all the while saying.... "Oh God... just like mommy.... I feel as though I'm 11 again" that usually lets the girl know you are open minded and experienced....after that... you got her man.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:30 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:39 pm
It's just a joy to see how all the men come out to give their support and experience to a fellow male who's asking about love and relationships.

I suppose you're all going to have a belching contest now that you've solved the problem
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:55 pm
By this one thread, I've learned so much about a couple of you.

To answer your question kicky, I think the "how" of loving someone is to show them that you want to take care of them; doing the things you know will make them smile and happy, and feel secure. To make them feel most special to you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:55 pm
It's a good question...

I take it seriously, but it also reminds me of a card my first lover and I happened to give each other at the same time, Valentine's day. I was then a just about out of the whole thing Catholic, and he was a long time atheist at nineteen.

The caption was, How do I love thee?

Next page...

Very carefully.

Both cards bought at the local drugstore, though we both wrote notes and poems on other occasions.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:08 pm
Confession: I've always been attracted to (infatuated with) TYPES, but I've loved (twice) PERSONALITIES.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:12 pm
in jest or not?
Chai wrote:
It's just a joy to see how all the men come out to give their support and experience to a fellow male who's asking about love and relationships.

I suppose you're all going to have a belching contest now that you've solved the problem

Let' see if, after years of reading Kicky's postings, I was supposed to take it seriously, I'd be glad to! Let's have have Kicky come back and say it was serious.

What say, Kicky? Was this in jest or not?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:24 pm
Kicky's serious sometimes, and I think he's being serious now.

I have no idea how to answer this question though.

I don't think it's something you can do purposely, exactly. You just fall in love... or not.

As a verb though I guess you can do it purposely. Listen. Support. Enjoy.

Something like that.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:30 pm
background
Perhaps it would be most informative (and easier to help answer) if Kicky would provide some background as to what has happened to question his ability to love?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:34 pm
Soz, sometimes people do actually forget and need to be re-taught, in a way. I have been single for most of my 30s. I have gotten very comfortable in my solitude and in my skin. It will be a major adjustment to fall in love again. I'll have to fight my selfish tendencies (what else would they be at this point, after so many years of solo life?). If I lived this lifestyle with a man involved in it, we'd be f-buddies with little potential to fall in love.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:39 pm
I always take Kicky seriously even when he is least so.

I'm trying to remember a phrase to myself, that fit in the (many) years my ex and I were happy. Damn, it slips my mind. But it had to do with a basic level of support, no matter what was going on.

That can break, but when it's working, it is the hand at your back. Not taking over from you, but an underlying support, even when you are arguing.

I've long thought that love is a product, past infatuation, of care, sort of a continuous feed, and it withers without it. Well, maybe not continuous, that could really be annoying on a minute by minute basis, but - kind of a call and response thing where connections are kept up. That is, love is a kind of action, however soft.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:51 pm
I think you have to be willing to surrender yourself in order to fall in love. It may get more difficult as one gets older, I dunno.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:53 pm
That's a good one.

Yes, there's a sense of vulnerability that I think is necessary, and I can see that it would be more difficult to do if you've been self-sufficient for a long time.

One doesn't want to be TOO vulnerable of course, but I think that's part of what differentiates f-buddies from lovers.
0 Replies