FIRST A2K STRAW POLL White House 2008

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:09 pm
Probably been mentioned before but Skerry is conspicuously absent from the list....
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:15 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Probably been mentioned before but Skerry is conspicuously absent from the list....

Probably, because HE is NOT running! Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:17 pm
What the hell does that have to do with a straw poll?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:44 am
blatham wrote:
teenyboone

That migratory pattern may well explain why I've seen no crows here in Manhattan.

Came here about two years ago with a ladyfriend who was setting up a psychoanalytic practice here.

Have you enlisted her services yet, blatham?
Laughing
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:46 am
Re: is Obama support real?
Ragman wrote:
I just looked at the poll results gathered so far. Can it be possible that the vote is being stacked in his favor or can Obama be leading this poll by such a plurality?

Is ballot-box-stuffing possible here? If so, it sure would be disappointing if that's what his 2.5:1 ratio lead is about. I will state that I do feel it's possible, however, that he could capture many A2K-ers imagination and support. I wonder if that will translate to actual votes in a primary.

You might be catching on that A2K is not representative of the general population. Thankfully!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:54 am
okie wrote:
Ragman wrote:
I just looked at the poll results gathered so far. Can it be possible that the vote is being stacked in his favor or can Obama be leading this poll by such a plurality?

Is ballot-box-stuffing possible here? If so, it sure would be disappointing if that's what his 2.5:1 ratio lead is about. I will state that I do feel it's possible, however, that he could capture many A2K-ers imagination and support. I wonder if that will translate to actual votes in a primary.

You might be catching on that A2K is not representative of the general population. Thankfully!

NO, really????
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:43 am
The electorate is fickle. Obama just happens to be flavor of the week. As for the A2k they in no way reflect the general public. If they did the radical left would be in power which IMO is as dangerous as the conservative religiously oriented regime now in power.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:35 am
au1929 wrote:
The electorate is fickle. Obama just happens to be flavor of the week. As for the A2k they in no way reflect the general public. If they did the radical left would be in power which IMO is as dangerous as the conservative religiously oriented regime now in power.

I don't know about the so-called "radical left," whatever that is, but the left has made this country great. It got us out of a horrible depression brought to us by the right, gave us social security (without a single Republican vote), Medicare, graduated income tax system, mass transit, etc. What has the right brought us?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:22 am
agita ... and Dubyah..making monkey shines at camera..and of course trigger-happy Cheney!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:22 pm
Regarding the haircuts of Edwards, I remember the right nitpicking every Dem. It mentioned Clinton's haircut on the tarmac, Kerry's windsurfing while wearing spandex, Gore's earth-tone wardrobe, etc.

I guess the right can't let the electorate focus on the real issues, so the right has perfected nitpicking in the extreme. Too bad the media don't catch on to this.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:40 pm
Ragman wrote:

Is ballot-box-stuffing possible here? If so, it sure would be disappointing if that's what his 2.5:1 ratio lead is about.

Its possible.. but it would require making a new A2K user account for every extra vote. Considering the choices that people expressed in their posts in this thread, though, I dont think ballot stuffing was necessary. Obama does very well among the young, the liberal, the highly educated as well as among online communities, so the A2K result isnt much of a surprise really.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:40 pm
Advocate wrote:
Regarding the haircuts of Edwards, I remember the right nitpicking every Dem. It mentioned Clinton's haircut on the tarmac, Kerry's windsurfing while wearing spandex, Gore's earth-tone wardrobe, etc.

I guess the right can't let the electorate focus on the real issues, so the right has perfected nitpicking in the extreme. Too bad the media don't catch on to this.

Got a point there.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:31 pm
Advocate wrote:

lol Yeah, Ok! We won't mention the lefties calling Bush a chimp, commenting that he has "beedy eyes", or laughing at him for falling off of a bicycle.

I guess the left can't let the electorate focus either. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:42 pm
The media pointed out things about Bush, not the left.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:00 pm
Advocate wrote:

Right! I see... Care to find that link to an authorative news source that that first referred to Bush as a chimp? Or any authorative news source that mentions Bush's beedy eyes?

You truely are delusional.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:18 pm
Advocate wrote:

not that it took a hell of a lotta pointing....

let's see...hmmm. what's more likely to effect the american people...

a haircut or an incredibly incompetent president ?

windsurfing or a justification for war that's nothing but wind ?

gee... it's so hard to decide.

it's hard work...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:20 am
fishin wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Right! I see... Care to find that link to an authorative news source that that first referred to Bush as a chimp? Or any authorative news source that mentions Bush's beedy eyes?

You truely are delusional.

I think Advocate mislocated the difference in his second post, but had a point in his first.

The brouhaha about Edwards' haircuts, Clinton's haircut on the tarmac, Kerry's windsurfing, and Gore's earth-tone wardrobe, came from the Republican campaign and prominent conservative media figures themselves.

The Bush = chimp pictures, on the other hand, were the prerogative of dumb posters on online forums and blogs. At least I dont remember any Democratic politician comparing Bush to a chimp. And we certainly know about the Republicans campiagn use of Kerry's windsurfing.

So - bunch of lame-ass liberal posters and bloggers posting Bush = chimp pictures ... conservative TV talking heads and political campaign ads going on about Kery's windsurfing and Edwards' haircuts ... wouldnt that make a difference of significance?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:49 am
The only problem I have with Edwards is that, should he be elected, the taxpayers would have to mirror the entire White House. But, frankly, I would rather pay for his $400 haircuts than Bush's $8 billion per month for Iraq.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 10:14 am
nimh wrote:
The brouhaha about Edwards' haircuts, Clinton's haircut on the tarmac, Kerry's windsurfing, and Gore's earth-tone wardrobe, came from the Republican campaign and prominent conservative media figures themselves.

It "came from the Republican campaign and prominent conservative media figures themselves"??? Can you cite a source for that?

Edward's haircut came to light because he filed his campaign finance documents and the haircuts were charged (in violation of campaign finance rules) to his campaign. The story was first reported over the AP wire and was picked up in the next morning's issues (Apr 17th) of both the LA Times and the Washington Post.

The "prominent conservative media" that have done more that carry the AP story thusfar are the NY Times (which apparently doesn't like to run stories and credit the AP with them so they do their own reporting), Maureen Dowd and Robin Givhan (who's articles that appear in the "Fashion" section of the Washington Post).

The most heated and/or inflamatory piece to appear in any major media was the OpEd written by Dowd.

When did the AP, The LA Times, The NY Times and Maureen Dowd become the prominent conservative media?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 01:37 pm
ever heard of rush limbaugh? hows about sean hannity ? fox news ?

please.. i know you guys like to pretend that only centrists and lefties play politics, but really, it only makes you look foolish.
0 Replies