FIRST A2K STRAW POLL White House 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:58 pm
nimh wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
There was be something in the water over there if you took that armchair quarterbacking line to be directed at you [..]. In fact none of it was directed to anybody in particular.

Oh. I thought that, since you quoted my post, in its entirety, you were, you know, responding to what I said. And I didnt see how anything you wrote related to what I was specifically talking about, in that post.

When I respond to you directly, I'll make it quite clear that my remarks are directed to you personally.

But sometimes people just pick up on a point somebody makes and continues the conversation by adding their own perceptions and observations to it. That's what my intention was when I quoted your post. That way I could add comments without having to reinvent every wheel.

I suppose that concept is a bit over your head, however, and I should have been perceptive enough to know that you wouldn't be able to see what I was doing and would thus take offense. I apologize for that. It was not my intention to either criticize you or offend you.

Note: My entire post here is directed to you personally. It also is not especially intended to offend other than to point out schmuckiness in taking offense at the non offensive.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:34 pm
Confused I must have missed the post where Nimh was offended. Laughing Fox the idea of you saying something that's over Nimh's head is a riot. Laughing Thanks for the laugh. Your explanation makes no sense to any coherent person. Gee, I think I'll quote someone to talk about something else and only a fool won't understand that... Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 03:37 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Confused I must have missed the post where Nimh was offended. Laughing Fox the idea of you saying something that's over Nimh's head is a riot. Laughing Thanks for the laugh. Your explanation makes no sense to any coherent person. Gee, I think I'll quote someone to talk about something else and only a fool won't understand that... Laughing

And your brown nose is a bit browner (if that is possible) if you think Nimh's post wasn't being criticial. But you're welcome. Always happy to entertain.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:27 pm
Where did I suggest Nimh's post was/wasn't being critical?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:01 pm
I can not close this thread, but I am herewith declaring this straw poll, which ran roughly from March to May 2007, finalized!

And these were the results:

Code:
Republican - Rudy Giuliani 6% [ 5 ]

Republican - John McCain 7% [ 6 ]

Republican - Mitt Romney 3% [ 3 ]

Republican - Newt Gingrich (currently not running) 6% [ 5 ]

Republican - Other 8% [ 7 ]
(Brownback, Huckabee, Tancredo, Tommy Thompson, Hunter, Paul, Gilmore, Cox; Undeclared: Fred Thompson, Hagel, Pataki, Bloomberg, Rice, etc)

---

Democratic - Hillary Clinton 13% [ 11 ]

Democratic - Barack Obama 30% [ 24 ]

Democratic - John Edwards 10% [ 8 ]

Democratic - Al Gore (currently not running) 6% [ 5 ]

Democratic - Other 7% [ 6 ]
(Biden, Dodd, Kucinich, Gravel; Undeclared: Richardson, Clark, Sharpton, etc)

---

Total Votes : [ 80 ]

So, now.. JOIN ME FOR THE SECOND A2K STRAW POLL!
0 Replies

Richard Saunders

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 03:18 pm
RON PAUL
0 Replies