They are the Fab Five: an elite team of gay men who have dedicated
their lives to extolling the simple virtues of style, taste and
class. Each week their mission is to transform a style-deficient
and culture-deprived straight man from drab to fab in each of their
respective categories: fashion, food and wine, interior design,
grooming and culture.

It's a full lifestyle makeover -- a make BETTER show building hipper,
better groomed and more confident straight guys for the long-suffering
girlfriends, wives and mothers who love them.

Catch the premiere of the new series TV Guide calls "the most divine
makeover show ever!", and Entertainment Weekly raves "Fab indeed. B+."

QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY
Premieres Tuesday, July 15 at 10/9pm
Only on BRAVO

Find out more at
http://offers.nbci.com/redir3/GiAWXitAB!

http://www.bravotv.com/queereye
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 23,926 • Replies: 277
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:16 pm
Yoikes! Talk about playing up a stereotype to the hilt...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:35 pm
Every Fourth of July, for years, the Short North Unorganizing Committee of Columbus, Ohio, has sponsored the Doo Dah parade (rain date, July 3). For several years, young ladies in tight fitting black police uniforms, complete with mirror shades, and black peaked hasts, would ride up and down the parade route on black Bugatti motor bikes, handing out tickets--the Fashion Cops. They were an absolute hoot, and very ethical--everyone they ticketed looked like a slob, and the crowd loved it. Most of those busted took it in good humor, but if they didn't, the crowd would never let them live it down.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 04:17 pm
husker, if gay entertainment is in danger of becoming mainstream, this show is a step towards it. Are the gay guys going to make over or make the straight guys...
0 Replies

chemist

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 11:22 am
I'm not at all interested in watching this show... it seems incredibly rediculous, like most new shows.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:10 pm
Break on through to the other side....LW! LOL!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:09 pm
I can't wait to see it!!!
It's high time that straight men and gay men learn how to deal with one another.
This new show could really bridge a gap.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:11 pm
Yeah - progress... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:13 pm
It's all about progress!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:35 pm
A better dressed man is a better dressed man. I don't care how they make it happen.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:37 pm
Good God yes!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:41 pm
I saw the previews for it but, wasnt sure when it was going to be on...it would be interesting to take a peek at I think....it sounds silly and fun, and thats not so bad....
afterall...as ehbeth says..a well dresed man and all, its a good thing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 08:27 pm
Just another reminder to me of why I don't watch TV.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:40 pm
All kidding aside (this is just a lapse), straight guys have been taking on the gay trends since the 60's. The earrings were extremely confusing for nearly a decade (okay, some are naive enough to still not figure it out). I think they are having fun with this and it could be fun to watch. A straight man who is comfortable with his persona is not threatened or embarassed by any gay man. Look out, 'cause there's going to be more. How about one about how to throw a party? Straight parties are deadly dull.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:44 pm
Bravo had a limited series called "Gay Weddings"

5 finger snaps up-"Loved It"
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:55 pm
Perhaps LW but I'd guess that the overwhelming majority of gays don't have a fashion sense that is any better than the average straight guy and they see the show as as another over-hyping of a stereotype.

"Will & Grace", "Queer as Folk" and a host of other shows (TV, broadway, etc..) have taken hard kicks for portraying gays as either "to gay" or "not gay enough". This show sounds like it's ripe for the same type of thing. (It may not end up that way once we actually get a chance to see it though..)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:48 pm
yes, ehBeth - but - do they dress to the left, or right?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 05:12 pm
I read an article about the show in yesterday's NY Times. It sounded funny enough, though I doubt I'll have the patience to watch it. But the five guys seem to have a real sense of humor about it--if that comes through on the show, I'm sure it'll be entertaining...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 05:22 pm
I actually met those five guys the last time I was in New York. Before they got their hands on me I was a skinny black guy with a shaved head and I always wore three piece suits. Well, after several months they turned me into the guy that you now see. I am not sure if I am totally comfortable with my new look -- I kind of miss having a shirt when the temperatures plummet, but I'm going to give it time and see how everything works out.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 06:53 pm
I live in a neighborhood where probably more of my neighbors are gay than straight. As fishin' points out, I have not noticed that most of them (hell, any of them) have better fashion sense or any other type of easthetic sense than most straight men. In fact -- no joke! -- I have gotten admiring comments from some of them on my wardrobe and dress style.
0 Replies